Jack Henry & Associates

Updated 28 February 2015
3.6

Jack Henry & Associates CEO and Director Jack Prim
Jack Prim

Pros
  • Benefits are very good and you truly do have amazing work life balance (in 15 reviews)

• flexible work (partial work from home), interesting tasks, fun coworkers (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Data Center Upper Management bows down to application development/management (in 7 reviews)

• Yearly cost of living raises are barely that (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Great company adjusting to explosive growth

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Jack Henry & Associates

Pros

The leadership does have a commitment to their clients.

Cons

the bank software business is stressful

Great culture and career opportunities! You won't find a better company to work for in the Ozarks for sure!

Current Employee - Manager in Springfield, MO (US)
    Current Employee - Manager in Springfield, MO (US)

I have been working at Jack Henry & Associates full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The JHA culture is second to none
    Most people here really care and want to help you and the customers
    Lots of new opportunities for advancement when starting out
    Most of the management truly cares about the employees and encourage work life balance
    Generous benefits and competitive salaries

Cons

As we have grown it has been difficult to integrate some new acquisitions into our culture
    We are in a highly regulated industry so it can feel like a lot of red tape at times

Stick to the Core Values that have made the employees happy and the company successful!

Fraud Analyst, worked on credit cards that potentially had fraud occurring on them.

Former Employee - Fraud Analyst in Houston, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Fraud Analyst in Houston, TX (US)

I worked at Jack Henry & Associates full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The have great, fully paid health benefits. Always enjoyed my co workers. They were a secure company, no concerns of losing your job.

Cons

The hours were rough, the Fraud Dept works shift work hours. Managers were not friendly with those who have kids, it was frowned upon when I had to go on bed rest.

Be more open to your employees needs. Recognize when you have a valuable employee that should maybe be promoted to a more leadership position.

Jack Henry & Associates--If you can handle the stress, it can be a good job.

Former Employee - Technical Support Specialist in Monett, MO (US)
    Former Employee - Technical Support Specialist in Monett, MO (US)

I worked at Jack Henry & Associates full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Able to work from home, decent pay, okay work/fife balance if your manager likes you.

Cons

Stressful, Co. seems to think they own you 24 hours, Constant On-Call w/o appropriate pay.

Take a realistic view of the company, no career comes before family and serious personal issues, need to understand that by the time the average employee works their full shift plus on call they are barely making min.wage--provide training--employees would work hard for the company but it is a very much all on your own kind--sink or swim--to provide top notch customer support, employees need resources, support and tools to do the job right--people are not mind readers. A lot of work needs to be done with employee relations.

A company that cares about family.

Current Employee - Technical Support in Springfield, MO (US)
    Current Employee - Technical Support in Springfield, MO (US)

I have been working at Jack Henry & Associates

Pros

The work life balance is great in my department. I had a premature child and they allowed me to work from home to care for him. They also have never laid anyone off due to economic reasons in their history. The company has decent benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401k, stocks at a reduced rate, and an above average amount of paid time off including holidays. The upper management including the CEO actually listen to their employees opinions and advise. While it doesn't always result in the change you desire they will always take the time to explain to you their reasoning, usually personally.

Cons

I have been with the company for 8 years and the wages do not increase enough with even good reviews to keep up with the increased rates for insurance. When I started it was no cost for the basic insurance now it has risen so high that I was forced to drop the company insurance. While my department has a fair work/life balance I know of many others that do not. These employees work well beyond standard full-time hours on a regular basis. As many office type jobs there is too much politics involved in raises and promotions. If a boss decides they don't like you you will quickly know it based on those two factors.

Do not pressure managers to complete reviews based upon a scale. I have been forced to lower or raise scores of my employees so my manager can meet the averages (10% in the top etc.).

Stable Company - Good place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC (US)

I have been working at Jack Henry & Associates full-time

Pros

Stable company financially. Good benefits. Competitive pay

Cons

Emphasis on bottom line as with any company. No respect for standard 40 hour work week.Pay is average for industry.

Look for new ways to attract top talent, regardless of salary.jack Henry should be a destination for employees and sometimes feel we get 2nd tier because of the pay given to employees at larger financial companies in town.

Excellent place to work

Current Employee - Release Management in Elizabethtown, KY (US)
    Current Employee - Release Management in Elizabethtown, KY (US)

I have been working at Jack Henry & Associates

Pros

Good environment, good pay and benefits. Great place to help make a change

Cons

Management can be slow. Other than that i don't really have any cons

OK Place

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Lenexa, KS (US)
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in Lenexa, KS (US)

I worked at Jack Henry & Associates full-time (more than a year)

Pros

laid back; casual environment; good work/life balance; work from home

Cons

Management below General Manager level is a joke!!

Wake up

Energy draining experience yet somewhat rewarding.

Current Employee - Item Processor in Oklahoma City, OK (US)
    Current Employee - Item Processor in Oklahoma City, OK (US)

I have been working at Jack Henry & Associates

Pros

The best thing about working there is that they are family-oriented. I had been having issues with my son's sleep patterns which caused me to be late often but management was willing to work with me!

Cons

Management needs to improve their communication skills. Also, the tools that are needed to be able to perform your work tasks are not available!

Upon hiring your staff members, you should always make sure they have the told they need to perform their jobs effectively.

Jack Henry & Associates Photos