Intertek Testing Services NA

Updated Jun 10, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Wolfhart Hauser

Organic growth does not exist. Bad upper management

Project Manager (Former Employee) Washington, DC (US)

Pros20 days of PTO. Average Pay. No micromanagement by GM's or Project managers. Good office culture.

ConsToo many "Old Faces" and no new blood. President's direct reports who are SVP's and VP's have been around for 20+ yrs and he complains about not having new people. Why don't you talk to them instead giving your lectures to poor project managers and engineers.

Personal growth does not exist in this company. You only get promoted if you work in Chicago or were working with the president when he was a sales person at Inchcape. Everyone from Inchcape is a VP or SVP.

Advice to Senior ManagementTo grow your business you need to hire sales people, spend money on Marketing and hire qualified engineers. Without a strategy you cannot grow the business and our vision should be long term. Stop measuring success based on monthly revenue and look towards the next 5 years. Whether you are in the oil & gas, minerals, aerospace, chemicals or wireless business the Technology is always changing and we have to change with it.

Stop relying on info provided only by the SVP's and look for more info/guidance from GM's who are working with the clients everyday. SVP's only hold internal meetings and never external meetings. DKL is a good example.

team lead

Prosnever a dull moment because there is always something to do
    fast paced
    benefits
    flexibility (if you are good at what you do which comes after a couple years if you last)
    meet many different people and clients and how to deal with upset clients

Conscompany is going no-where fast
    only way to move up is to wait until people quit ahead of you (which always happens)
    company lacks engineering experience and does nothing to retain those key individuals
    senior and upper management only care about the numbers with little care for employees at the bottom
    its a 30,000 employee company that feels like a start-up
    you are treated like an orange making orange juice and once you have given up all your juice you feel empty and thats when people start to look for more jobs

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of Accountants running operations

They only hire the best, don't micromanage, and make them comfortable.

Global IT Support Engineer (Current Employee) Saint Rose, LA (US)

ProsThe attitude of sincere teamwork, support, and the people who work here are committed and dedicated and work overtime voluntarily for free because they want to contribute to our goals.

ConsAbsolutely none. The way the managers in the East Gulf Coast region run their business is perfect, and employee morale is exceptionally high.

Advice to Senior ManagementTo the East Gulf Coast managers, don't change a thing. You guys are great!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Overall bad experience! The hiring process was horrible, the company culture is bad, and they do not honor a two week.

Account Manager (Former Employee)

ProsThe benefits are good but the pay is mediocre for the area

ConsIt is a very unprofessional environment
    Account Managers fight over accounts in the cubes
    Inadequate training is provided to new team members with little support
    Almost everyone who works at Intertek is unhappy
    Lack of effective commination
    I wish I headed the warnings on glass door as they are all true

Advice to Senior ManagementThe entire company needs a top to bottom change.

good temp gig

Software Tester (Former Employee) Plymouth Meeting, PA (US)

Prosrelaxed atmosphere, down to earth coworkers

Consabsolutely no advancement, work can be done by a middle schooler (no challenge whatsoever), low pay, very unmotivated environment.

Advice to Senior Managementwe see you trying to weed out the people who don't work OT by mass hire and mass fire.

Account Manager

Account Manager (Former Employee)

ProsAbility to work independent; personal development if desired

ConsExcessive hours, poor management, work-life balance is non-existent

Mixed

Engineer (Current Employee) Arlington Heights, IL (US)

Pros20 days paid time off. Benefits are pretty nice. The learning environment is very diverse.

ConsYour work-life balance is terrible

Advice to Senior Managementpersonal growth

Set-up to Fail

Test Technician (Former Employee) San Diego, CA (US)

ProsNo perks, no promotions, no values.

ConsGetting Equipment and lab ISO 17025 certified. It took over a year dragging their feet.

Advice to Senior Managementcreate an environment of success for employees and custmers.

Work Culture

Engineer (Former Employee) Elmendorf, TX (US)

ProsWorked with some of the brightest people.

ConsNo career advancement, morale could be low due to threats of lay offs, end of the month revenue push

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees better and they would jump through the roof for you, threats do not work.

Ok Company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood work environment and work pace.

ConsBad salary and management. No chance of growth.

Worked for Intertek Testing Services NA? Contribute to the Community!