Jenny Craig
www.jennycraig.com Carlsbad, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Jenny Craig Reviews

Updated Apr 14, 2014

Monty Sharma

Pros:
  • "Helping people change their lifestyles to achieve and maintain their weight loss goals"
    in 25 reviews
  • "Great/Healthy way to lose weight when the program is followed"
    in 19 reviews
Cons:
  • "Upper management does not care about your home life, not family friendly"
    in 20 reviews
  • "Manipulative Market Directors, long hours without lunches and low pay"
    in 12 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Center Director

Center Director (Current Employee)
Baltimore, MD (US)

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time for more than 3 years

ProsHelping people reach their wight loss goals.
Working with like minded people.
Coaching your team.

Consworking retail hours and a lot especially if you are a center manager "Center Director"

Advice to Senior ManagementI believe that working on commission is the wrong approach for a team work environment, especially since the base pay is minimum wage. You can update that along with everything else.

Helping people attain their weight loss goals

I have been working at Jenny Craig

ProsBe a part of clients success. Being part of their transformation into being healthier more confident individuals

Conspay is not always consistent month to month

Program Director

Program Director (Former Employee)

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time for more than a year

ProsGood hours and freedom, low stress, helps to keep you fit
Would recommend job to someone who is retired and just wants some extra money or a parent who is looking for a job for extra money but not main bread winner of home.

ConsLow pay, no rules for old clients to keep getting free/low cost programs over and over which is where your commission comes from

Advice to Senior ManagementMake rules for clients for long term programs to make clients more accountable for their weight loss and give program directors a chance to hit budgets and maintain clients

If you are smart you will move on to the next job, trust me it will be better

Centre Director (Current Employee)
San Diego, CA (US)

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGet to help clients lose weight and achieve their goals!!!

ConsBad management upper and lower, Market Directors are bullies, some Centre Directors act like they are in high school talking behind your back and can be fake, lots of broken promises, poor pay, and the CEO will promote her friends over qualified employees. This company needs a new computer system, they need to get with the times I mean no internet in the centres to email clients and vise versa? Hello? You do with the at home program and since this company is all about making money I would think they would want this. I have seen so many great employees leave because of poor management and favoritism...I guess that is why this company has gone down so much since Nestle took over. Nestle wake up!!! Maybe you should listen to the people on the front lines or those who left instead of kiss butt upper management.

So unless you like Butt Kissing pretty much everyone and enjoy being lied to by upper management, (oh and they will move you around with promises of promotions which is complete BS) then hey apply

Advice to Senior ManagementChange things....you have old school kiss butt management who tell you what you want to hear and where has that gotten you? Closing Centres and losing business......listen to the employees on the front lines not the CEO's best buddies. Wake up Nestle because you are going to see a company keep going down. Come on Dana do something great stop with the same BS that your upper management and field management keeps giving you and your employees.

life changing job

Jenny Craig Consultant (Current Employee)
San Antonio, TX (US)

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time for less than a year

Pros- great team
-flexible hours
- meet amazing people

Cons- working on holidays
- not much

Advice to Senior Managementgive employees more holidays.

csc

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time for more than a year

Prosnone, not really any benifits

ConsTerrible company to work for. Company just cares about money, and that is it.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a good look at the reviews from clients and employees. Your company is awful. No appreciation for the ones that work for you, bringing, in the big bucks.

prior, consultant, pc and Centre Director

Centre Director (Former Employee)

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time for more than 5 years

ProsInitally caring about client successes and being a part of that. Finally leaving !

Conslong hours, micromanagement, compensation, no gratitude for loyal employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementChange management. Get rid of all at the top. You have gotten rid of the wrong people.
Stop treating employees so poorly!

Bad place to work and negative

Weight Loss Consultant (Former Employee)
Los Angeles, CA (US)

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGood clients,good commission and good benefits

ConsHorrible bosses,split shifts,late evenings and no personal life

Advice to Senior ManagementChange managers

Never work in this job

Weight Loss Consultant (Former Employee)
Sydney (Australia)

I worked at Jenny Craig part-time for more than a year

ProsFeels great to help clients

ConsBad management, poor hours, fallen promises, no career progression

Advice to Senior ManagementChange the way how you deal with employees. Management in each centre need to learn how to appreciate their staff in order to increase productivity instead of subtlety bullying them into work. Also make set hours and stop changing them in accordance to how the business is running. Learn how to appreciate what good your employees are doing and stop focusing on the bad only. If you are so strict on them all the time than how about train them in the first place and not throw them in the deep water or make sure that people actually have certain qualifications before you hire them. Stop changing your business all the time in a negative way you are pissing off clients and breaking relationships and also have high staff turnover because noone wants to put up with insecure crap. Set your hours straight, stop changing policies so much, appreciate your employees and create actual career opportunities. Employees can't have a career with a job that changes so much within themselves and with their employees. I believe some Jenny Craig centres are run very well around the world but with the bad eggs out there it is creating a bad impression for the rest. So far more than 50% of comments about Jenny Craig all over the net are negative.

Terrible management.

Counselor (Former Employee)
New York, NY (US)

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time for more than 3 years

ProsIf you enjoy having a positive impact on people's lives, you can here.

ConsThat said... you'd better also like being a grocery store bagger, as 1/2 your time will be spent picking and packing and ringing up food orders. (Remember, your compensation is based on commission of food sales not on client success and referral.
This company has SUPER high turnover. But not at the management level; most of those women have been there for a decade plus. Needless to say, they are the ones who need to be turned over.

Advice to Senior ManagementEver heard of 360 degree performance reviews?

Worked for Jenny Craig? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Jenny Craig reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Jenny Craig CEO Monty Sharma. All 196 reviews are posted anonymously by Jenny Craig employees.