Intralinks Reviews

Updated 24 September 2014
2.8

Intralinks Director, President & CEO Ronald W. Hovsepian
Ronald W. Hovsepian

Pros
  • They offer an excellent work life balance (in 5 reviews)

• The software dev team has a smart & energized group of people (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Senior Management doesn't understand the changing markets (in 5 reviews)

• Highly political environment - infighting, backstabbing, sycophants (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Great company to apply your professional expertise and make an impact.

I have been working at Intralinks full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Everyday is different and exciting. Colleagues are collaborative and encourage participation and involvement. Passionate teams that strive for excellence. Great market opportunities. Excellent compensation, decent work/life balance, competitive benefits.

Cons

Growing pains, transformation. Not for everyone. Going after new markets which requires change, agility.

Celebrate all the success more often!

Forward thinking company that values passion, dedication and professionalism

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Boston, MA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

I have been working at Intralinks full-time for more than a year

Pros

The best reason to work for Intralinks is its PEOPLE! They are the biggest asset of this company - I have never worked with so many intelligent, fun and yet humble people who want to help Intralinks grow. If you have common sense and are driven by challenging work and opportunity to impact change - this is a place for you.

Cons

One of the challenges is to create a unified global culture

Commit to creating a true Intralinks brand and a family of engaged employees and contractors that feel like they are part of the company too.

Respect your hardworking employees

Current Employee - Senior Software Developer  in  Boston, MA (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Boston, MA (US)

I have been working at Intralinks full-time

Pros

- Competitive pay, flexible schedules and benefits
    - friendly co-workers
    - Leadership Team is trying hard

Cons

There were some good software developer and managers who really cared about the company and the product they were building, left the company. There are still some very enthusiastic Software developers working hard most of the time without any recognition. These are the guys produce most of the work without any recognition and career growth.

Managers are not concerned about the actual work or the product, they just want to speak few line (which they learn from hard working developers) in front of the management to pretend that they know everything. Managers are just like task masters, they do not want to fix the really issues or architecture or fix the bigger problem. They Will not look anything if its not coming from upper management no matter how bad the function/feature is for end user.

No matter how much you work hard here recognition/awards are reserved for YES SIR kind of dumb guys. Even if you do nothing...know nothing....you are dumbest in the group still you can get plenty of awards because you say YES SIR to you manager. It wouldn't be fair to expect positive attitude and team work in this culture.

- *Respect your hardworking employees*
    - Improve the culture and positive attitude
    - Respect the work and value to the product not the YES SIR attitude

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Gloom. Doom. Bust?

I have been working at Intralinks full-time

Pros

Intralinks is a good training ground for the next job. Vacation time is generous. Office locations are usually in a prime location in the CBD (better food + better access to people). Our branding looks good and our tech teams are skilled.

Cons

Wants to retain talent but their financial compensation is a laughing stock. Too much micro-management, high-turnover and no clear focus. Colleagues in our global offices are not happy. Aim to stay here for only 1.5 - 2 years max and then change job for something better

Our VDR solution is NOT much better than the newest startup.

Just not good

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Waltham, MA (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA (US)

I worked at Intralinks full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Cool technology
    - Nice new office

Cons

- Everyone there hates their job. I know that is cynical to say but its evident. No one is happy. The bathroom is full of people just complaining.
    - No clearly defined company culture. Some casual, some business, you just never know where you stand.
    - Management makes you fear C-level Executives- its literally "DONT LOOK AT THEM IN THE EYES!" but when you do actually talk to them they are good people and friendly. Dont understand why you have you to walk around with your head down?
    -No market strategy. No social media presence. No community outreach. Nothing.
    - Management acts like they are Google. Wants only the elite hires but does not have the budget to pay for it. Interview process can be almost 2-3 months long. Candidates are gone by then.
    -No clearly defined training or upward mobility (but they are working on that).

Work on branding and defining who you want to be.
    Lower standards for hiring people- be more willing to train the talent coming in than expecting the best on day one.

Beware of this company

I have been working at Intralinks full-time

Pros

work life was pretty nice in this organization.

Cons

paranoid micromanaging
    unethical management
    unethical use of colleagues for workplace bullying
    unethical use of fake anonymous surveys to gauge satisfaction with salary or work culture
    constant monitoring of your happiness to gauge whether you will leave the company or stay
    false accusations and your reputation being damaged by colleagues and managers
    patronizing compliments that lacked sincerity
    Huge turnover all the time.
    Fake smiles all around and lack of sincerity is a definite turnoff.
    inability to use your knowledge in productive way.

Terminate employees if you don't feel they are a fit , don't use workplace bullying .

Started better than it ended!

Former Employee - Director  in  New York, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Director in New York, NY (US)

I worked at Intralinks full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Early on in my IntraLinks career, I knew that this was a start up with a mom and pop lifestyle, but they also had lofty dreams and goals that I admired. Both the New York and Boston locations had at that time a culture that made you feel good about working there. Damico, Pleasner and Tracey were the big NY 3 followed up by a savvy Boston technology executive. Although they had huge mountains to climb and commitments to keep, they made it work and kept moral as high as possible. Never did I feel like just a worker, another cog in the machine. I felt trusted and valued and was hired based on my skillset and my past record of delivering solid outcomes. This team also trusted their teams to deliver what was needed, when it was needed! The little things like discounted vending were small tokens that went a long way.

Cons

New York lacked space, refinement and true corporate appeal. Once the lower Manhattan office combined with Mid-town, the pain of lack of space and dedication of expansion was felt. The disconnect that new leadership based in Boston had with the New York teams was very evident. You felt no love. We were the ugly step children while Boston lead the glamorous life! The leadership was all changed to Ron’s personal A-Team. While I can respect their abilities, they did nothing to win over the confidence of the employees. I felt like there were two companies that operated. The have and the have not’s. My role gave me financial insight as well as global visibility. The leadership had a new agenda… and only a few would fit in their plans.

The hours can be long and the demands great with no compensation or other benefits given.

New York conditions were horrible.

Lack of culture and connection.

Management will always do what benefits themselves. Intralinks had/has some very good people. They need to invest better in them.

So far, so good

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  Boston, MA (US)
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Boston, MA (US)

I have been working at Intralinks full-time for less than a year

Pros

I joined Intralinks recently and the journey has been very good so far. The engineering team has got some amazing talents and we develop some amazing products. Friendly and flexible environment to work. The company values the employees. Compensation and the policies are very good. Developers have the freedom to explore new technologies.

Cons

Management needs to connect with the employees more.

Bring in fresh minds into the Product Management team so that they can contribute new ideas and make the products better.

Excellent start-up for gaining real experience

Current Employee - Senior Performance Engineer  in  Boston, MA (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Performance Engineer in Boston, MA (US)

I have been working at Intralinks full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

This is an excellent place to be especially if you are starting your career. You'll get to learn a lot and opportunities to rise in your career are a plenty. Very multi-cultural.

Cons

work-life balance can be lacking at times (as in all the start-ups)

Keep doing what you are doing

Great opportunity to work for a market leader

I worked at Intralinks full-time

Pros

Great product with service that exceeds capabilities of competitors.

Cons

At times expectations from executive leadership are unrealistic.

Hold on to your talent! I saw too many talented individuals leave the organization.

Worked for Intralinks? Contribute to the Community!