Intertek

Intertek Reviews

Updated Jul 18, 2014

Intertek CEO Wolfhart Hauser

Wolfhart Hauser

Pros
  • We have the power to move into any industry sector where we see growth opportunities and the people to make sure we are successful(in 5 reviews)

• Intertek provides good entry-level jobs that help employees build their customer service skills and teamwork tactics(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • I was denied a request to work fewer hours to improve my work/life balance(in 5 reviews)

• There is no communication from management, decisions are constantly made without consultation and schemes are often introduced with no notice given(in 3 reviews)

For Intertek India,Hyderabd

Senior Test Engineer (Current Employee) Hyderābād

ProsYou get monthly pay on time.

ConsYou can't expect much from company.

Disappointed

Test Engineer (Current Employee) Hyderābād

ProsGood for freshers, Perfect timings

ConsLot of pressure, low pay, no career growth,

Advice to Senior ManagementGive proper salary hikes, hire more people to reduce pressure, give value to the employees, try to improve facilities and infrastructure to maintain certain standards within the company.

About the Company

Test Engineer (Former Employee) Hyderābād

Proscompany has 127 years in testing various things

Conscompany never give importance to employees. no respect to the employees, waste work culture...

Very less salaries, even our company security guards are earning more than the employess. so you people only think about this..

Advice to Senior Managementgive importance to the employees and should provide basic salaries to the employees...

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It is very good. I faced new experienced at Intertek & I learnt lot from it.

Project Coordinator (Former Employee) Lucknow

ProsAt the end they want to happy their employes too.

ConsSometimes it is but it hardly matters.

Advice to Senior Managementkeep working & growing like this.

rating

Testing Engineer (Current Employee) Hyderābād

Prosits a good company,which give lots of support to employees.

Consless projects,so trying for new projects

Advice to Senior Managementno advices

Overall, a good place to work

ProsIntertek has a diverse environment and allows for learning by doing within your own position. There are opportunities for growth if you happen to have the right management.

ConsManagement oftentimes cannot perceive you in any role other than the one you currently hold so transferring to another team/division is not offered or an option. There is a lack of clear communication from management, realising that some topics should not be divulged in their entirety, but employees left to their own imaginations as to the reasons for organizational changes will always assume the worst.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagers should be tasked with writing reviews for their employees - stop using irrelevant employee self review forms as the basis for annual review.

Unfortunate

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Pros4 weeks vacation starting, worked with some decent people

ConsNo formal training, "Sink or swim" mentality, no mentoring

Advice to Senior Managementtrain your new people

Good

Senior Test Engineer (Current Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsProfessional company, with some team building events in the passed. Cuts now mean there will be no team building, which is bad not only for last years team (who are a little torn apart) but for new recruits.

ConsSome of the staff are not as professional as they need to be (as they are in other departments).

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more open to change

Lack of management, communication and skilled employees

ProsPension scheme is good. If you like surprises work here as the management decisions will constantly surprise you.

ConsThere is no communication from management, decisions are constantly made without consultation and schemes are often introduced with no notice given. Salary is appalling most likely because they employ unqualified and inexperienced people which drives salaries down. Management is disorganised and appears to make decisions based on the toss of a coin. Working environment is very unpleasant, lack of facilities for staff. Lack of respect for staff. Appraisals are a joke with everyone given the same 'grade'.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou might like to consider communicating with your staff.

Great atmosphere

Science (Former Employee) Manchester, England (UK)

ProsThe team was great and everyone was really friendly and supportive. We were busy most of the time but I have never felt rushed or stressed, there was always a minute to have a quick chat with colleagues or have a laugh. The job was quite varied and if you were up for some challenges or trying out smth new, you could have a chance to do so. It was great that we could come and leave any time considering we do our 40 hours a week (but hours could also go over to future weeks).

ConsThe salary wasn't high enough comparing to similar roles in other companies. There were no bonuses to motivate employees, there were no benefits.

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease the salaries, Introduce benefits and bonuses for better motivation

Worked for Intertek? Contribute to the Community!