Intel Corporation

3.8 3,233 reviews

Intel Corporation CEO Brian M. Krzanich

Brian M. Krzanich

3,233 Employee Reviews

Pros:
  • "Very good work-life balance - atleast my position is around a 40 hr work week"
    in 393 reviews
  • "I'm very proud of working with cutting edge technology"
    in 125 reviews
Cons:
  • "Work life balance can be a challenge as there are always more things to do"
    in 147 reviews
  • "Very heavy decision making processes, usually involving a lot of stake holders"
    in 94 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Excellent company to work for

Systems Analyst (Current Employee)

I have been working at Intel Corporation full-time for more than 5 years

ProsIntel is an excellent company to work for. The work culture is great and there is an air of innovation in everyday work. I especially like the freedom and flexibility given to employees to complete their jobs in the best possible productive manner.

The company also encourages employees to take active part in community involvements and provides employees a platform to unleash their passion for community work.

ConsPay could be even better.

My Experience with Intel has been rewarding as well as Prouctive

Solutions Quality Analyst (Current Employee)

I have been working at Intel Corporation full-time for more than 8 years

ProsBest WLE benefits, better than market compensation package, lot of employee benefits such as Bus pass for all employees at 0 cost and many more....
Great company for Senior professionals

ConsLearning curve/Job increments as slower than market this can be a issue if you are trying to move between Jobs

Advice to Senior ManagementJob designations are completely Intelised, i feel the Job descriptions are very generic can be made more aligned with comparable companies

Good Company, Lot of brilliant people, Cutting edge work

Post Silicon Validation Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Intel Corporation full-time for more than a year

ProsGood package
Work time flexibility
Lot of things to learn
WLE
Brilliant minds
Helping hands everywhere, just need to talk and fix the problems

ConsSudden management decisions
Lay offs are happening now

Advice to Senior ManagementRe-deploy the resources
Plan and Hire
Should do foot print in new markets and conquer low price market

Intel - India

Senior Layout Mask Designer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Intel Corporation full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGood work life balance. It depends on business group and how sensible your manager is.

ConsPay is on the lower side. Perks are on higher side[Free transport, gym, xyz programs ]. Intel INDIA is nowhere behind for office politics, favoritism. Somehow we Indian’s don’t accept the meaning of the word meritocracy.

Great Place to work at

Graduate Technical (Current Employee)
Bangalore

I have been working at Intel Corporation as an intern for more than a year

ProsGave me immense exposure as an intern

ConsDidnt absorb me because of layoffs

Advice to Senior ManagementHave concern towards interns and then go for campus recruitments

Reasonable company , Tremendous Dirty politics , Organization lacks vision , US drives everything

Senior Technical Leader (Current Employee)

I have been working at Intel Corporation full-time for more than 3 years

Pros* India Organization policies are reasonable , Offers free transport and standard medical plans
* Work life balance is reasonable
* Salary was better than market and services companies until some time back

Cons* This is NOT a place for senior technical leaders to grow their career
* The company as a whole is bleeding money in Mobile and tablet area and is so far unable to make a dent
* The India organization lays off people in hundreds from at regular intervals , however the media does not report it
* Ethics is championed in the media, however senior management does not treat junior leaders ethically
* Severance packages have been reduced lately and are nowhere close to generous
* Everything depends on US management and what they feel and think abut you, Your work rarely counts
* Organizations are extremely political with mostly dirty politics at senior levels
* Little real work happens at senior management levels in US and India and its all about who is whose good books
* India management and HR have little to no say in any area. Everything is run from US geo.India HR is virtually non existent and does not protect the org.
* Technical growth is limited as scope is defined within what the organization wants to do
* Zero to very little onsite openings
* Senior leadership and decision making Roles are created in US geo's ONLY as strategy is to make India in a flat back office like delivery center staffed with junior people
* Person risks unemployability in the market if he remains in this Org for too long as skill erosion happens due to little work and more politics
* Night calls almost everyday with people in PST(California) timezone

Advice to Senior Management* Give India organization the credit that it deserves
* Stop dirty politics and recognize real work
* Remove non productive personnel and employ hands on people who can drive initiatives
* Create a meritocracy and not a bureaucracy
* Empower India HR to act , do not make it a mute spectator

Very Employee Friendly Company

Human Resources Manager (Current Employee)
New Delhi

I have been working at Intel Corporation full-time for more than 3 years

ProsWork Life Balance, Flexibility, Great Products, Decent Pay. The Org has a heart and thinks of employees. There are good practices and processes followed for welfare of employees.

ConsBureaucratic, needs time to bring in innovative practices, Very Centralized approach - it does not operate as a Global Organization. Intel by virtue of its History and line of work comes across as a bureaucratic org. Plus its a large organization that can make employees at time feel lost or overwhelmed. One soon realizes that an important attribute to have to succeed and do different roles in the org is networking. This can leave some frustrated.

Advice to Senior ManagementGeo Empowerment is a good strategy. Need to think about how to move from being an MNC to being a truly Global Organization. Need to think more agile and cutting edge in the changing world. Need to go more aggressive

A great company to work with

I have been working at Intel Corporation full-time for more than 8 years

ProsGreat company culture which integrates you seamlessly with such a globally dispersed organisation. Intel pays comparative to the market trends on the higher side which is good, flexibility in working schedules..

ConsStill heavily inclined on US based decision making which never gives you end to end ownership of a product, work life effectiveness is bad as you move up the ladder,,

Great place to work

I have been working at Intel Corporation full-time for more than a year

ProsVery communicative in the company,facilities are very good.

ConsFreshers need to be ramped up very fast.

Advice to Senior ManagementFreshers need to be ramped up very fast.

Working @ Intel

Hardware Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Intel Corporation full-time for more than 3 years

ProsYou will feel proud of working @intel, Work Culture, openess, diversity, Sites spread across world, you can find breadth and depth for any activity. Great Place to Work

ConsToo Heavy to move/change, Some of Technical skills inside may not be so usefull outside.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake more risk, Don't be too paranoid, Adapt best practices seen outside.

Worked for Intel Corporation? Contribute to the Community!

Intel Corporation Videos

Intel Corporation – Why Work for Us?

As the world leader in silicon innovation, Intel develops technologies, products and initiatives to continually advance how people work and live. Our world is filled with 41,000 engineers bent on turning science… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Intel Corporation reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Intel Corporation CEO Brian M. Krzanich. All 3,233 reviews are posted anonymously by Intel Corporation employees.