Intuit

Updated Jul 26, 2014

3.7 1,468 reviews

Intuit President & CEO Brad Smith

Brad Smith

Pros
  • Work life balance is excellent and there are a lot of opportunities to move within the company(in 303 reviews)

• Great benefits and opportunities for lateral moves within the company(in 131 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is a strain but not too bad relative to compensation(in 41 reviews)

• Senior management rarely in tune with the feet on the street(in 42 reviews)

1,468 Employee Reviews

Good one

Stuff (Current Employee) Bangalore

ProsYou learn product development and how to market it quickly, u learn as a lean startup company.

ConsLots of org changes. Every year they take hard decision just after winning 'great place to work'. Like move people randomly across BUs, lay off and all that.

Advice to Senior ManagementFrequent Org changes and layoffs may increase stocks value but that keep existing employes on their toe every time. Trust , long term passionate effort decreases.

Senior Application Engineer

Senior Systems Engineer (Current Employee) Bangalore

ProsGreat Perks and very Employee friendly company
    Company work towards the values defined.

ConsNo cons as such apart from frequent org changes

Advice to Senior ManagementYou are doing a great job!

Awesome company to work for

ProsGreat work environment, transparent leadership, very good compensation

ConsSlow decision making process, bad hiring at times can be disruptive.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop spending so much time on great place to work initiatives and spend more on products and services

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A great place to work

Lead QA Engineer (Current Employee) Bangalore

ProsEmployee friendly company with great benefits to offer.

ConsNot a technology company

Great Work culture

Lead Engineer (Current Employee) Bangalore

Proswork from home option.
    great company values

ConsChange management is weak
    can have better training facility

Intuit is a 30 year old Strartup

Product Development (Current Employee) Bangalore

ProsUnstructured time lets employees do what they want to work on, any product, any technology
    Employee Friendly Company,
    Huge Benefits in terms of Free food , free transport, Chilled environment and no work pressure.
    Pay and benefits is fantastic
    Its treats you as a family member

ConsNothing I can think of

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the good work going

IDC development centre a political nightmare

Senior Product Manager (Current Employee) Bangalore

Proseasy work life because there is no real work.. its all obsolete desktop work

ConsPeople get fired for no reason, no appraisal feedback of any kind is given and people just get told that you are outstanding but now you are fired. Key leaders have left the organization now and only those of a specific community aligned to the local VP are here.. overall not a good place anymore

Advice to Senior Managementfire the leadership team at IDC and get a new one in... Believe in your own culture that you talk of and walk that talk first..

Non-techie community of engineers

Senior Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsYou may join this company if you are need of money for a while but don't stay here for more than 2 years if you are serious of your career. The money making ability diminishes by this time as the company would have already extracted from you what they needed from you. Satying here more is futile and will ruin your financial lives and career.

ConsThere is nothing to learn here and you will be bored of monotonous work. Intuit preaches of innovation but primarily gives importance to availability than for technical competency. It's true that you can't expect more from non-techie managers either. Layoffs and reorgs are quite frequent here and they try to hide the fact and only try to get into best companies to work initiatives. Although they say they gives more importance to employees than customers, they have a crooked mindset of getting things done and then layoff the employee or force him to quit by denying salary hikes.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease bring good projects to work on in IDC. Only the junk works from the US are dumped here with no scope to learn or innovate. LEarn your employees well and what they do rather than concentrating on your stock counts and monitoring them daily as if you have nothing else to do in the company.

Great place to work.Excellent work environment

Software Engineer (Former Employee) Bangalore

ProsCompensation is very rewarding.Promotions are satisfying and there is a great scope for career growth in this company.From food to recreation to everything company takes care of.All you have to worry about is work,rest is on company.No night shifts.

ConsVery competitive environment.Training hours are quite long sometimes

Advice to Senior ManagementMore guidance by management would be beneficial

Intuit India IDC Bangalore

Senior Software Development Manager (Current Employee) Bangalore

ProsSalary is good and company provides transport

ConsThe IDC centre is called the "Desktop Centre" for Intuit and does all the obsolete useless work which the US teams want to dump on India. It gets glamorized as cutting edge but its all desktop - Turbotax, Quickbooks etc.all have their desktop work being done here. If you work here, you should assume that your career is linked to the future of the desktop business which is bleak.

Also, this place is having a lot of layoffs once projects are stopped. E.g if a particular desktop project ends, the team is laid off in bits.

Watch out for your careers and make a conscious choice if you want to chase short term compensation and no career later on...

Advice to Senior ManagementStop glorifying the role of the IDC centre... accept it as one which is a desktop unit for the company. Innovation within the desktop space is dying....

Worked for Intuit? Contribute to the Community!