Jenny Craig

www.jennycraig.com
Employer Engaged

Your loosing your best employees!

Former Employee - Consultant in New York, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Consultant in New York, NY (US)

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

New Management is seeing the vision of the company. they got rid of most of their narcissistic managers. Meeting new people and helping them with their weightloss.

Cons

hours being cut, commission taken away, compensation unfair, no advancement. clients favorite foods are being taken away.

START ADVERTISING AND STOP CUTTING OUR HOURS! OUTSIDE MARKETING IS A WAISTE OF TIME! 20LBS FOR $20! THEY STILL CALL ABOUT THAT!

the training is great but the job stinks

Former Employee - Sales Consultant/Program Director in Newton, MA (US)
    Former Employee - Sales Consultant/Program Director in Newton, MA (US)

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time (more than a year)

Pros

the nutrition and sales training was great background for the employees
    employee discount was wonderful

Cons

all the company was worried about was how much food and yearly programs you sold. the customers don't understand how to stay heathy after they finish the program.the company had a poor support system for their clients when they were struggling to maintain their weight. it backfired on us-sales consultants and program directors. not great benefits and
    management couldn't control their employees.

manage your sales consultants properly and fairly
    dont let one sales consultant steal all of the clients

Jenny Craig Corporate Headquarters

Current Contractor - Graphic Designer in Carlsbad, CA (US)
    Current Contractor - Graphic Designer in Carlsbad, CA (US)

I have been working at Jenny Craig as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Awesome work environment. The facility is spacious, the people are great to work with, location can't be beat. Only 5 minutes away from the beach. I love it here. Great perks- occasional catered food, a workout gym with complimentary work out classes. Organized organization who doesn't stray from the soul of it's core values. The attitude here is just that- everyone is helpful all around.

Cons

No cons to review at this time.

Company doesn't care about employees just bottom line

Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant
    Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The training pay is awesome at $16/hr and I love being able to help people lose weight, and feel better about themselves

Cons

Hours are being cut - full time employees becoming part time due to lack of clients. You spend hours on the phone harassing old client to come back. Employees fight amongst each other over clients in order to make commission. Management doesn't do their job and fail to help their employees in anything but criticizing.
    Until the new year, consultants are earning $9.50/hr plus commission.

Management needs to focus on actually helping their employees gain and keep clients. More customer service calls when clients quit and they need to stop handing over irate customers to their low level employees.

Company will be out of business soon...

Current Employee - Anonymous in New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Developing relationships with clients and fellow co-workers. Many of my co-workers whom I have had the pleasure of working alongside, have many talents and strengths they are wasting in a dead end job. We have all tried to tough it out through the challenging times the company has seen but most are realizing they deserve better.

Cons

Low pay. When I say low, I mean very close to poverty level. Most employees (center management and below) can not live off of the salary they are paid. There has been a recent change in the compensation plan in which both center managers and consultants will be taking pay decreases. This company has been losing money year over year and now centers have unrealistic targets to hit because the company has not been profitable for some time. Most current employees are searching for other employment because so many people are unhappy. Also, no room to grow within the company anymore as they are restructuring and cutting out positions left and right.

Too many new changes that are not beneficial to field employees. You are pushing loyal and over qualified employees out the door by making them feel disposable and devalued. Wake up people, that's not how you save a sinking ship! Jenny has seen its day. Time to move on.

Down Hill

Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Helping people lose weight/feel better about themselves. Working there for over five years has really strengthened my knowledge of proper nutrition and weight loss. I have also become a therapist without meaning to. Too bad it was without therapist pay.

Cons

Company has been going downhill for a long time. They waste money on printing nonsense marketing tools that we end up trashing. They should give that money to the employees. Business is VERY slow. Now they have given us an hourly wage with no commission and then... they cut hours! So much for giving us a wage we can live on! Wow! Thanks Jenny!

Don't know what to say at this point. It's just too late.

Love the job itself. The company has taken a huge turn in the wrong direction

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Jenny Craig

Pros

What we do every day is fantastic. The people i work with are caring and motivated.

Cons

Pay, turnover, morale, slow business

Pay attention to why some of your best employees are leaving

Great overall environment and co-workers...low pay

Former Employee - Program Director
    Former Employee - Program Director

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Helping people lose weight & get healthy , coworkers were great

Cons

Low pay, upper management - interesting

Increase pay & listen to your employees

Great program but little regard for employees

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

We change lives
    Our members
    Working with great people

Cons

Hours being cut
    Little care about employees
    Below average salary

Give the centers more tools to achieve their goals. For instance a marketing budget.

Working in my centre is wonderful, but working under the corporate management is a nightmare.

Current Employee - Customer Service Coordinator in Alpharetta, GA (US)
    Current Employee - Customer Service Coordinator in Alpharetta, GA (US)

I have been working at Jenny Craig part-time (more than a year)

Pros

I love getting to know the clients, and celebrating their successes with them. My coworkers are also some of the most amazing people I've ever had the opportunity to work with. My job is pretty much to facilitate everyone else's jobs, which I like because it means I get to help people help people! What can be better than that?

Cons

Every time I hear something from corporate, or from an operations manager, or from any other manager, it always gives me a terrible feeling in the pit of my stomach. Emails from higher-ups are insulting, either because they are actually flat-out insulting everyone in the centre, or because they are assuming that everyone in the centre is braindead. All of the actually important information in any corporate communication gets drowned out by pages and pages of noninformation, to the point where my coworkers actually started asking me to write single-page breakdowns that we started calling "cheat sheets". I also had to keep an updated list of all of the new and ongoing promotions, along with their associated product and discount codes, because we were only ever given the codes for each promotion as they came up; there was no single reference for all of the current codes. Our centre's director has been largely absent ever since she took on the title; I can probably count on one hand the number of times that I have seen her in the centre. While this means that our centre is often completely out of such trivialities as sellable products, printer ink, and toilet paper, her presence only creates a more stressful work environment. She is constantly telling me that my job is unnecessary, and if I ask her for any information, her answer is that it's "none of my concern". She's worse on the phone, though: one time I had to call her to ask her what to do about a $300 discrepancy in inventory, and she yelled at me over the phone, asking me how I dared to call her on what I hadn't known was her day off; I was literally in tears by the time she hung up on me. Our previous centre directors weren't much better, causing my coworkers to wonder why Jenny Craig seems to only promote the power-hungry. The pay structure has recently changed for the worse, too: when I was hired more than a year ago, I was told that I would start at $10/hour, and would have a pay evaluation once a year. My one-year anniversary came right after the pay structure changed in a way that eliminated pay evaluations, as well as pay raises for Customer Service Coordinators. (Well, it *might* have. When I asked my centre director if I was getting a pay raise after working there for a year, she said she didn't know if CSC's got pay raises anymore, so she wasn't going to give me one.) Quota bonuses have also gone down significantly: the only way to get a quota bonus equal to the previous one is to exceed quota by more than 125%; every other bonus is up to almost 30% less than it used to be. (Yes, I did the math.) When the centre director decided to cut my hours back to 1/3 of what they were, I was given less than 12 hours notice of the change before it went into effect; when she laid me off the very next week, I was given less than a week's notice. When I asked if I could stay employed if I trained as a consultant, since one of our consultants is retiring at the end of the month, the centre director said that she was trying to preserve the other consultants' jobs, first, so she was going to ask a consultant from another centre to replace the one retiring at ours. I guess she couldn't help telling me I was worthless to her, just one last time.

APPRECIATE YOUR EMPLOYEES. Seriously, I could have happily worked through anything you threw at me, if you just gave me one tiny reason to think that the effort was appreciated. My coworkers were great about supporting each other, but not once was there ever a hint of anything similar from those higher up. In fact, it was whenever we heard from management that we often needed to support each other the most. So yeah, appreciate your employees, at least enough to trust them when they tell you that the centre is almost out of toilet paper.

Jenny Craig Photos