Insight

www.insight.com
Employer Engaged

Overall they do not care about their employees.

Former Employee - Technical Supervisor in Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Former Employee - Technical Supervisor in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I worked at Insight

Pros

The Pay was good.
    The time off was good.
    They had some really good people working for them.
    Not much else was.

Cons

They do not give the training needed to succeeded.
    Not clear on the expectations.
    They terminated me because I took all of my vacation for a trip with my wife.
    They care more about image than getting the job done right
    Upper management had no involvement.

Avoid. You will be left to sink or swim and success is not aided by the compay.

I worked at Insight full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Had a few laughs with people. Made some good money before the reduced the commission plans twice.

Cons

Gong in circles for years. Lack of progress and vision. Huge turnover. Somedays its like a bloodbath of people being fired, replaced by new ones and only to then watching them get fired. The old timers cling on because they have accumulated a good business from the leavings of others. Low morale ad everyone constantly complaining. Have seen the commission plan reduced twice by management who cannot add value just cut costs. Bullying and incompetace is rife.

You're in over you're head and its costing others. Do the decent thing and leave. Cutting costs does not equate to growth.

If you absolutely need a job for now but not a long term solution

I worked at Insight

Pros

I can't think of very many pros except for some of the people that I worked with.

Cellphone reimbursement but my role required accessibility at all hours of the day and night which limited work/life balance.

Cons

I am glad that I got an opportunity to work for Insight as I have learned how NOT to run a business. The company needs to focus on a singular directions (changes are announced one day and updated the next) and seriously consider having ethics training for ALL especially the senior leadership team (I have witnessed conversations that question the humanity of leadership). Turnover is horrible and there is not much to attract the talent with compensation and benefits lacking way behind similar companies.

With the exception of the CTO, I would recommend starting over with a strong ethical strategic leadership team focus on driving innovation and sales growth. Reward talent and they will make a difference.

Been working here 7 months and wow what an eye opener. Very siloed, "not my job" attitude from many teams.

Current Employee - Operations
    Current Employee - Operations

I have been working at Insight full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The people I work with are nice.

Cons

lots of manual processes, IT can't get the main order entry system supported by the infrastructure it needs...appears to be a lack of expertise around the tool itself (SAP).

Pick a direction and stick with it for more than a couple months. Clarify who you are to the marketplace.

Great company to work for.

Former Employee - SSR - Support Services Representative
    Former Employee - SSR - Support Services Representative

I worked at Insight full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great management.
    Flexible work schedules.
    Personal growth.

Cons

The pay should be higher.
    Lack of one on one meetings from direct supervisor.

Don't let an employee feel left out.

Great transformation ahead!

Current Employee - Manager in Uxbridge, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Manager in Uxbridge, England (UK)

I have been working at Insight full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great leadership, new strategy that will set Insight up for success. Good focus on ethics and people development - have Investors in People Gold status.

Good benefits and collaborative culture. Fun team environment.

Cons

Going through a period of change... but a good thing longer term.

Trying to evolve, but has a ways to go

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Tempe, AZ (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Tempe, AZ (US)

I have been working at Insight full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Industry leader and expanding offerings and services capabilities provide Insight with great potential. Benefits are decent for a large corporation. They have recently added some more innovative benefits like an on-site health clinic and on-site health screenings to improve health consciousness among the teammates. They have a nice holiday party and some fun perks from the partners in the call center. Good management training programs for front line managers are provided, if you can find the time to attend. Onsite cafeteria at the Harl location, although it's overpriced and food isn't healthy or good. Free vendor food is common and better than the cafeteria food!

Cons

Constant change is strategy and senior leadership is often times short sighted, but in the name of growth. Constant change is particularly frustrating to the sales organization who's expectations, accounts, managers, etc are frequently changing. There is a tremendous lack of sales accountability and rigor. Sales training is poor and sales management, with some exceptions, is poor. The culture is deteriorating and morale is currently very low. Systems are very outdated, but there is a lot of work being done to improve in this area. Pay overall is below market average. Insight is trying to evolve into a modern day company, but still has a lot of school mentality which makes the shift difficult. Lots of silos and favoritism still exists. There is no empowerment and you need to go through a million approvals for the most basic and common sense things. Lots and lots of meetings. Very little respect for work/life balance or time off. You are expected to ALWAYS be accessible.

Stop implementing so many major changes without thinking them thoroughly and getting reality checks from those on the front lines. Change is good, but constant and ongoing changes can be incredibly distracting. Create more accountability in the sales organization. Empower your managers and leaders. Being fiscally responsible is good, but you have over-pivoted at the expense of your teammates and the culture.

Great Place to Work

Former Employee - Product Specialist in Tempe, AZ (US)
    Former Employee - Product Specialist in Tempe, AZ (US)

I worked at Insight

Pros

Comfortable work environment, good training department, very fair comp plan

Cons

Try to provide a better balance/mix of training and the normal day to day activities

None

Product Management

Current Employee - Product Management in Uxbridge, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Product Management in Uxbridge, England (UK)

I have been working at Insight

Pros

Empowered to make a difference. Excellent pay structure. New president EMEA is a welcomed breath of fresh air. Dress down culture.

Cons

Increase in role development would be welcomed. Structured development plan needed

Keep on track with North Star plan. Work of genius that will transform the company to a true solution provider.

I have recommended

I have been working at Insight

Pros

There is room for advancement and it is a great team to work with.

Cons

Compensation is usually below industry standard.