Imagination Technologies

Imagination Technologies CEO and Director Hossein Yassaie

Hossein Yassaie

Perfect place to work..!

Design Engineer (Current Employee) Pune

Prosgood work environment, quality work based on you capabilities

Consnot some thing to worry about.

Imaginations Technologies

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Pune

ProsEmployee Friendly, Good Communications with the headquarters, good communications between various teams.

ConsNo overtime, expected to work long hours when required as part of the job.

Hardware Design Engineer (Current Employee) Kings Langley, England (UK)

ProsFriendly, and not hectic work hours

ConsSalary is really crap compared to what other similar companies pay

Advice to Senior ManagementYou need to start paying more

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Needs improvement

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsVaried and challenging work. Teams are helpful and pleasant.

ConsLack of promotions. Management don't have a clue and keep changing their mind and make too many mistakes.

Advice to Senior ManagementChange the management.

Great place for graduate engineers to learn, bad place for experienced engineers to make a living.

Hardware Design Engineer (Current Employee) Kings Langley, England (UK)

ProsIt's a great place for graduate engineers to learn a great deal in short time. Freshly graduated engineers can start writing RTL from day 1, while our Cambridge brethren won't let you come anywhere near RTL without a PhD and many years of experience.
    Also, the company takes great pride in caring about the well-being of their employees: a good subsidised canteen, a ride-to-work scheme that allows you to lease a bicycle to go to work real cheap, stress management seminars, ...

ConsThe reason why they can allow fresh graduates to work on the hard things is that the experienced and talented people leave as soon as they realise that they're paid Highland wages while living in an area with London housing prices, and that salary and title progression are just a blurry promise at best and that the shares they give you as bonus (after completing three years) are worth nothing and plummet from year to year.
    The reason why they offer a subsidised canteen and leased bicycles is because they're probably aware that their engineers can't afford a used car, or a decent flat or to feed their child on what they earn.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagers, you must be proud of your achievements! Just look at your Porsches, Mercedes and BMWs on the car park! Just don't forget that qualified labour has a price or you're going to lose them all. By the way, now that you're on a building frenzy, maybe you could build subsidised company dorms. With your engineers living on campus, it will be more easy for them to work even more unpaid overtime.

Have fun, I'm leaving soon. I finally found someone who values my skills and will double my salary. Double!

Good job bad pay

Leading Design Engineer (Current Employee) Kings Langley, England (UK)

ProsVery good and challenging job
    Good culture

ConsBad pay
    Poor management of engineering resources

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter pay to engineers (atleast be competitive).
    Better internal processes

Wonderful people, fantastic culture, low pay, very expensive area.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat, collegiate atmosphere. Friendly people. Active sports and social clubs. Easy to commute to/from London, only 20 mins into euston station. Fantastic canteen facilities.

ConsIt is located in the London commuter belt, so if you plan on living close to work, you get all of the cons of working in London, without the benefits. It is a very expensive area to live in and they do not pay London wages. Mostly male employees and located in a very quiet area.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhere you are located, you are competing with a variety of employers in London for engineering graduates. Competing positions offer significantly higher salaries, in better locations, with a structured career advancement and defined pay rises, not just the promise of a pay review. If you want the best, you should do this. The only reason not to give graduates an approximate figure of what they can expect to be earning in a few years time is if the chances are that it won't be much more than what they started on.

There is no shortage of highly qualified, hard working, enthusiastic engineers in the UK. It's just that they work in the city. Unfortunately, there are a shortage of engineering companies in the UK willing to pay staff what they are worth.

Worth doing for a while, no prospect of progresion

Design Engineer (Former Employee) Kings Langley, England (UK)

ProsThe job is incredibly stable - you could possibly spend your entire life there if you wanted to, and you do get to be a part of the development of some pretty well-respected products.

Me recommendation comes with the caveat that you move on once your responsibilities and experience outgrow the recognition you get from Imagination, which will typically take a couple of years.

ConsYou probably would spend your entire life at the grade your graduate adjustments ended at with no changes to pay or job title, even if your work responsibilities started to creep up over time. The pay is far below average for the sector and it's supposedly made up by the share offerings (Which Hossein says not to worry about when they hurtle downwards like a gold medallist at Sochi).

The culture has changed over 4 1/2 years - it went from feeling like 'the worlds biggest startup' to giving the feeling that they cared more about projecting an image than looking after engineers (the new buildings would look nice to a customer, but are 100% completely useles if you have to actually produce a product).

Advice to Senior ManagementPay better and listen to your engineers - they're a great bunch but they're just leaking away to Cambridge

Good company to work for.

Pros* Good projects.
    * Nice people.

Cons* Not competitive salary
    * No bonus

challenging times

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI learned a great deal

Consmercurial often unfocused upper leadership

Worked for Imagination Technologies? Contribute to the Community!