JetBlue

JetBlue Reviews

Updated Jul 25, 2014

JetBlue President & CEO Dave Barger

Dave Barger

Pros
  • The flight benefits are another fantastic perk as well as the flexibility of work arrangements(in 45 reviews)

• Flying benefits are great, and the work is interesting(in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper Management continues to lie and make false promises(in 8 reviews)

• Not very good at trickling down top management new ideas to middle management(in 7 reviews)

Great experience, but pay could be better

Analyst (Current Employee) Long Island City, NY (US)

ProsYoung company with a great work environment. Great travel benefits (free flights on jetBlue plus several agreements with other airlines).

ConsThe compensation side leaves a lot to be desired. No bonuses, very little profit sharing, and very little opportunity for significant raises. Few promotion opportunities.

Phone Reservations - frontline customer service for 2 years - Overall boring but enjoyable

Reservations (Phone) (Former Employee) Salt Lake City, UT (US)

ProsStand-by flight benefits (especially Zedfare standby benefits on other airlines after 6 months)
    Flexible schedule - easy to trade shift-bid hours with coworkers
    Fun-ish company culture
    Doesn't come home with you - work stays at work
    Optional health benefits for part-time employees

ConsTerrible pay - barely over minimum wage
    Boring job - same problems solved over and over again
    Takes about 18 months - 2 years to get enough seniority to have "good shifts" (not working on weekends)
    Isolated - work from home
    Tied to the desk - literally with a head set
    Required to live with 45 minutes of call center in Salt Lake City
    Not enough Jetblue flights out of Salt Lake - hard to use standby flight benefits

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate shifts for bid that are 20 hours a week (as opposed to 24)
    Increase the steps in pay for time with the company

Business Partner

Business Partner (Former Employee) Long Island City, NY (US)

ProsGreat working environment and culture

ConsBusiness Partners are not treated the same way as full-time crew members

Advice to Senior ManagementShould treat everyone equally and the Talent Acquisition is way overworked.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great people, great company, truly lives out the values

Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee)

Prosgreat people, great pay, flight benefits

Conspay could be a little higher, no holidays off

Advice to Senior Managementnone

Very Organised

Flight Attendant (Current Employee) Fort Lauderdale, FL (US)

ProsThey pay for your first set of luggage and uniform

ConsWait time after interview to hear back

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide answer to candidate sooner than one week perhaps on the spot

Great overall culture, poor middle management

Senior Analyst (Former Employee)

ProsThe front line and supervisors are amazing people, really a fun family to be a part of

ConsThe managers and directors are all former front line agents, and few have experience working somewhere other than JetBlue, and as a result have low leadership skills, no creativity or innovation. There is lots of backbiting behind closed doors, and public rah rah cheers, but it gets old. If you have a college degree, it is almost frowned upon as most of the leadership qualifications are "I have worked at JetBlue's call center as a res agent or supervisor for x years".

Advice to Senior ManagementLook more favorably on education and experience outside of JetBlue. This is really a problem outside of LSC.

Amazing company to work for! Great culture!

Marketing and Systems Operations (Current Employee)

ProsJetBlue has an amazing culture and truly lives by its 5 core values of Safety Caring Integrity Passion and Fun! I always felt like the company valued my work. Very rarely did I have a bad day at work. Lots of upward career opportunities once you get in!

ConsBecause JetBlue is a smaller primarily domestic carrier, if you're interested in International work, it may not be the place for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to focus on your core values, Whenever anyone asks me what I think about working for JetBlue, I always emphasize how much importance was placed on the values and what a difference that made. My current airline has a similar value system, but it is not emphasized or believed in the way it was at JetBlue and that makes a huge difference. Most people could not even name our 4 corner stones.

Fun job

Flight Attendant (Current Employee) Jamaica, NY (US)

ProsFun job, some people there are great.

ConsNo union so be careful

Horrible abusive management

Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) Houston, TX (US)

ProsFirst few years was a great place with pleasant work environment and great travel benefits, but after change of management and practices, not much to like about the company or working conditions anymore.

ConsNew management draconian, abusive, conniving and downright mean-spirited; just always looking for any reason to knock you, belittle you and/or hand out disciplinary action; could really blow any little thing out of proportion. Supervisors would often have you in situations where you would be 'damned if you do, damned if you don't, or you can only take choice A or B in a bad situation, and you will get yelled at/disciplined no matter which one you choose; would even at times ask you to do something and then scream at you for doing exactly what you were asked! (Of course if I didn't, I'm sure they would have been quick to charge me with insubordination!) Held to unrealistically short times to turn aircraft at gate, often without tools needed to do job properly; some staff led to compromise safety for fear of being disciplined/written up if they didn't make the turn time. Airline had horrible contingency planning, sometimes irrationally cancelling our flights when weather conditions not that bad to warrant it, and would leave some customers stranded for up to 5 or 6 days, and without the option to rebook to another airline (Rule 240 like other airlines can). Also, new reservation system full of bugs, IT very slow to fix, would constantly change procedures (for rebooking, ticket changes, etc.) without telling us, and of course, we get blamed for it.

Advice to Senior ManagementSince you brag about integrity being one of the company's values and hold us to it, maybe you should hold yourself to it in the way you treat your staff; have realistic expectations, understand we are often left in bad situations we can only do so much about, and for those supervisors who abuse their authority and treat staff badly, its time they got a taste of their own medicine.

Great fun place to work at!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFlight Benefits! Opportunity to work from home. Good balance of fun activities as well as work.

ConsNot very easy to advance.

Worked for JetBlue? Contribute to the Community!