JetBlue

JetBlue Reviews

Updated Jul 17, 2014

JetBlue President & CEO Dave Barger

Dave Barger

Pros
  • The flight benefits are another fantastic perk as well as the flexibility of work arrangements(in 45 reviews)

• Flying benefits are great, and the work is interesting(in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper Management continues to lie and make false promises(in 8 reviews)

• Not very good at trickling down top management new ideas to middle management(in 7 reviews)

Great company going through growing pains.

In Flight Crew/Flight Attendant (Current Employee) Boston, MA (US)

ProsFlexible schedule, free flight benefits, opportunities to grow in many area if you want to.

ConsRules can sometimes be up for interpretation. Extreme diversity in work ethics. At times, lack of proper and consistent accountability leads to frustration within work groups and creates an "us against them" mentality.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet away from STAR interview process and begin hiring management that is skilled in more than specialized interview techniques.

Strive for growth

ProsA excellent culture with strong values that are executed on, obviously you can fly for free, health care is available and communication from the top down is very visible.

ConsThe health care programs is horrendous, on the operating side of the company most managers are reactive though that is changing and your sick and vacation bank is one and the same.

Advice to Senior ManagementRe evaluate best labor practices for compensation

Fun place to work

Airport Operations Crew Member (Current Employee) Long Beach, CA (US)

ProsNice people, good benefits and culture

ConsLow pay, no room for advancement

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Wonderful Company!!

Flight Attendant (Current Employee) Boston, MA (US)

ProsGreat to employees and customers, Growth within the company never doing the same thing for years and years

ConsNothing bad to say about this company so far

Advice to Senior ManagementBeat Delta and Southwest Airlines

They fly by luck

In Flight (Current Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsJob
    Free flights
    No overbooking
    Allow you to be part time if you want it.

ConsGive pilots 10 hours rest but work Flight attendants to unsafe levels of exhaustion. 18 plus hours. Inflight crews should all be on the same duty times.
    Benefits are expensive
    Cheap uniforms
    VERY unorganized during weather or maintenance delays (IROP'S)
    Very poor middle management.
    Very poor pay yet expected to live in BOSTON OR NY etc.
    Long wait times trying to reach crew scheduling.
    NO UNIONS
    Filthy aircrafts, Tv's that are often broken.
    CEO never attends base meetings or I haven't seen him at one in 2 years.
    Offer speak up surveys but never change anything for positive.
    Building a hotel in MCO instead of fixing our airline.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen and learn from your front line people. Stop making stupid decisions. Learn from the big guys. How does the FAA let you get away with some of the things you do?

Be careful with what you wish for.

General Manager (Former Employee)

ProsGreat co-workers, lots of technology. It was a great place to work when I started. A lot of Fun, Integrity, Passion and amazing people to work with. It was the last airline that I wanted to work for.

ConsA lot of back staving. You have to CYA most of the time because the arrows come from EVERY direction. Everything is about the money and not about the caring for the employees. There is a lot of favoritism. There is no support for the station management team. A lot of false promises. If they like you they keep you. If you work hard and they don't like you or like some else more than you, then you are lured into being dismissed.

Advice to Senior ManagementBack up your people that work hard to keep the airline running. People feel betrayed by false expectations of things that have been promised but not executed. The very top sends mixed messages to the middle and the bottom. There is no consistency and overall no trust. Why is it that your recruiting team doesn't tell people during orientation that "this is the last airline you will work for" anymore like when I started. ELT looks like a derailed train wreck when it comes to decision making, specially during IROPS. Wow! What a disappointment.

Was Great, not so much any more

Pilot (Current Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsGreat people that were hired when all the other airlines were not hiring. Everyone that helps generate revenue/touched airplanes are generally great people and we all work together well.

ConsThe leadership at jetBlue has all but vanished. The company core values have taken a tremendous hit since Dave Barger became CEO. Most pilots have gotten very frustrated with the many broken promises from the ELT. The company is making major mistakes when dealing with declining morale and pilots leaving for other major airlines.

Advice to Senior ManagementTell the truth, and tell the whole truth. Change the way you receive bonuses so that no bonuses are paid with an increase in total revenue AND an increase in the internal NPS which will force managers to become leaders.

False Perception of a company making believe they care

Flight Attendant (Current Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsWorking with some great fellow inflight crews.

ConsWork rules are horrible and are only followed when convenient for management. Crew scheduling and the whole reserve life is the worst in the industry. They fire people at a drop of a dime. Duty days go up to 18 hours at a time with little or no rest, not safe for anybody and then they are surprised when we get sick from being run down. Layovers are beyond short. No job security at all

Advice to Senior ManagementYou would think we would be treated better and be sincerely valued. I have been told that Flight Attendants are a dime a dozen. Treat your flight attendants well, and the good karma will trickle down to the customers. No wonder so many are talking about a union. It is hard to keep caring so much for our customers when we are not treated right. So many of us really take pride in our career, help us help you.

Decent company for the young professional to start your career but don't expect to stay long

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Long Island City, NY (US)

ProsGreat culture and really fun people to work with

ConsInexperienced managers who only care about their own personal interest and career goals

OK place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsYou and your family fly for free

ConsThere is no overtime...ever. Not after 8 hours, not after 40 hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Worked for JetBlue? Contribute to the Community!