Intersections

Be The First To
Add Photos

Intersections Chairman and CEO Michael R. Stanfield

Michael R. Stanfield

Budget cuts, lack of business direction, no career growth, lousy pay

Anonymous (Current Employee)

ProsMost of the ppl are really nice to work with although there are some folk who have been there too long that are overly opinionated which ends up being a negative. There is a lot of work to keep you busy. Great from a commuting standpoint especially if you live in the Chantilly area. Mostly flexible management. HR has some fun events to keep the company morale high even though it is generally low.

ConsConfused Business leaders with a lot of verbal 'fluff' but no real direction on company prospects especially given that revenue has been on a constant decline for the past year. There is literally little to no career growth and no hierarchical structure. Very top heavy with managers but no solid training as individuals get promoted to these roles. Pay increases are negligible so try to get in with your upper salary range because don't expect much in terms of raises. Some of the folk who have been there over 6 years are difficult to deal with. They are a distraction as new executive management try to change the process of how things move from one phase to the next within IT. Overall I would not recommend this company to friends as the prospects are not looking good for this company given that we are competing against our own partners in the identity theft market. A lot of knowledgable folk are leaving the company which puts the company in a bigger predicament especially since they are not hiring due to budget cuts.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe open to ideas and stop pointing fingers. The blame game gets us nowhere. Also communicate with your employees about what the short term and long term goals are for the company. Morale is low because everything is discussed behind closed doors and there is no direction.

A good skill building place to work.

Programmer (Former Employee) Chantilly, VA (US)

ProsYou will be challenged to code for 100% accuracy, security and maximum efficiency/throughput. You will learn if you make an effort and not otherwise. You will learn a lot about PCI compliance and the credit industry.

ConsNeeds product diversification. Too many variants of the same old thing with little branding changes.

Too many meetings, most are lengthy and could be held with fewer participants.

Advice to Senior ManagementThink outside the box or have someone help brainstorm, been doing the same thing for 20 years, losing effectiveness fast.

Great learning experience, but moral is deteriorating

IT Development (Former Employee) Chantilly, VA (US)

ProsI can personally attest to the potential for professional growth and learning. The people are hard-working and lifelong friendships can easily be found.

ConsThe company has undergone many changes over the last few years, and overall moral has deteriorated. Discord among directors, and senior and mid-level management has created a confusing and stressful work environment. Long hours are expected with little appreciation and work-life balance is no longer something that can be found.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

First step

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Chantilly, VA (US)

ProsNice place to work when starting your career. Work with some really intelligent people, always an opportunity to build something new.

ConsPay is below market average. Yearly increase is based on cost of living, not merit. Unable to move up in company unless you are friends with someone.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop treating employees like numbers.

Director

Director (Current Employee) Chantilly, VA (US)

ProsSmart executives, good team environment, good work life balance

Constough regulatory environment, need more senior level interaction

Advice to Senior Managementn/a

Interesting

Manager (Former Employee) Chantilly, VA (US)

ProsPeople for the most part were laid back and professional.

ConsBusiness went through some changes and laid a bunch of people off.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo set training standards, makes the first few months painfully boring.

Experience was mediocre

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe people I worked with were nice.

ConsSo much talk about upgrade, and so much planning, but zero execution. Worked for one of the worst managers you can ever imagine. Very unorganized, condescending, and just an overall horrible person. I wondered why I ever worked under those types of conditions.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake better choices as to who you make a manager.

Good experience

Marketing (Former Employee) Chantilly, VA (US)

ProsPretty intense culture with not much on-the-job training. Need to learn on your feet and be able to juggle multiple priorities. Good exposure to different corporate clients.

ConsTakes a long time to get projects done. Doesn't seem to be a good corporate IT platform by which to service corporate clients. This leads to confusion and prioritization challenges.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate stronger culture with a more formal recognition program.

Contractors Beware

ProsI can't think of any.

ConsThey broke their written agreements and did not pay me.

Advice to Senior ManagementEnsure your senior IT managers pay their contractors.

Good Place to work.

IT Business Analyst (Former Employee) Chantilly, VA (US)

ProsGood place to learn if you are out of college and need some experience.

ConsSometimes Work load is bit too much. Unrealistic deadline

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote people according to their Merit

Worked for Intersections? Contribute to the Community!