Jenny Craig Reviews

Updated 29 August 2014
Updated 29 August 2014

2.2

Monty Sharma

Pros
  • Helping people change their lifestyles to achieve and maintain their weight loss goals (in 31 reviews)

• Great/Healthy way to lose weight when the program is followed (in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • Training is poorly thought out and the upper management doesn't really seem to care (in 24 reviews)

• Manipulative Market Directors, long hours without lunches and low pay (in 13 reviews)

More Highlights

Truth be told!

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Love the opportunity to help change peoples lives. Teaches skill set in sales and valued service. Take the opportunity to absorb techniques to use in every day life and for advancement.

Cons

Changes!...hmmm..what company has not been evaluating their best financial and strategic moves to support the constant changes in their business. Is there really a company that has started paying their employees more in the midst of rebuilding their empire? No! All Employees need to have faith and pride in what they do and why they do it! The expectations of some individuals are unrealistic as it is. Reap what you sew..you get what you give.. what happened to hard work? My cons are not with the company..we all have choices where we want to be. .my cons are in the negative. ..especially when we preach progress not perfection. ...remember?

If anything maybe being a little more transparent. Allowing employees at all levels to have a voice. Letting them in a little more.Its like being a parent. .. when our child gets in trouble we will defend them automatically ..all the way to the end. However, if we find out they were withholding information we don't feel so good about that. Just something to think about.
    And only complaint I have. .health care..crazy expensive and huge deductibles. The way it was handled this year was not the best at all. Can we maybe have options of who we would like to go through?

rewarding

Former Employee - Centre Director
    Former Employee - Centre Director

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

You get to meet new people and help them change their lives. The hours are great.

Cons

Most are doing the job of 2-3 people. The company is consistently changing for the better but sometimes it's too much change at once.

change the way of leads coming in...
    There should be a way for Directors to communicate with one another to feed off ideas and keep the motivation going.
    Have Consultants team up with another team member from another state. They can at then bring ideas to one other keep each other motivated.
    There is a lot that can be done that hasn't been done that is really simple.

No Place to Go

Former Employee - Program Director  in  Tucson, AZ (US)
    Former Employee - Program Director in Tucson, AZ (US)

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You are able to help people lose weight and make a difference in their lives

Cons

There is no room for advancement. The company is constantly changing. The pay is TERRIBLE. The hours can be long and you spend a lot of time calling people who don't want to come back and lose weight.

Get some consistency and pay people what they deserve.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

In a downward spiral.

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The best part about working for Jenny Craig is watching the transformation of women and men as they lose weight. Being a part of a person's life changing event is priceless and that's why I've stayed as long as I have. The other pro is the relationships I've developed with my co-workers. We are like family.

Cons

So many...No room for advancement, most recently, the new compensation plan for employees over 10 years. It's a joke. CD bonus plan was revamped but they took money from our average bonuses to put at the very top tiers. Management has added responsibility of grassroots marketing. Business to Business, walking the streets handing out flyers, but with no additional compensation. It seems the new company has management running in circles, without focus being on the most important thing: the client.

Get the focus back on the client and employees and do more research on local marketing. It's the most ancient form of marketing, totally outdated. Stop forcing folks who do not have aggressive personalities to have one. You can't train someone to have a different personality.

Weight Loss Consultant - A Rewarding Job

Former Employee - Weight Loss Consultant
    Former Employee - Weight Loss Consultant

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time for more than a year

Pros

I worked as a Weight Loss Consultant in a Jenny Craig Center on the East Coast for two years. I worked part time (25 hours) during college and then went to full time (38 hours) once I graduated. I had a great experience and the job was a great fit for me at the time. The position was largely commission based, so the paychecks were not exactly the same every time, but I feel that I was fairly compensated. A little bit of sales knowledge was necessary to maximize every sale and in turn maximize my paycheck. Even if we were very busy, everyone pulled their weight because they knew that their paychecks would be impacted based on their contributed amount of work.

Helping people lose weight was a wonderful experience. It was great to be there with my clients every step of the way. A lot of my clients credited me with their weight loss success and thanked me endlessly. Of course they did all the work but it felt wonderful to be an inspiration to my clients.

Cons

The compensation is largely commission based, so it was a competitive environment among my female colleagues. There were also strong personalities that did not always mix when working in such an environment. In my center, there were some clear rules on when you should get credit for a sale and when someone else should get credit for a sale, and as long as everyone did the right thing, there were no problems.

There was not much room for growth. As a consultant, when my Center Director left, I wanted to be considered for the Center Director role with my newly obtained college degree. I was told that I needed to first move up through the appropriate levels including being a Program Director for at least a year. I was not interested in being a Program Director and ultimately left the company for an external corporate position.

I'm sure a lot of employees do not like the commission based compensation, but I do. It makes each employee accountable for their amount of work. I don't think its a bad system and I feel that I was fairly compensated because the more work I put in, the more money I got in my paycheck.

I was at Jenny Craig while working toward my bachelors degree. When I graduated, I wanted to be considered for an open Center Director role in my center. I was told by my District Manager that I needed to move up through the levels first and be a Program Director for at least a year. A Program Director role was not currently open. Ultimately I left the company for an external corporate HR position. I think I understand the reasoning in that JC wants their senior level employees to be strong at all positions in order to fill in when needed. But my advice to management would be that rising through the levels shouldn't be a deal breaker. You probably have top talent in your lowest levels. These people just need to be developed to reach their full potential.

Amazing chance to make a difference.

Current Employee - Manager  in  Carlsbad, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Manager in Carlsbad, CA (US)

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Seeing people transform and become the best version of themselves.

Cons

Lots of continuous change can make things feel unstable.

Transparency is critical to gain trust.

Jenny Craig, great if starting off in sales and customer service

Former Employee - Jenny Craig Consultant  in  Boston, MA (US)
    Former Employee - Jenny Craig Consultant in Boston, MA (US)

I worked at Jenny Craig part-time for more than a year

Pros

Jenny Craig is a great company if you are starting off in sales and customer service.

The very best thing about this job is the relationships built with clients. I loved working with them week to week and helping them meet their goals. It is personally rewarding to help someone do something they have been trying to do for a long time.

Also office dynamics can be very good depending on the co-workers in your center.

Cons

Finding coverage when needing time off was very difficult.

The pay was not great. The raise offered at the yearly review was pitiful.

The insurance benefits offered by Jenny Craig are not good.

Offer better benefits and pay.

Have floats for various positions to help with coverage when employees need time off.

Terrible Work Culture

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

There is nothing they offer that's worth the crap they put you through.

Cons

They have so many meetings that eat up 60% of your day and then the managers get upset when nothing gets done. The bureaucracy and countless forms pretty much make sure that you hide issues instead of fixing them. There is zero customer service and you're graded on quotas and numbers instead of your actual job performance. Lord forbid you make a mistake.

Felt this was my calling away to help other's. Finished up disappointed and sad

Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant  in  Sydney (Australia)
    Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Sydney (Australia)

I have been working at Jenny Craig part-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Building relationships with the clients to help them with there weight loss journey . Seeing life's changing , working with a great team of consultants and made long life friends

Cons

Bad pay, Bad management, bullying and harassment by in house management, hours been cut no support from HR or UPPER MANAGEMENT, resulted in my resignation after working with jenny for a long time and loved my job and clients

Train your centre CL on how to treat staff , teach them not to single out some employees which is a act of discrimination, Teach them to train and support in team meetings . Bring back the CARE FACTOR

Awful

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time

Pros

There is nothing good. This employer is rude! Never again will I work or refer people.

Cons

The pay sucks. Always changing and restructuring. No help from senior management. Can't wait to leave.

Worked for Jenny Craig? Contribute to the Community!