Iron Mountain Inc

www.ironmountain.com

Iron Mountain Inc Reviews

Updated Jul 23, 2014

William Meaney

Pros
  • Good front line employees and work life balance is ok(in 15 reviews)

• Good benefits, great people to work with, always something new happening(in 23 reviews)

Cons
  • Like most places upper management has no clue what people actually goes through on a daily basis(in 13 reviews)

• Concern for the customer as the Customer Service is poorly trained and HIGH turnover with CS(in 12 reviews)

Really a good place to work

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) Bangalore

ProsFlexi Timings
    Good Work Culture
    Equal Opportunities
    Employee Oriented
    Good Ambience

ConsNo specific process flow
    Need to improvie intranet tools for the employees

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) Bangalore

ProsVery basic skills needed so you can easily survive. Good place to work for work life balance. Nice job guarantee

ConsGrowth opportunities are very less. Management is not at the level you see in other top companies.

Not found as promised by HR and Management

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) Bangalore

ProsGood location
    New infrastructure
    No work pressure but some time frustrating

ConsMicro Management
    9 Hrs is must
    Onsite people assign any kind of task which could be handle by bpo to technical experts
    Not much learning and career growth
    No work from home
    fully dependent on onsite people for any kind of decision
    Not yet decided which CMMI level company is granted so be aware if u r brand oriented
    not much cultural activities
    False HR commitment to getting you on board

Advice to Senior ManagementStop micro management and tracking people on their seat and through messengers
    Bring the attitude of big IT giant
    Start providing work from home and flexibility to employee
    Provide quality work to employee
    Stop being dependent on people at onsite

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Professional environment is absolutely outstanding and supportive.

Sales Operations Analyst (Current Employee) Bangalore

ProsAggressive Management in terms of taking new opportunity and challenge,
    Iron Mountain employs almost 20,000 professionals,
    Member of the Fortune 1000 (currently ranked: 643),
    Assisting more than 140,000 organizations in 39 countries on five continents.

ConsIron Mountain not thinking anything rather than Record Management.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think we need to explore more into Indian market because I believe if your competitor dies in completion. Everything is fare in war and business.

Good

Principal QA Engineer (Current Employee) Bangalore

ProsGood place to work and very impressive workforce

ConsStupid policies from supporting functions from HR, IT ,Finance.

Advice to Senior ManagementStrategy and Vision need to be strong

Decent work, good pay

Engineer (Current Employee) Bangalore

ProsIt seems to me to be a decent place to work if you want to keep work-life balance. Salary is above average and the work content can be fairly good.

ConsThis is not the place for high flier, ambitious people. The management control can become frustrating at times. It is even boring at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhere is the innovation part?

Operation Supervisor

Operations Supervisor (Current Employee)

ProsPay, work life balance, resources

ConsJob Stability, a lot of "old timers" with horrible business minds, knowledgeable supervisors and managers with little leadership skills.

Bright, caring staff poised to successfully land high growth opportunities now that it's a REIT

Solutions Architect (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA (US)

ProsBright and surprisingly creative and flexible staff makes work engaging and fun. Long-timers know where the bodies are buried and are able to steer newbies clear of potential problems. Much of the training is self-help videos and online exercises, generally very good. Excellent market data, leads and research ensure the best and brightest have the best info to make good decisions and to be most productive. Solid benefits and pay. Vision and Mission are easy to get behind and support.

ConsA challenging environment to gain proficiency; some processes seem over engineered and people in the know go around these hurdles, causing fires elsewhere. Good communication and transparency, though, but cycles are burned unnecessarily. CYA emails and figuring out what's going on by the 48th forward is tedious, but it's in the culture.

Advice to Senior ManagementWe need a process to autopsy things that go wrong and another to challenge industry data and stats based on our own experiences. Teams in the field have a lot of industry and competitive insight that could better be shared - perhaps on Salesforce "Chatter" Also, we should have "No Meeting Fridays" to catch up, distill and share what we've learned.

It's a paycheck

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Hollywood, CA (US)

ProsFairly easy going, not a lot of pressure - with the exception of one micro-manager. But everyplace has the one disgruntled employee that ruins it for everyone.

ConsOnly upper management is staff. Everyone else is "permanent" freelance. And the company does little things to remind you of your non-employee status all the time.

Typical Work Place

Cdl Courier (Current Employee)

ProsThe pay is alright and the supervisors and coordinators are easy to get along with. The benefits are also fairly good. Incentive compensation is offered quarterly so that is always a nice bonus. Promotes from within.

ConsEverything continuously changes and it's since it's corporation everything comes down to the bottom line for all the share holders. The company policies themselves make the job suck at times. Like most places upper management has no clue what people actually goes through on a daily basis.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet your hands dirty to have a better understanding of what goes on, especially when you feel the need to constantly change metrics.

Worked for Iron Mountain Inc? Contribute to the Community!