Jamba Juice Reviews

Updated 13 October 2014
3.1

Jamba Juice Chairman, President, and CEO James D. White
James D. White

Pros
  • Free smoothies were probably the best part (in 29 reviews)

• Fun environment, Non-professional requirements (in 19 reviews)

Cons
  • Leadership team is strong overall, but some executive team members not quite as strong as others (in 28 reviews)

• low pay, manager said possibly misleading things about career opportunities during interview (in 21 reviews)

More Highlights

Team Member

Current Employee - Team Member in Long Beach, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Team Member in Long Beach, CA (US)

I have been working at Jamba Juice part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good hours, good to work if you're going to school, tips are good, and very good experience if your're wanting any large corporation experience.

Cons

Fun environment, employers care about you, training is professional, and flexible schedule.

making juice is awesome

I have been working at Jamba Juice

Pros

making juice is the best, its not a real thinking job but i love serving peple healthy drinks that they can enjoy

Cons

sometimes the job gets to automated and i feel like a robot, thats when i try to think positive and look forward to serving great customers

Fast-paced, average pay

I have been working at Jamba Juice

Pros

- Team members and team bonding
    - Free Jamba...on occasion

Cons

- Standing forever and usually hours on end
    - Low pay, minimal room for growth in companyy

a good company to start your work experience with. Great people and great environment

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Belmont, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Belmont, CA (US)

I worked at Jamba Juice full-time (less than an year)

Pros

great people. great management. great perks. room for advancement at individual locations but not much room to move up in the company as a whole

Cons

poor hours. lack of pay for location of living and location in general. not much compensation at all, just free/discounted drinks. not much room for personal growth or advancement in the company as a whole

Old Jamba > New Jamba

Former Employee - Shift Manager
    Former Employee - Shift Manager

I worked at Jamba Juice full-time (more than an year)

Pros

hours are pretty flexible, fun usually fast paced, tips, you're offered benefits after three months of working there, promotions are easier to get then before

Cons

pay is minimum wage, the new jamba is getting more complicated with more work thats not worth the pay, when i left on 2014 everyone was quitting because of the changes.

if youre a hard worker you most likely get promoted to team lead, which is like a key holder, raise goes anywhere from .50 cents to one dollar, really not worth it for the amount of work you have to do.

Good for a 1st job

Current Employee - Team Member in Champaign, IL (US)
    Current Employee - Team Member in Champaign, IL (US)

I have been working at Jamba Juice part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Very easy job, with flexible hours especially if you're a high school or college student. Friendly managers in which creates a friendly environment.

Cons

Very repetitive, same thing different day. Low pay for the amount work that you do. Little space for promotions. This job is honestly more cleaning than smoothie making.

Don't just sit back and have employees do all the work. Set the standard so that employees will follow suit.

New and thrilling at first but was disturbed to find no real "health" was being sold.

Former Employee - Team Member in Merced, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Team Member in Merced, CA (US)

I worked at Jamba Juice part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Meet a lot of new people. Upbeat atmosphere some of the time. Training was one month long. It was a pretty short but sweet introduction, it is best to learn by doing.

Cons

Poor wages. Disingenuous company values. The corporation is choosing their profits over treating their employees well.

The customers that are interested in what is good and healthy will eventually flock to other reputable sources. Possibly even to Amazon

Lots of work. Little pay.

Current Employee - Team Member in Las Vegas, NV (US)
    Current Employee - Team Member in Las Vegas, NV (US)

I have been working at Jamba Juice full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Co-workers, hours, ability to switch shifts and request time off, fun work environment.

Cons

Low pay, little training, lots of work, understaffed, always changing schedule, management.

Have better training, have better interview process, better benefits, hire more staff.

Team Member

Former Employee - Team Member in Rosemead, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Team Member in Rosemead, CA (US)

I worked at Jamba Juice part-time (less than an year)

Pros

The best reasons to work here is that you are working amongst people your age (assuming your in high school or college). The team spirit and moral is often very high

Cons

Your clothes can get really dirty and wet. The smell of fruit can somethings be overwhelming if the stock bins are not clean

Having a more regular schedule for employees. They seem to only hire part time employees.

Thoroughly enjoyed my experience

Former Employee - Shift Manager in Santa Cruz, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Shift Manager in Santa Cruz, CA (US)

I worked at Jamba Juice part-time (more than an year)

Pros

I worked at a Jamba Juice while I was in college - it was a great experience. I'm guessing it varies team to team, but I had a great rapport with my co-workers. They were very sensitive to make scheduling work with school. I was promoted quickly to shift manager and enjoyed my peers, supervisors, and subordinates. I got a $.25 raise from minimum wage within 3-4 months, and a promotion with an additional $1.25 raise within 6. Had I stayed longer, another $.25 raise, as well as promotion to assistant manager probably would have been on the table.

Cons

We were a franchise and our owners were a little over-bearing. That wouldn't be the case at every location and honestly it wasn't anything terrible or frequent.

Jamba Juice Photos

Parking lot view of the Jamba Juice headquarter office located in Emeryville, CA (Photo by Coolcaesar - available under CC-BY-NC-SA 3.0 & GFDL, v1.62)
Jamba Juice