Internap Network Services

Be The First To
Add Photos

Internap Network Services President, CEO, and Director J. Eric Cooney

J. Eric Cooney

Great company....just need more structure!!

Anonymous (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

ProsExcellent PTO time,benefits and competitive salary!! Able to work from home and flexible time. Doesn't micro manage!

ConsLack proper training and I think there should also be a stronger HR department that supports employees on a more personal level!! I don't see minorities and women in senior management and middle mgmt positions!

Advice to Senior ManagementGet involved with employees that will create a balanced and positive environment ! Boost morale by creating functions that motivate employees to want to stay! Get involved in the community by giving back! Give to schools or shelters to show that Internap cares about the community. Creative a culture for the company that is positive and encouraging creating company values and upper management leading by example!! Allow people to grow within the company and allow minorities who are qualified to advance to senior and middle mgmt positions!!

Potential....

ProsCompany is moving in the right direction with OpenStack Powered and Hosting services. All services are related to each other and provides clients with flexibility and options to optimize current infrastructure as well as put in place an architecture to grow.

ConsAny company in growth mode can be challenging to get to top line revenue. Especially after acquisition of integrating systems, processes, employees, etc.

Squandered Potential

Network Engineer (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

ProsThe people are the only major benefit to working here. The people in operations are some of the hardest working and most knowledgeable people you will ever meet. You will accrue a large amount of PTO, but due to scheduling and working conditions it is doubtful you will be able to use it. Training is available, as long as you use your own time off to do it. Don't expect the company to

ConsIt's sad that Internap has gone from being one of the best technology companies to work for in Atlanta to a veritable technology sweatshop. If you work for them, prepare for work in an on-call rotation with a pittance of a compensation for the constant paging and after hours work. The turnover rate, both voluntary and management initiated, means that the company has very little expertise in anything. The sales department is a joke and on more than one occasion sold services that are literally impossible to provide. The only people that seem to stay at Internap are the executives, and if you look at the SEC filings you will see why.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good place to learn

ProsGreat co-workers, good pay, and good benefits

ConsNeed better communication from the upper management

Advice to Senior ManagementLet employees know what is going on

Stay away from this place! After 3 months, I knew I made a big mistake in coming to work for this company.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGrowing Industry, use this place as a platform to leap into bigger and better things.

ConsSVPs, VPs & directors are there for creating massive confusion and chaos than anything. Most of them suffer from indecisions, lack of leadership and expertise. This was the most mindlessly amazing part of my experience with this company.

Many of their product differentiation claims have very little truth and substance, often reflects pipe dreams.

Shady hiring/firing practices: Often they will advertise positions as full-time positions when in reality, the positions are temporary and will last only for about 6-9 months.

-No synergy, almost every department, every individual likes to work as a silo. Hard to get anything done.

-No training plans for people to succeed, no company culture, no values, little to no professionalism throughout.

Ultra-high turnover rate at all levels pretty much tells you what you need to know.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop thinking that you are the smartest people in the room. You are a bunch of amateurs! Listen to people who know what they are doing even if they report to you.

Company overview

Anonymous (Current Employee)

ProsPlenty of work to be done

ConsWork is never done lots of work

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to add employees to many single points of failure

No Direction. It is like watching clowns in a circus, except the clowns in a circus know what they are doing.

ProsOne of the employees found the couch quite comfortable during his shift as he would nap on it. So, comfortable furniture and get paid while you nap. If you get along with management, you know, buddy-buddy, you can work from home when you want to even though there is no work from home policy, get a decent raise and bonus even if you are a slacker.

ConsNo work from home policy, unless you are buddy-buddy with the manager. Expensive benefits. No career path. Management doesn't care about employees. No motivation. Raises are a joke. Company is extremely stingy. Nobody smiles unless they just past gas. Lack of training. Must have a certification or your bonus/raise is impacted, which you are not told until after you start.

Advice to Senior ManagementWith all of these bad reviews, management needs to be replaced.

If you have to...

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsBenefits were ok, commission was good. Base salary was ok.

ConsA lot of turnovers, several a year. Not many advancement opportunities. Some manager aren't willing to allow working from home.

Advice to Senior ManagementFollow through with the round table discussions with employees and LISTEN.

Company with no vision and less than transparent

ProsDiverse portfolio of solutions.
    Some very intellectual individuals; many desire the ability to do better and more...
    Compensation is on the upper end

ConsNo vision except, in CEO's mind...
    Company lacks transparency at the executive level
    People promoted to leadership roles with NO leadership experience
    More than a 60% turnover in sales individual contributor roles
    The few "sacred cows"...
    Hired to "run my own business" but are not provided support and road map for success
    HR group is very weak - on-boarding is shove them in the deep end and see who swims
    CEO has to approve deal margins...

Advice to Senior ManagementDecimate information as to vision, direction, strategic goals

Negative comments on Glassdoor are quite accurate

(Former Employee)

ProsGood pay and benefits. Could be a world class company

ConsCronyism is supreme at Internap. If you're a VP or above or best buddies with a VP, you can do no wrong. Basically the company is run by VP's only. Anyone below that level is an idiot. Only the chosen few are capable of making decisions. The irony is with the current "decision makers" turnover is astronomical and the decisions they make have been catastrophic to the company. Yet, the same "few" continue to pat themselves on the back. Zero accountability at the VP level. Internap is the type of company that could read all the negative reviews and take none of it to task. Arrogance at it's best.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt's the people below the VP level that are actually making money for the company and servicing the customers. How about actually listening to the people that are running the company (hint, its not the VP's)? Instead the culture encourages employees to keep their mouth shut "or else"

Worked for Internap Network Services? Contribute to the Community!