Ixia

Be The First To
Add Photos

Ixia President & CEO Victor Alston

Victor Alston

Pros
  • You will get to work on latest cutting edge technologies(in 10 reviews)

• Great talent and cut edge technology(in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Problem with work life balance and salary compare to that is low(in 16 reviews)

• could be long hours without recognition(in 6 reviews)

Ok experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood brand. Lots of customers

ConsNot any that I can think of.

India Management Team has no decision power.

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Bangalore

ProsGood technical work. Small teams so lot of cohesiveness.

ConsIndia senior management is dummy. Just manages the site operations.

Work in Ixia Kolkata if you have to stay in Kolkata

Senior Software Engineer II (Current Employee) Calcutta

Pros1. Competitive Salary
    2. Kolkata is good since it survived the lay off 2013 Oct, Bangalore fully closed
    3. There are still some benefits given to employees outside CTC (trasnport, food coupons, medical/life insurance etc) which is rare in Kolkata.
    4. You tend too have the feeling that you are market leader and woking with the latest technologies

ConsWell there are many
    1. Back stabbing in rampant. Here nobody wants/likes to see you succeed
    2. Too much oiling is needed for any success. Those who can do that get out of turns promotions every year, I cant name anyone but there are many who have sticked just because they are fond of the management
    3. HR and india's top management is worst possible. You will feel that HR doesn't exist.
    4. Excessive wasted of money by Ixia's top management in India. They will travel to and fro from Bangalore and stay in 7 star hotels always - but when it comes to general employees they will say that budget is tight
    5. Needless to say, if you are working for Ixia and you dont oil the top management - then you will need a lot of luck to retain your job. Lay offs are always coming every 2-3 years and when that happens you dont know when you time is up.
    6. Technically challenged Managers are rampant. While some managers are really good, most are like .. i dont know what. They should do some training under some random software engineer 1s!!

Advise to the employees: Start oiling if you can and pretend to work if you want to survive. But sadly i cant do the first one and dont need the 2nd one :)

Advice to Senior ManagementListen, listen and listen to employees. They are the one who are the bread earners.
    Stop giving vague speeches. Nobody needs them

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good place to work if you have self motivation and eagerness to learn

ProsGood compensation, very competitive with other companies working in the field
    Latest Technologies in Networking Area, one will always get scope to work on latest technologies that are coming in networking area

ConsSome time work pressure is very high, it might also sustain for couple of months.
    Some time for project necessity, some monotonous work might continue. But I think this is common to any company.

Good place to start a career.

Software Engineer I (Current Employee) Calcutta

Pros1. No existent politics, performance oriented
    2. Recognition of talent,
    3. Friendly and supportive management,
    4. Casual and friendly work environment,
    5. Good exposure to cutting edge technology,
    6. Smart and talented seniors, good guidance,
    7. Perks

Cons1. Efficiency measured on performance.Hence overtime is a common phenomenon. This does not amount to unsatisfactory job. Those who are technically proficient will love the job. Those who are not, will have a hard time.

It is about comparing salaries

ProsBetter than service based companies outside.

ConsMuch heavy work. and management never change their thinking. very close minded.

Worst Company to work for in India - worst than services company.

Principal Software Engineer (Current Employee) Calcutta

ProsNone - I dont have anything good to write about.They have a good marketing team for which products are selling and not because of quality

Consmanagement and work culture is pathetic.HR are puppets.Back stabbing and office politics
    is rampant.Oiling to senior management is the key to success. Ixia Kolkata - back stabbing between colleagues is rampant. The higher management is moron.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe management is sick.While hiring hr will promise that you will get full variable pay.People mentality are like that of "frogs in a well" and have not seen the outside world.Most of them wouldnot get jobs if moved out of kolkata.Quality of deliverables is horrible. I dont know how the equipment is getting sold in the market.Focus is on Quality and not on Quantity.Higher management treats employee as daily labourers.Technically quite unsound.The show is running just because of few old time development folks otherwise this unit would have got closed.

Work Environment

ProsThe working environment is friendly and flexible.

ConsNo cons in ixia techologies

Advice to Senior ManagementNo advice

Pretty good so far, its a small company so there are plenty of opportunities for growth

Systems Engineer (Current Employee) Bangalore

ProsGood opportunities for growth, a lot of technology to work with

ConsThe processes are not well structured and there are no proper channels for interaction between sales support and engineering. A little haphazard I would say. The HR has a long way to go and needs a lot of improvements needed.

Advice to Senior ManagementFacilities to the employees should be improved be it office space, recreation, cafeteria among others.

Good Company

Software Engineer II (Current Employee) Calcutta

ProsIt pays good compared to others in kolkata.
    few Travel opportunities are there. work quality is very high level .

ConsPoor HR, product management planning.
    Hectic work pressure .

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat employees as human being .

Worked for Ixia? Contribute to the Community!