Insight

Insight Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014

Insight President and Chief Executive Officer Kenneth T. Lamneck

Kenneth T. Lamneck

Pros
  • Good people for the most part, challenging work(in 10 reviews)

• Good place to start for entry-level IT sales(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • terrible hostile work environment, terrible home work balance terrible upper management team(in 10 reviews)

• There is such a lack of discipline from sales reps who do not care very much(in 5 reviews)

Great sales school

Adobe Sales Specialist (Former Employee) Montreal, QC (Canada)

ProsGood training program, company appreciates hard workers and individuals with high potential. Corporate culture is great.

ConsCompensation is quite low, company likes to hire junior sales people instead of experienced sales executives as they do not want to pay high base salaries. Excessive micro-management on the sales floor.

Poor leadership

Supervisor (Former Employee) Tempe, AZ (US)

ProsThe team reporting to me did a great Job and was very hard working. The Technical team was extremely competent and was always willing to answer questions.

ConsI was terminated from my position for “Performance” I was past 90 days and had no negative reviews or disciplinary actions. Insight does not care about it’s people that work for them and do not follow their own policy.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you are going to fire someone give them an opportunity to fix any issues that they may have but informing them of issues. Terminating someone with no documentation sets the company up for a discrimination law suit.

Think before you interview at this company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe Tempe location is nice.

ConsNot a good working environment due to unhealthy internal politics and lack of professionalism.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good people to work with but value message to customers lacking

Account Executive (Former Employee) Austin, TX (US)

ProsFull spectrum of solutions available for clients with strong service & delivery teams.

ConsGuardrail to guardrail management tendencies with sales being pulled into many different directions, management disconnected with regional teams at times, comp plan/benefits are constantly changing.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in your people

Account Executive

Account Executive (Current Employee) Montreal, QC (Canada)

ProsExcellent training by Montreal learning and development team. If you are willing to learn and participate you will have all the support needed. Great introduction to IT sales.

ConsQuestionable HR policies and management protocol. Objectives can at times be unrealistic and compensation minimal for efforts given. Be ready for some very long days with no overtime paid.

several years in sales

Prosstrong position in industry, active in hiring, developing a strong cloud presence. OVerall package is good and opportunities exist for advancement if you look for them.

ConsTends to underinvest and give competitors a lead, can be shortsighted in their goals and reactionary to main partners and their needs. Still struggling for idsentity in marketplace.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave more administrative assistance for sales, turn sales management into experts to be on calls with sales employees. Inside sales should be a lead generation engine

Lack of vision

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe salary was very good and the company has a strong history with good upper level management

ConsIn my experience the company lacked vision in my particular area. The pitch during the interview was intriguing but the reality was far from the pitch. My experience with Insight was unfortunate but led to me to an excellent opportunity.

Not a bad company to work for a little while - excellent benefit package but little career development / progression

Buyer (Current Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsBenefits - support - training programs.

ConsNo flexibility - low salary - routine - lots of corporate gossip - not an entrepreneurial culture.

Strict environment with fun co-workers

Services Technician (Current Employee) Tempe, AZ (US)

ProsNew NOC
    Fun co-workers
    Laid back at times
    Great opportunity to learn as an entry level job

ConsLack of advancement ladder
    Seems every quarter a new barrier or rule is put up banning something
    Pay is on the very low end compared to other employers
    High turn-over in this department due to low pay and advancement

Advice to Senior Managementcarve out a better advancement tier structure
    start raising salaries based on experience to match other companies
    reduce the number of work restrictions and policies. If you show you have faith in your employees and trust them to get work done, they will reward you with hard work and increased productivity

I got out of it what I put into it

Account Executive (Former Employee) Tempe, AZ (US)

ProsFun sales culture
    Room for growth

ConsUpper Management doesn't really get what's go
    ing on on the sales floor

Advice to Senior ManagementKnow your talent and do what you can to keep it around

Worked for Insight? Contribute to the Community!