Itron

www.itron.com

Itron Reviews

Updated Jul 20, 2014

Philip Mezey

Pros
  • Good work / life balance and the ability to work in different fields(in 5 reviews)

• Itron benefited greatly from the government stimulating the utility companies to investing the Smart-Grid technologies(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • India (Energy) business being deliberately killed(in 4 reviews)

It was a good career experience

Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) Burnaby, BC (Canada)

ProsManagers were approachable and are good career mentors. I have a flexible work hours.

ConsIm a Canada based employee for a US Based company. There's no much room for growth for me.

senior test/quality engineer

Proslarges tech company in town

ConsOnly one in town so not too many option

Good work / life balance

Analyst (Current Employee) Oakland, CA (US)

ProsGood work / life balance and the ability to work in different fields. Management is generally very friendly. Salaries are fair.

ConsThe work can become monotonous, so it's up to the employee to develop a career path and keep things interesting. Mentorship from senior staff is lacking.

Advice to Senior ManagementIncentive structure for promotions could be better articulated. Management should focus more on promoting employee growth from within.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Temporary position review

Administration and Sales (Former Employee) Regina, SK (Canada)

ProsThere is a lot of learning and career opportunity within the company. The people are friendly and excellent at their jobs.

ConsIn some cases, timely efficient training with new implementations would have been helpful; Sometimes adequate communication was lacking.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen speaking to employees about their performance, include them in the growth process and improvements that can be made. An efficiency document for some job positions might be helpful with this matter.

Great Experience

Senior Business Consultant (Former Employee) San Diego, CA (US)

ProsOverall great company to work for. Annual reviews and competency criteria is standardized and the expectations of what you need to demonstrate to get to the next level is clear.

ConsFuture vision of company not clearly communicated.

It's OK

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Spokane, WA (US)

ProsDecent paycheck, interesting industry, and the people are mostly nice.

ConsPolitics are extreme, you must be part of the in-crowd to get promoted. Not much of a career path unless you are willing to travel up to 75% of the time. Training is rare. It feels like the company is poised for either a takeover or big layoffs.

Advice to Senior ManagementTell us what's going on, even when the news isn't great. The gossip throughout Itron is constant and demoralizing.

Big corporation, little care of its people

Software Developer (Current Employee)

ProsThe benefits are not bad. Depending on the position you may have a good compensation.

ConsManagement has no vision. All they know is how to reduce every available benefit from year to year.

Good people, but a little provincial for a tech company. Need to improve strategic decision making

Senior Marketing Manager (Former Employee) Spokane, WA (US)

ProsUpbeat, positive culture. Expect a lot of people but try to take care of them.

ConsToo provincial for company trying to be global.
    Need to improve strategic decision making processes, at executive and junior executive levels.

Big dreams, poor reality

ProsItron is a multinational company, with a lot of knowledge and experience. It has a very long history in the metering business and in supplying the connected business solutions.

ConsThe current strategy is unclear, head count reduction can not be a long term strategy.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake a clear strategy and make everybody to follow it.

Solid

Manager (Current Employee) Paris (France)

ProsPeople, Experience, Global, Manufacturing, Solid

ConsConservative, Slow to respond to the market

Worked for Itron? Contribute to the Community!