ITT Technical Institute

ITT Technical Institute Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

ITT Technical Institute Chairman & CEO Kevin M. Modany

Kevin M. Modany

Pros
  • Pay was decent for no experience and no degree(in 13 reviews)

• The reward of helping students achieve their goals is priceless(in 20 reviews)

Cons
  • no work life balance - required to work 6-7 days per week and on vacation or sick leave(in 16 reviews)

• upper management has unrealistic expectations, does not care about employees or students(in 22 reviews)

was good in the beginning...

Admissions Representative (Former Employee) Tampa, FL (US)

ProsI enjoyed helping people improve their lives by getting a degree and increasing job opportunities and income potential.

ConsWhat have you done for me lately? You will be kicked to the curb if you don't meet your goals which have become very hard to reach lately . Your goals will go up year after year even though the industry is in a downward spiral and enrollments are down year after year. Eventually you will not be able to maintain your goals and they will terminate you.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure to treat your loyal and productive employees good.

No complaints.

ProsWork-life balance is good. Great envirorment.

ConsNo complaints, management is great to work for.

Love what I do.

ProsGreat people to work around, the students are the best! You get what you put into your position!

ConsLike any company, communication over all could be improved. Focus more on the students.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

pretty boring

Admissions Representative (Former Employee) Richmond, VA (US)

Prosmost of the people where nice

Consfew leads, little work, no incentives, tier system

Advice to Senior Managementtry some new marketing to get more prospects

Wonderfull

Networking (Current Employee) Houston, TX (US)

ProsTeam Work ,Friendly Enviroment ,Educatuions

ConsEconomical Issue,Vacations ,Insurance High,Over Time

Advice to Senior ManagementCourses for advancement

Worst work experience ever!!

Admissions Representative (Former Employee) Durham, NC (US)

ProsCounsel students to achieve better outcomes in their lives. There is a strong sales aspect to this job. If you are looking to sharpen your sales skills - this may be the job for you. If you have a passion for helping people, than there are better opportunities out there.

ConsIn my opinion, the management staff was the most unprofessional, unethical group of individuals I have ever worked with in my 30+ years of employment.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider revising your business model. In my opinion, for-profit higher education schools should be about educating students and not about the bottom line of financial gain for the company.

Great entry-level position, but not a company to grow in.

Management Trainee (Former Employee)

ProsHigher pay compared to other companies in the industry. Great entry-level experience. I enjoyed my coworkers and managers at the campus level. Very compliant.

ConsNo bonuses or compensation for high performance scores. Required to work until 9 PM twice a week, and every other Saturday. No true training, and no support from headquarters. Health insurance is a virtually non-existent. The corporate office is disconnected from the happenings at a campus level and impose unrealistic goals and objectives. Corporate treats employees as disposable, and would rather higher outside the company versus promoting from within.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet better health insurance, compensate your employees for doing a great job, and learn what actually happens in a campus instead of assuming. Also, recognize the value in your employees and do whatever is necessary to keep a valuable staff.

My experience was good, ONLY because I had an awesome boss and coworkers

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsMy campus had great co-workers.

ConsAcademic Affairs and Recruitment are always at odds due to conflicting goals. Also it is impossible to move up in the company, even after years of employment. If you do move up, no matter the position, you only receive a ten percent raise.

Advice to Senior ManagementAppreciate and value your employees, especially the good ones. It's very sad that even when an employee deserves a "1" in their yearly evaluation, no one receives it because it has to be approved and signed by the CEO. What does that say about you Mr. Modany? HQ really needs to re-evaluate how to treat employees. The school has really gone down hill in the last 7 to 8 years

After several years, it's time to go.

Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) Carmel, IN (US)

ProsCourses are taught online- no wardrobe or transportation costs.

ConsFaculty managers insist on not supporting the standards proclaimed by ITT Tech, and in fact, state in emails not to follow them. No opportunity for a raise or promotion.

Advice to Senior ManagementScreen the faculty managers a little more carefully. I had good luck for years, but the most recent one under whom I worked seemed to have scattered thoughts, and came up with strange metrics. One evaluation, I was told I graded too rigorously, then next, I was too soft.

More of a corporation than a college.

Admissions Representative (Current Employee) Portland, OR (US)

ProsYou can leave your car in the parking lot while you travel (since it's so close to the airport). I am encouraged to use up all my sick days. Working late starts twice a week can be nice so i can sleep in or fit in a yoga class.

ConsBenefits are a slap in the face...just embarrassing. Micro-management is abundant. It's a hard to sell an education you don't believe in (but that is a personal problem for me).

Advice to Senior ManagementLet go of the micro-management. It does not encourage productivity or motivation. Just stay away.

Worked for ITT Technical Institute? Contribute to the Community!