Insight

Insight Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014

Insight President and Chief Executive Officer Kenneth T. Lamneck

Kenneth T. Lamneck

Pros
  • Good people for the most part, challenging work(in 10 reviews)

• Good place to start for entry-level IT sales(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • terrible hostile work environment, terrible home work balance terrible upper management team(in 10 reviews)

• There is such a lack of discipline from sales reps who do not care very much(in 5 reviews)

Field Sales Representative

Sales (Former Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsGreat benefits, excellent compensation plan, superb infrastructure. Terrific perks and good management. Definitely a place where you would want to work.

ConsResistant to change even if change is in their best interest. They are a VAR and VAR they will stay ... at the mercy of their vendors. They "say" they do services but it is limited to break/fix. Missing the boat on powerful revenue generating practice.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to embrace services as part of their growth strategy. Because Insight is so tied to their vendors, Insight is at their mercy. Management should consider branching out in terms of service offerings so they have better margins and better control over their destiny.

Great people. Horrible management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat people to work with. Management says all the right things.

ConsManagement is so clueless and disconnected as to what is happening in the company and what needs to be done. They keep talking about fixing it to prevent the turnover.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop taking away benefits. Start listening to your employees.

Don't do it!

Secretary (Former Employee) Tempe, AZ (US)

ProsSick time was not regulated -- Could take a good bit off if needed. Was located in a beautiful city and great shopping nearby.

ConsEverything -- No growth or promotion opportunities. Depressing culture and workplace; Benefits were not good.

Advice to Senior ManagementStrive to put employees first.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Run!

Anonymous (Current Employee)

ProsFlexibility, but not in all areas

ConsSo many, don't know where to start. Teammates are overworked and mentally beaten up with little to no appreciation or return. Merit increases are a joke!

Advice to Senior ManagementLook at Director/VP level mgmt they manage by fear. To much politics, it's all about who you know, not what you know or the effort put in. You are losing all of your knowledgeable employees due to being pushed out by the Buddy system.

Runaway

Account Executive (Current Employee) Montreal, QC (Canada)

ProsGreat Benefits, some good people work there. Good training too.

ConsMost has already been said. Runaway. we started the training and after a couple of weeks, they started firing people. all they tell you is you are not a fit for the company, please take your belonging.
    you ve been warned.
    I would stay away from the company.

Horrible

Account Executive (Former Employee) Montreal, QC (Canada)

Prosno over time, motivation to look for other jobs

ConsHigh pressure, no compensation, lack of leadership,

Great place to work but confusing also.

ProsTalented Team of people. Good work ethics.

ConsRoles are not clear. Sometimes this can be challenging and confusing.

Constant change is the norm.

Inside Sales (Current Employee) Plano, TX (US)

ProsLots to learn and keep you busy.

ConsStructure - need more and less; depends on the area.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue listening and implementing changes.

Outstanding management team and headed in the right direction

ProsExecutive Management / Leadership has the company headed in the right direction.
    Investment in Services business and people is a major plus.
    New focus based on specific sales segments and verticals is setting the company up for success.

Consbenefits package and 401K match is just OK.
    Difficult at times to overcome legacy box-selling approach.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to invest in the Services and Solution selling capabilities.

Procurement manager

Procurement Manager (Former Employee) Plano, TX (US)

Proscentrally located in the metroplex

Consterrible hostile work environment, terrible home work balance terrible upper management team

Advice to Senior ManagementAppreciate and listen to your employees they are who make you what you are

Worked for Insight? Contribute to the Community!