J.B. Hunt

www.jbhunt.com

J.B. Hunt Reviews

Updated Jul 20, 2014
J.B. Hunt – US – “Corporate Office”

J.B. Hunt President, CEO, and Director John N. Roberts III

John N. Roberts III

Pros
  • Great Management Experience, Pay is Decent, Good Benefits(in 8 reviews)

• Learning experience and good work/life balance(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Needs to seriously consider the employees' work/life balance(in 15 reviews)

• Expected to Work Long hours and always on call(in 23 reviews)

i think it is a great place to be

Prosim treated as a person, not a number

Consi really don't have any complaints

Advice to Senior Managementmy manager is the kind of boss i have been wanting to work for my whole driving career

Operation Supervisor

Operations Supervisor (Current Employee)

Pros- Good learning opportunity
    - Good starting salaries
    - Ability to travel

Cons- Work life balance (depending on account)
    - Adaptability to different ideas

Great Company

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Lowell, AR (US)

ProsThe company leadership has shown a consistent ability to set and meet short and long term goals, which has fueled consistent sustainable growth of the company. Because of their sound long-term financial management, JB Hunt is uniquely positioned to take advantage all industry conditions, including downturns.

The executive team is genuinely interested in the employees as individuals.

ConsThe company has grown to the point where it is experiencing siloing. This presents a challenge when trying to respond rapidly to changing conditions.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

If you are a hard worker and mobile you can make middle management quickly

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Lowell, AR (US)

ProsExecutives and most upper management are genuinely nice people who truly mean what they say. Stable company with lots of different types of jobs. As long as you do a good job they will find a place for you even if your position is eliminated. They get rid of tyrant managers or ease them into non management positions.

ConsLong hours (salaried employees are scheduled for 45 hours per week and sometimes that isn't enough to get the job done right), they need to hire an extra person here and there to ease the load. If you aren't mobile you are limited in how fast and high you can promote. If you happen to get stuck with a terrible manager it may take a while for the problem to be addressed.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you want employees to see the big picture you need to pay them based on big picture results. Don't make employees bear the brunt of poor management decisions or sales promises. Hire a few extra people here and there so people that care about their jobs don't have to work 50-60 hours per week. Be quicker about getting rid of bad managers.

No consideration for your personal life

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood drivers to work with

ConsManagement didn't care about your home life & if you had plans with your family. It was take your 10 hr break & get back in the truck. Collage management with no trucking experience except what JB Hunt taught then.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter training for your DCS management including a least 1-2 weeks in the trucks with the drivers learning the account, routes, stops,
    & assisting the drivers with unloading & loading.

Excellent & I was very successful & happy.

ProsThe people & their commitment to be the best transportation company

ConsMaybe the income offered to employees

Advice to Senior Management99% of management were the right choice for the job. Very well ran company

Great place to work for.

Operations (Current Employee) Lowell, AR (US)

ProsGreat place to work and relax environment. Everybody seems to be friendly; however may run into some people who think they are better.

ConsHave to deal with so many non technical employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire technical employees

Excellent place to work for

ProsChallenging fast paced environment. Enjoyable.

ConsSalary needs to be a little more competitive

Account Manager

ProsHas a good vision of the future and its goals.

ConsThe work/life balance can take a tole on an individual, but this various on location, not for all locations.

DCS Driver

DCS Driver (Former Employee)

ProsNice Equipment, nice people in management.

ConsThey will promise you big money like over 1000.00 per week but reality is more like 500.00 to 600.00 gross. Once again, trucking company lies about what you will be making. This has caused me to drop out of the trucking industry. Once my CDL is up for renewal, I will drop the CDL for a normal drivers license. You cannot trust any trucking company.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay what you promise. If you say 50,000.00 per year, pay it. Truck drivers need paid by the hour, not the mile or stop. That pressure causes unsafe pushing on self to make more money.

Worked for J.B. Hunt? Contribute to the Community!