Jenny Craig Reviews

Updated 30 October 2014
Updated 30 October 2014
2.2

Monty Sharma

Pros
  • Helping people to reach their goals is a wonderful experience (in 44 reviews)

• All employees receive a good opportunity to lose weight on the Jenny Craig program (in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • Training is poorly thought out and the upper management doesn't really seem to care (in 27 reviews)

• Very low pay for the job we did (in 12 reviews)

More Highlights

Opportunity for Advancement

Former Employee - Client Service Coordinator in Las Vegas, NV (US)
    Former Employee - Client Service Coordinator in Las Vegas, NV (US)

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There were plenty of opportunities for advancement. I began at the bottom as a service coordinator which essentially just stocked the dried goods, put in inventory and made calls to clients to remind them of their appointments and what not. They offered me an opportunity to do training to become a consultant within just a few months working but I was in school. Flexible hours, pay was competitive enough.

Cons

Budgets can be tight around holidays and downturns in the economy - first thing to go in peoples budget is their weight loss plan.

Keep rewarding the hard workers.

Graphic Designer

Current Employee - Designer in Carlsbad, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Designer in Carlsbad, CA (US)

I have been working at Jenny Craig as a contractor

Pros

flexible work schedule, company store sells discounted Jenny food, diversity

Cons

the tools and technology are not as up to date as they could be. Need to use your own computer

update systems

High expectations, weight loss baby sitter , more about the money than the client

I have been working at Jenny Craig

Pros

Helping those who take it lose weight and keep it off forever , fast paced environment and good pay

Cons

Everything is about numbers not the client you are pressured by other co workers , other centers, management and higher management if you can't control people. Being accountable to your clients meaning harass them if they do not come in and call them for 5 weeks leaving detailed mesgs every day . I feel like if you improve in one area , management finds another area to crap on you and you never get told good job for fixing the previous problem .

Tell someone someday that they are actually doing a good job not constantly criticize them about what they are doing wrong .

Great job because you get to really help change clients lives

Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Central Valley, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Central Valley, CA (US)

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Love helping clients feel better and get healthier. Its very rewarding

Cons

I shake my head as to the reasons behind why they hire some of the managers. In my opinion they aren't always the most qualified. I feel they are the most well liked but that doesn't make the best managers. Our center director doesn't really motivate us just wants to be our friend more.

Know what your center directors are doing in their centers. Sometimes its the staff who are really the driving force. Sincerely ask staff how their center director is doing. My cd is running a business on the side out of her office and boyfriend & family calls 3-4 times daily. We are selfmotivating that's the reason why our center is doing well. Not due to the cds input.

Fulfilling yet frustrating

Current Employee - Center Director in New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Center Director in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Jenny Craig

Pros

It's fulfilling to help people get healthy but frustrating because of the disconnect of corporate leadership and the reality of what clients really need.

Cons

High fod prices that make it hard for clients to stay on plan. A corporate leadership team who don't seem to know how to turn the company around.

Listen to your field personnel and put into place some of the ideas they share. They are your frontline people who deal with clients and know their needs.

Ups and downs

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Helping people reach their goals

Cons

Constant change and confusion with offers and education

Let the field employees make the decisions on change.

Modern Day Sweatshop

Current Employee - Center Director
    Current Employee - Center Director

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Would love to agree with the rest about changing people's lives but we all know we are better trained to sell vs helping them lose weight

Cons

Where to begin....
    *New compensation change is impossible to support yourself
    *Cd's are expected to roam the streets to "market"
    *money is wasted on marketing material instead of proven success of commercials
    *Leadership is a joke. Grown women with a mean girl attitude
    They truly do not care about you as a person, you are only a number. They will "Jenny" you to believe you are so much more to them until they just don't need you any more. We all complained about Nestlé not knowing that the grass was definitely not greener on the other side.

Put Jenny back in charge. She was successful because she cared about her business, her name, and her employees. She would be mortified if she knew that after blowing so much smoke for 3 days in Arizona what was really happening in the field and how all center staff is really being treated.

I loved helping my clients but very poor management.

Former Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Palmdale, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Palmdale, CA (US)

I worked at Jenny Craig part-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Very rewarding to help people lose weight

Cons

Under very poor management and center had a low morale.

My job WAS my life and love - JC to be 4-5 stars!!

Former Employee - Consultant
    Former Employee - Consultant

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Being open and serving with all your heart and creative mental capacity, working at Jenny Craig afforded an opportunity to make a positive difference every day. I loved my job!
    In fact, I was so honored and privileged to listen, motivate and teach, that I didn't mind performing support tasks, like stocking food and making confirmation calls.
    The company WAS transparent, plus the values, training and support were exemplary.

Cons

The new owners/management nationalized the pay scale Oct 1, 2014, and, for top producers and client retainers such as me, it meant a significant pay cut (40+% for me). They gave no accounting for production, retention, weight loss, etc. To remain in my position, it meant certain poverty. I was devastated after 5 1/2 years of devoted service, and surely miss the challenges, client successes, and rewards every day. My force out (sign accepting poverty or leave) was Sept 30, 2014.
    I did work every holiday and Saturday for 5 1/2 years except Christmas and Thanksgiving. This did negatively affect work-life balance.

Pay your people that learn and work hard a livable wage. Remember that is a company developed by a fabulous woman with great vision to serve and change lives. De-motivated employees have an inherent difficulty motivating others.... especially when they are hungry and cannot afford the food you sell.
     In September, 2014, I took home (after $400 in benefits) $2300+/- for the month, and, under the current pay structure, it would be $1200.00 a month. I could pay my rent, utilities, and car payment, but not fuel for my car or myself (food), much less established personal bills, like CC and student loans.

Management needs to reconsider payscale

Former Employee - Program Consultant in Memphis, TN (US)
    Former Employee - Program Consultant in Memphis, TN (US)

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The best part was helping clients with their weight loss and seeing results each week.

Cons

the money and expectations were not in sync. Very low pay for the job we did. Very hard to retain clients due to food price.

Please pay your employees more and maybe reduce the cost of the food.

Jenny Craig Photos