Jenny Craig

Updated 12 December 2014
Updated 12 December 2014
2.2

Monty Sharma

Pros
  • Helping people to reach their goals is a wonderful experience (in 45 reviews)

• All employees receive a good opportunity to lose weight on the Jenny Craig program (in 34 reviews)

Cons
  • Training is poorly thought out and the upper management doesn't really seem to care (in 27 reviews)

• Our center director doesn't really motivate us just wants to be our friend more (in 13 reviews)

More Highlights

Clients make the job very rewarding- it's dollar coaster journey for both the client and consultant

Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Office staff makes the daily job enjoyable

Cons

Company does not care about their staff, it's only about the revenue

Long term employees shouldn't be penalized with wages due to a changes with management staff

Weight Loss Consultant - A Rewarding Job

Former Employee - Weight Loss Consultant

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I worked as a Weight Loss Consultant in a Jenny Craig Center on the East Coast for two years. I worked part time (25 hours) during college and then went to full time (38 hours) once I graduated. I had a great experience and the job was a great fit for me at the time. The position was largely commission based, so the paychecks were not exactly the same every time, but I feel that I was fairly compensated. A little bit of sales knowledge was necessary to maximize every sale and in turn maximize my paycheck. Even if we were very busy, everyone pulled their weight because they knew that their paychecks would be impacted based on their contributed amount of work.

Helping people lose weight was a wonderful experience. It was great to be there with my clients every step of the way. A lot of my clients credited me with their weight loss success and thanked me endlessly. Of course they did all the work but it felt wonderful to be an inspiration to my clients.

Cons

The compensation is largely commission based, so it was a competitive environment among my female colleagues. There were also strong personalities that did not always mix when working in such an environment. In my center, there were some clear rules on when you should get credit for a sale and when someone else should get credit for a sale, and as long as everyone did the right thing, there were no problems.

There was not much room for growth. As a consultant, when my Center Director left, I wanted to be considered for the Center Director role with my newly obtained college degree. I was told that I needed to first move up through the appropriate levels including being a Program Director for at least a year. I was not interested in being a Program Director and ultimately left the company for an external corporate position.

I'm sure a lot of employees do not like the commission based compensation, but I do. It makes each employee accountable for their amount of work. I don't think its a bad system and I feel that I was fairly compensated because the more work I put in, the more money I got in my paycheck.

I was at Jenny Craig while working toward my bachelors degree. When I graduated, I wanted to be considered for an open Center Director role in my center. I was told by my District Manager that I needed to move up through the levels first and be a Program Director for at least a year. A Program Director role was not currently open. Ultimately I left the company for an external corporate HR position. I think I understand the reasoning in that JC wants their senior level employees to be strong at all positions in order to fill in when needed. But my advice to management would be that rising through the levels shouldn't be a deal breaker. You probably have top talent in your lowest levels. These people just need to be developed to reach their full potential.

In a downward spiral.

Current Employee - Center Director
    Current Employee - Center Director

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The best part about working for Jenny Craig is watching the transformation of women and men as they lose weight. Being a part of a person's life changing event is priceless and that's why I've stayed as long as I have. The other pro is the relationships I've developed with my co-workers. We are like family.

Cons

So many...No room for advancement, most recently, the new compensation plan for employees over 10 years. It's a joke. CD bonus plan was revamped but they took money from our average bonuses to put at the very top tiers. Management has added responsibility of grassroots marketing. Business to Business, walking the streets handing out flyers, but with no additional compensation. It seems the new company has management running in circles, without focus being on the most important thing: the client.

Get the focus back on the client and employees and do more research on local marketing. It's the most ancient form of marketing, totally outdated. Stop forcing folks who do not have aggressive personalities to have one. You can't train someone to have a different personality.

ONLY IF YOU ARE DESPERATE

Former Employee - Weight Loss Consultant

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I really do think anyone who is not desperate should work for Jenny

Cons

the pay sucks and commission sucks. stress level is so high and center directors are not qualified for their position.
    there are a couple of center where you can make a bit more money like Irvine and Torrance but everywhere else good luck. . it is only part time money.

TAKE CARE OF YOUR CONSULTANT AND THE CO WILL NOT BE STRUGGLING SO MUCH. YOU KEEP TRYING NEW RTA AND CAMPAIGNS AND NOTHING IS WORKING.

Disappointing

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I have been working at Jenny Craig part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Helping other people to get to their goal weight, discounted food.

Cons

Lack of Head Office support or understanding. Poor pay ,bad Team dynamics ,back stabbing, and the least hospitable work atmosphere.

You need to appreciate your co-workers and actually visit a center -you are so far removed that it is a very cold experience for Consultants. Make sure your Managers adhere to the Company guidelines and Policies, ensure they don't run centers as their private empires-very disturbing.

Amazing chance to make a difference.

Current Employee - Manager in Carlsbad, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Manager in Carlsbad, CA (US)

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Seeing people transform and become the best version of themselves.

Cons

Lots of continuous change can make things feel unstable.

Transparency is critical to gain trust.

Jenny Craig, great if starting off in sales and customer service

Former Employee - Jenny Craig Consultant in Boston, MA (US)
    Former Employee - Jenny Craig Consultant in Boston, MA (US)

I worked at Jenny Craig part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Jenny Craig is a great company if you are starting off in sales and customer service.

The very best thing about this job is the relationships built with clients. I loved working with them week to week and helping them meet their goals. It is personally rewarding to help someone do something they have been trying to do for a long time.

Also office dynamics can be very good depending on the co-workers in your center.

Cons

Finding coverage when needing time off was very difficult.

The pay was not great. The raise offered at the yearly review was pitiful.

The insurance benefits offered by Jenny Craig are not good.

Offer better benefits and pay.

Have floats for various positions to help with coverage when employees need time off.

Terrible Work Culture

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

There is nothing they offer that's worth the crap they put you through.

Cons

They have so many meetings that eat up 60% of your day and then the managers get upset when nothing gets done. The bureaucracy and countless forms pretty much make sure that you hide issues instead of fixing them. There is zero customer service and you're graded on quotas and numbers instead of your actual job performance. Lord forbid you make a mistake.

Great for Clients, Bad for Employees

Current Employee - Program Consultant in Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Program Consultant in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Helping people reach their goals and change their unhealthy dieting habits. Clients rely heavily on the advice shared by consultants, which makes us feel golden.

Cons

The pay is pretty low. There are no perks, no recognition and no room for growth,

You should treat your consultants better, with better pay & recognition, especially since you claim they are the secret ingredient to the program!

Awful

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time

Pros

There is nothing good. This employer is rude! Never again will I work or refer people.

Cons

The pay sucks. Always changing and restructuring. No help from senior management. Can't wait to leave.

Jenny Craig Photos