JetBlue Reviews

Updated 28 October 2014
3.6

JetBlue President & CEO Dave Barger
Dave Barger

Pros
  • The flight benefits are another fantastic perk as well as the flexibility of work arrangements (in 47 reviews)

• Flying benefits are great, and the work is interesting (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Depending on the department or location work-life balance can be challenging, career development/growth can also move a bit slowly (in 5 reviews)

• Upper Management continues to lie and make false promises (in 8 reviews)

More Highlights

Non Ethical leadership in disguise of nice guy.

Current Employee - Airport Operations Crew Member
    Current Employee - Airport Operations Crew Member

I have been working at JetBlue full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Only pro I have here is working with a great set of Individuals, They make a good team except a handful that will always go other directions.

Cons

5 core values(available on JetBlue log or website) died long ago, the new goal of the company is return on the investments and Fat paychecks for those who sits in the office and are allowed to make stupid and sense less decisions to blow millions of dollars without prior approval and make crewmembers suffers, I would like to give an award to the board of directors for voting out David Neelman and bringing in the failures from the big airlines to run the show for instance Robin Hayes. He may be able to return on the investments but he sure won't be able to retain the good work force. My station everything is about budget, short crew who cares there other mules who will suffer but we are saving. They can feel care less if I die of a heat stroke but wearing jackets are mandatory because I sit in the office where AC blows 60 degrees. A lots of sexism as girls have options other than jackets but if you are a male you are SOL. Anyways you get the point unless you want to suffer working do not apply. You deserve better. Because if you complain your General Manager will say this to you " you don't have to work, you can turn in your badge and leave", because you are nothing but a number to them.

Happy Crewmembers creates Happy Customers who will keep flying loyally with your airline which will generate profit and ultimately return on the Investments, this could just be opposite like an equation of + and - . Just Imagine one day of operation where customers refuses to fly JetBlue because of bad customer service now on the other side just Imagine one day of Operation where all 14000+ crewmembers call out because of bad leadership. Loss are greater on the company side more than crewmembers side, we may lose a pay for a day but company will lose profit for the whole quarter. My only advice to the Leadership is to be reasonable to your front line crewmembers after all they will take care of you as always on the rainy days(IROPS).

Proud company to work for.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Long Island City, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Long Island City, NY (US)

I have been working at JetBlue full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great growth opportunities. Great travel benefits. Some investments in culture like facilities and other benefits. Some departments and positions support commuting,

Cons

Company culture is changing from being very flexible to expecting high results. History of not addressing low performers which put extra stress on others. Poor work/life balance.

Expect some challenge as the culture changes and those who were with JetBlue in the early days can't adjust.

Great company and brand

I worked at JetBlue

Pros

Management treats employees very well

Cons

None that I can think of

Great Company with a Fun Atmosphere

Current Employee - Supervisor in Salt Lake City, UT (US)
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Salt Lake City, UT (US)

I have been working at JetBlue full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Personal Time off is very generous, work-life balance is great with many flexible options, some employees telecommute and it's an option for many. Executive leadership is very responsive.

Cons

A bit behind the times with some technology that would be helpful on the employee front, money appears to be spent on the customer experience rather than tools that make working there easier. Interesting internal mobility procedures can make it very difficult to move around if you do not work in a department that can be without you for an (often unspecified) period of time to "act" in a role.

JetBlue Airways customer services

I worked at JetBlue full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

flying benefits
    part time hours only

Cons

lack of organization
    poor management
    part time employees only

learn and apply your value
    attend training
    stop sleeping with employees
    stop gossiping
    stop stealing from customer

Great place to work for

Current Employee - Airport Operations Lead in Orlando, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Airport Operations Lead in Orlando, FL (US)

I have been working at JetBlue full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent travel benefits, 401k matching, flexible schedule, awesome culture based on values and a customer-friendly brand. They seem to listen more to their people than other companies I had previously worked for.

Cons

Management seems to be focused on improvements that make investors happy but this does not necessarily translate into improvements for the people responsible for their success: Frontline Crewmembers. The employee morale is the lowest I have seen in years and this is starting to hurt the brand.

Care for your Crewmembers a little better. Sometimes it feels that more is expected from us every day but we get little in exchange.

Hands down, best airline to work for!

Current Employee - Operations Coordinator in Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Operations Coordinator in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I have been working at JetBlue full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Schedule flexibility, good compensation, full benefits, free domestic travel for yourself and family.

Cons

Not a lot of flights to/from west coast, airline is transitioning to bigger company and still operating like a mom and pop business.

Please revamp the infrastructure to reflect growing operation. We need more spare aircrafts and reserve inflight staff.

Great Options

Former Employee - Customer Commitment Crew in Salt Lake City, UT (US)
    Former Employee - Customer Commitment Crew in Salt Lake City, UT (US)

I worked at JetBlue part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Flying benefits, opportunities for other job options

Cons

Not many locations to fly, strict points rules

Fantastic

Current Employee - Customer Service in Long Beach, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Customer Service in Long Beach, CA (US)

I have been working at JetBlue part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

When I worked there it was a lot smaller. And really felt like it was a happy fun place to work.

Cons

It was so new that they were unware of some of the CA work laws

Worked for JetBlue since the Airline started...

Current Employee - Captain A320 in Long Beach, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Captain A320 in Long Beach, CA (US)

I have been working at JetBlue full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The original individual that started the airline was David Neeleman who had a vision what an airline should be. Bringing back humanity to the airline industry, customer service. JetBlue was the vision of David Neeleman, who had a vision how people should be treated and tried to impart that vision to his employee's.

Cons

As the company grew, JetBlue had some growing pains which caused some operating difficulties. Since the airline had gone public on the market, it had a board of directors who did not think that the founder of JetBlue was the right person to run the airline that he founded. So, the board of directors decided to replace the creator of JetBlue. The board of directors replaced David Neeleman with Dave Barger, who has a different view of JetBlue as an airline, but the airline has continued to grow because of it's great start, but I believe most of the original employee's believe that JetBlue would have been better in the hands of it's creator...

Ask the creator to come back to JetBlue...! A lot of the employee's would feel better about the future, which would probably increase productivity and make an ever better working environment which would increase customer satisfaction... When you make a mistake it's OK to ask for forgiveness...! It is surprising to see how forgiving people can be when you do the right thing...!