www.jennycraig.com

Updated 18 November 2014
Updated 18 November 2014
2.2

Monty Sharma

Pros
  • Helping people to reach their goals is a wonderful experience (in 45 reviews)

• All employees receive a good opportunity to lose weight on the Jenny Craig program (in 34 reviews)

Cons
  • Training is poorly thought out and the upper management doesn't really seem to care (in 27 reviews)

• Our center director doesn't really motivate us just wants to be our friend more (in 13 reviews)

More Highlights

Amazing chance to make a difference.

Current Employee - Manager in Carlsbad, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Manager in Carlsbad, CA (US)

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Seeing people transform and become the best version of themselves.

Cons

Lots of continuous change can make things feel unstable.

Transparency is critical to gain trust.

Weight Loss Consultant - A Rewarding Job

Former Employee - Weight Loss Consultant
    Former Employee - Weight Loss Consultant

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I worked as a Weight Loss Consultant in a Jenny Craig Center on the East Coast for two years. I worked part time (25 hours) during college and then went to full time (38 hours) once I graduated. I had a great experience and the job was a great fit for me at the time. The position was largely commission based, so the paychecks were not exactly the same every time, but I feel that I was fairly compensated. A little bit of sales knowledge was necessary to maximize every sale and in turn maximize my paycheck. Even if we were very busy, everyone pulled their weight because they knew that their paychecks would be impacted based on their contributed amount of work.

Helping people lose weight was a wonderful experience. It was great to be there with my clients every step of the way. A lot of my clients credited me with their weight loss success and thanked me endlessly. Of course they did all the work but it felt wonderful to be an inspiration to my clients.

Cons

The compensation is largely commission based, so it was a competitive environment among my female colleagues. There were also strong personalities that did not always mix when working in such an environment. In my center, there were some clear rules on when you should get credit for a sale and when someone else should get credit for a sale, and as long as everyone did the right thing, there were no problems.

There was not much room for growth. As a consultant, when my Center Director left, I wanted to be considered for the Center Director role with my newly obtained college degree. I was told that I needed to first move up through the appropriate levels including being a Program Director for at least a year. I was not interested in being a Program Director and ultimately left the company for an external corporate position.

I'm sure a lot of employees do not like the commission based compensation, but I do. It makes each employee accountable for their amount of work. I don't think its a bad system and I feel that I was fairly compensated because the more work I put in, the more money I got in my paycheck.

I was at Jenny Craig while working toward my bachelors degree. When I graduated, I wanted to be considered for an open Center Director role in my center. I was told by my District Manager that I needed to move up through the levels first and be a Program Director for at least a year. A Program Director role was not currently open. Ultimately I left the company for an external corporate HR position. I think I understand the reasoning in that JC wants their senior level employees to be strong at all positions in order to fill in when needed. But my advice to management would be that rising through the levels shouldn't be a deal breaker. You probably have top talent in your lowest levels. These people just need to be developed to reach their full potential.

Jenny Craig, great if starting off in sales and customer service

Former Employee - Jenny Craig Consultant in Boston, MA (US)
    Former Employee - Jenny Craig Consultant in Boston, MA (US)

I worked at Jenny Craig part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Jenny Craig is a great company if you are starting off in sales and customer service.

The very best thing about this job is the relationships built with clients. I loved working with them week to week and helping them meet their goals. It is personally rewarding to help someone do something they have been trying to do for a long time.

Also office dynamics can be very good depending on the co-workers in your center.

Cons

Finding coverage when needing time off was very difficult.

The pay was not great. The raise offered at the yearly review was pitiful.

The insurance benefits offered by Jenny Craig are not good.

Offer better benefits and pay.

Have floats for various positions to help with coverage when employees need time off.

Terrible Work Culture

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

There is nothing they offer that's worth the crap they put you through.

Cons

They have so many meetings that eat up 60% of your day and then the managers get upset when nothing gets done. The bureaucracy and countless forms pretty much make sure that you hide issues instead of fixing them. There is zero customer service and you're graded on quotas and numbers instead of your actual job performance. Lord forbid you make a mistake.

Great for Clients, Bad for Employees

Current Employee - Program Consultant in Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Program Consultant in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Helping people reach their goals and change their unhealthy dieting habits. Clients rely heavily on the advice shared by consultants, which makes us feel golden.

Cons

The pay is pretty low. There are no perks, no recognition and no room for growth,

You should treat your consultants better, with better pay & recognition, especially since you claim they are the secret ingredient to the program!

Awful

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time

Pros

There is nothing good. This employer is rude! Never again will I work or refer people.

Cons

The pay sucks. Always changing and restructuring. No help from senior management. Can't wait to leave.

Felt this was my calling away to help other's. Finished up disappointed and sad

Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Sydney (Australia)
    Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Sydney (Australia)

I have been working at Jenny Craig part-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Building relationships with the clients to help them with there weight loss journey . Seeing life's changing , working with a great team of consultants and made long life friends

Cons

Bad pay, Bad management, bullying and harassment by in house management, hours been cut no support from HR or UPPER MANAGEMENT, resulted in my resignation after working with jenny for a long time and loved my job and clients

Train your centre CL on how to treat staff , teach them not to single out some employees which is a act of discrimination, Teach them to train and support in team meetings . Bring back the CARE FACTOR

I felt pressured to promote poor body imagining.

Former Employee - Program Director in Brookfield, WI (US)
    Former Employee - Program Director in Brookfield, WI (US)

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I enjoyed talking with the sales consultants and helping clients with changing their lifestyle to a heathier alternative.

Cons

The pressure to meet goals and the comparison to other locations was extremely stressful.

I felt management should have been focus not just on sales but on retaining clients and improving customer service.

If they don't make some major changes, the company won't be around much longer.

Former Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Austin, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Austin, TX (US)

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Build lasting relationships with clients and motivate them to improve their health.

Cons

Compensation is very low. Commission based on food sold but with all the new meal plan businesses offering higher quality / organic food, many clients choose to supplement JC meals with others and that takes a huge bite out of your paycheck. Good luck convincing your clients that processed, frozen foods with ingredients like high fructose corn syrup are a better choice!
    Management treats employees very poorly. There is very little flexibility and benefits are slim to none. Expect to work weekends, evenings, and holidays.

Re-invent food offerings to match the needs and trends of today's health-conscious

Jenny Craig

Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Hamilton, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Hamilton, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

clients are amazing best part of the job, seeing them achieve goals

Cons

dont pay enough, too much phone work, was not hired to be a telemarketer

Jenny Craig Photos