Infoblox Reviews

Infoblox President & CEO Jesper Andersen
Jesper Andersen
1 Rating

1. Warm and welcoming with smart people

Current Employee - Corporate Recruiter in Santa Clara, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Corporate Recruiter in Santa Clara, CA (US)

I have been working at Infoblox full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people, great benefits, RSU's getting stronger, open and friendly cooworkers, great boss, great boss's boss, great snacks, bike room, gym, lots of opportunity, lots of work and projects,

Cons

can't think of anything- the day is too short!

Advice to Management

Empower everyone around you, listen to their suggestions and hire bright people, just keep doing what you are doing!

Great people to work with-all the way up the chain.

Current Employee - Senior Product Marketing Manager in Santa Clara, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Product Marketing Manager in Santa Clara, CA (US)

I have been working at Infoblox full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Learn a lot every day I work here. I like that there is an emphasis on collaborating to get things done and yet, the environment and culture is casual with folks just coming up to meet and chat in person impromptu. It's not expected you must have a scheduled meeting for every discussion. Lots of online learning tools for new employees to learn about the technology and solutions. New CEO looks promising.

Cons

Must be a self motivated employee to learn the products and contribute to the company goals via your individual role. Not a lot or any micro management as far as I can tell.

Advice to Management

Keep employees informed on company goals and status throughout each quarter, not just after each quarter ends so we can make adjustments along the way.

3. Anonymous employee

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA (US)

I have been working at Infoblox full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Nice place to work . Great Management team.

Cons

Career growth is limited .

5. While working at Infoblox, I learned several important business and marketing strategies and worked with great people.

Former Intern - Market Qualification Representative in Santa Clara, CA (US)
    Former Intern - Market Qualification Representative in Santa Clara, CA (US)

I worked at Infoblox as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

-Great networking opportunities
    -Friendly work environment with an open door policy
    -Learned several business skills
    -"Lunch & Learn events" - Essentially, the HR department purchased lunch for the interns and brought in a speaker from one of Infoblox’s departments to talk about what their daily tasks were and what their department does for the company. Through these events, I learned more about advertising, sales, and engineering.

Cons

Technically demanding in terms of vocabulary. My first day I was reading through hundreds of pages of technical documents, but this is to be expected at a technology company.

Advice to Management

My managers were very helpful and open to questions. As an intern, this created an environment in which I could ask questions and learn more about my job without fear of being rebuked or pushed to the side. The people that I worked with took a genuine interest in my success.

6. I worked as a network engineer intern to manage the lab.

Former Intern - Intern in Santa Clara, CA (US)
    Former Intern - Intern in Santa Clara, CA (US)

I worked at Infoblox as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

This is a very good company for people who are interested in networking. The company has products on DNS, DHCP, and network management. People like me who are interested in networking will have success working at Infoblox. In addition, the people who are working there are very talented and it is always good to be around the talented pool of people.

Cons

Seems like the company has not still grown up to the level of hiring new grads and mentoring them.

Advice to Management

If you want to make your company popular then you should give opportunities for new grads, maintain a balance between senior and junior people.

7. Getting Better Everyday

Current Employee - Marketing in Santa Clara, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Marketing in Santa Clara, CA (US)

I have been working at Infoblox full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good work-life balance, autonomy in role and control over function, plenty of exposure to executive leadership team. Infoblox is a dynamic work environment and is currently working on "crossing the chasm." The transition from a small company to a larger, high-growth environment is not for everybody. However, if you want to have your ideas heard and contribute to a dynamic company--this is the place for you.

Cons

Strategy has seems less than solid over the last few quarters, but with a change in executive leadership (new product leader, new sales leader, new CEO) is driving better organizational alignment and uncovering new growth opportunities for the business.

Advice to Management

Keep investing to get benefits equal to best-in-class offerings from other silicon valley organizations.

Friendly coworkers and good work environment

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Santa Clara, CA (US)
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Santa Clara, CA (US)

I worked at Infoblox as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

This company makes innovative products, so working here means you'll actually be making something that people will benefit from. The environment here is also great (although somewhat cold in the engineering department), with bright coworkers and amazing snacks all the time. They also appreciate the engineers, with Friday happy hour right before the end of the day.

Cons

As mentioned above, it was rather cold there (perhaps as a side-effect of keeping the servers cold). The hours might be a little long (although I was an intern, so I had a fixed work schedule)

Not a good place to work for

Current Employee - Senior Firmware Engineer in Santa Clara, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Firmware Engineer in Santa Clara, CA (US)

I have been working at Infoblox full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits. Co-workers are nice. My manager is very nice to work with. They have happy hours on Friday.

Cons

Not the director. The co. does not treat everyone nearly equal in terms of stock options, job assignments. When the new director came, he brought his own people. The work for old timers got shifted away.

Advice to Management

Be nice to the people who have been there for a while.

Don't believe the HYPE! It's all a smoke screen to lure you in and work you to death!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA (US)

I worked at Infoblox full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are some really nice people who work there, 75% of them are unhappy and are simply afraid to do anything about it. They just complain to co-workers and stay.

Cons

Horribly miserable, uncaring, very wealthy, self-righteous upper management with old skool mentality that care only about themselves.

Favoritism rules regarding hiring, promotion and raises. Very unfair practices in HR.

Advice to Management

"Do unto others..."...well you all should know the rest of that line, and here's another good one..."What goes around..." yea...you all should know that one too.

No pay raise since joined the company

Former Employee - QA Engineer in Santa Clara, CA (US)
    Former Employee - QA Engineer in Santa Clara, CA (US)

I worked at Infoblox full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good product
    The people there are easy to work with and friendly. The work schedules can be flexible.
    Good medical insurances.

Cons

Long work hours(can be 14+ hrs). They expect you online all the time. Manager may call you over the weekend.
    Pay is below the market. No pay raise for 4+ years.

Advice to Management

Consider a pay raise for the employees.

Infoblox Photos