Informatica

Informatica Reviews

Updated Jul 29, 2014

Informatica Chairman and CEO Sohaib Abbasi

Sohaib Abbasi

Pros
  • Work life balance - Even workload, never forced to work overtime/weekends/late night (in 42 reviews)

• Good work life balance, helpful colleagues and work culture (in 22 reviews)

Cons
  • People worked themselves to the bone running in circles for upper management - no work/life balance (in 13 reviews)

• Have to go through politics when getting your idea approved (even if you are in an R & D) (in 9 reviews)

More Highlights

changed my definition of workplace, makes me want to work so much! great people!

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Bangalore

Prosgreat work-life balance ..flexible time offs.. good opportunity to grow..good compensation..friendly managers, free lunch and dinner..nice and intelligent people.. appreciation for work.. nice place to work in..great culture..

Conslearning curve, a lot of domain knowledge

Advice to Senior Managementjust hiring the right people is not enough, giving them the right training to begin with is necessary. promote an environment where people who have knowledge share that knowledge with others. mode of transfer of knowlege is immature. Lot of time and effort can be saved if collaboration is proper.

Jul 25, 2014Sr HRBP

Thanks for sharing your feedback and glad to see that you have a positive outlook about the company. While Tech talks and Innovation days are internal forums promoted within Informatica for ... More

Excellent experience and great work culture

Senior Leader (Former Employee) Bangalore

ProsGreat Work Culture and fantastic people. Good work life balance and very senior leaders and managers

ConsThe company has to be more open between different groups in Bangalore and USA

Advice to Senior ManagementSharing more information with engineers is required to gain trust

Jul 16, 2014VP Global Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to comment. We take your feedback seriously and its been noted and passed onto the right people. Thanks again and great to have you on the Informatica team

You have been warned!!!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Bangalore

ProsSome of the teams and their work environment is good. Non management people are quite friendly.

Cons1. Highly biased towards IITians. They are paid much better salaries than other non IITians.
    2. There is a platform named ISP. You will be shouted at and abused often. Be prepared for frequent humiliation if you are joining this team.
    3. No clear goals. You do X, they will say you are not doing Y. You start doing Y they will say you are not doing Z.
    4. People with flowery talks matter more here then with sound technical knowledge and innovative ideas. Sharpen your flattering skills if you want to make progress. Work does not matter that is the harsh truth.
    5. If you get targeted all meaningless work will go to you. Then you will be shouted and abused again that you are not doing anything useful.
    6. There are frequent one on one's to humiliate and demotivate you.
    7. From ISP team on average 3 people leave in 6 months.

On the whole DO NOT JOIN ISP TEAM. AND AT THE END I WOULD SAY, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED NOW CHOICE IS YOURS.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to work

QA Engineer (Former Employee) Bangalore

ProsGood product, great people, great culture

Consmanagement keep changing, creates confusion to engineers

Nice Work culture...Good Work Life balance

ProsGood Work Life balance..Nice bunch of people

Conssalary disparity among people at the same level

Hi There,

Thanks for your feedback.

Glad that you are having great time working at Informatica. Please feel free to connect with me in case you would like to discuss further on the concern
    ... More

One of the Best places to work

Senior User Experience Designer (Current Employee) Bangalore

ProsThe company values user experience design in all their products. There is recognition for your job from all levels of management. Employee welfare is taken into account in all company decisions. Appraisal is very transparent and it is really an appraisal for your work and not just a name sake process. Flexible working hours.

ConsThere is constant change in the senior management. The vision is not focused. The Vision is getting distorted with each management coming into position.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen there is a change in the Top Management, make sure that the predecessor's vision and goals have been met, before trying to put in new vision.

Jun 13, 2014Sr HRBP

Thanks for taking time to write this feedback; It's really good to see that you are really positive about Informatica.

Feel free to connect with me or anyone from the management to share your
    ... More

Review applies to the role of a Technical Support Engineer only.

Technical Support Engineer (Current Employee) Bangalore

ProsOpportunity to learn a world of knowledge (almost everything enterprise software related - Databases, Networking, Operating Systems etc.)

ConsCareer choice limited post this job at Infa.

Hi There,

Thanks for your feedback and glad that you are happy with the learning opportunities at Informatica.

Please connect with me or your BU - HRBP to talk in detail regarding the career
    ... More

lots of opportunities to learn and grow

Professional Services, Analyst (Current Employee) Bangalore

Prosgood working environemnt,
    good techonologies
    work-life balalnce

Consnone i can think of

May 13, 2014Sr HRBP

Thanks for taking time to share the feedback; Glad that you are having great time at work.
    Thanks,
    Anoop Ramachandran

Awesome experience

SE Intern (Current Employee) Bangalore

ProsI have been working as intern for last 4 months.Very helpful collegues,Technically challenging job,Good work culture,free lunch and diner.Managers are super cool,they give proper respect to each and every employee .. be it senior or junior

ConsPackage is less. Internship pay is also lesser compared to other companies which are at par.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work

Apr 21, 2014Sr HRBP

Great to see that you are really positive about the company; thanks for taking time to share your views.

Please get in touch with me if you would like to discuss regarding the concern you raised

Software Engineer Intern

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Bangalore

ProsGreat working culture
    no workload
    flexible timing

ConsCTC for each employees is very varying even if they share the same designation.

Apr 15, 2014Sr HRBP

Thanks for taking time to write this feedback; Good to know that you are happy with the culture at Informatica.

... More

Worked for Informatica? Contribute to the Community!