JetBlue Reviews

Updated 23 October 2014
3.6

JetBlue President & CEO Dave Barger
Dave Barger

Pros
  • The flight benefits are another fantastic perk as well as the flexibility of work arrangements (in 47 reviews)

• Flying benefits are great, and the work is interesting (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Depending on the department or location work-life balance can be challenging, career development/growth can also move a bit slowly (in 5 reviews)

• Upper Management continues to lie and make false promises (in 8 reviews)

More Highlights

Great Company with a Fun Atmosphere

Current Employee - Supervisor in Salt Lake City, UT (US)
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Salt Lake City, UT (US)

I have been working at JetBlue full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Personal Time off is very generous, work-life balance is great with many flexible options, some employees telecommute and it's an option for many. Executive leadership is very responsive.

Cons

A bit behind the times with some technology that would be helpful on the employee front, money appears to be spent on the customer experience rather than tools that make working there easier. Interesting internal mobility procedures can make it very difficult to move around if you do not work in a department that can be without you for an (often unspecified) period of time to "act" in a role.

Hands down, best airline to work for!

Current Employee - Operations Coordinator in Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Operations Coordinator in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I have been working at JetBlue full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Schedule flexibility, good compensation, full benefits, free domestic travel for yourself and family.

Cons

Not a lot of flights to/from west coast, airline is transitioning to bigger company and still operating like a mom and pop business.

Please revamp the infrastructure to reflect growing operation. We need more spare aircrafts and reserve inflight staff.

Fantastic

Current Employee - Customer Service in Long Beach, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Customer Service in Long Beach, CA (US)

I have been working at JetBlue part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

When I worked there it was a lot smaller. And really felt like it was a happy fun place to work.

Cons

It was so new that they were unware of some of the CA work laws

JetBlue Airways customer services

I worked at JetBlue full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

flying benefits
    part time hours only

Cons

lack of organization
    poor management
    part time employees only

learn and apply your value
    attend training
    stop sleeping with employees
    stop gossiping
    stop stealing from customer

Rigid chilly environment

Former Employee - IT Systems Manager in New York, NY (US)
    Former Employee - IT Systems Manager in New York, NY (US)

I worked at JetBlue as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Organized lots of structure and process

Cons

Bad location, do not do a good job of making new employees feel welcome

Allow workers to be more creative

Great place to work for

Current Employee - Airport Operations Lead in Orlando, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Airport Operations Lead in Orlando, FL (US)

I have been working at JetBlue full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent travel benefits, 401k matching, flexible schedule, awesome culture based on values and a customer-friendly brand. They seem to listen more to their people than other companies I had previously worked for.

Cons

Management seems to be focused on improvements that make investors happy but this does not necessarily translate into improvements for the people responsible for their success: Frontline Crewmembers. The employee morale is the lowest I have seen in years and this is starting to hurt the brand.

Care for your Crewmembers a little better. Sometimes it feels that more is expected from us every day but we get little in exchange.

Great Options

Former Employee - Customer Commitment Crew in Salt Lake City, UT (US)
    Former Employee - Customer Commitment Crew in Salt Lake City, UT (US)

I worked at JetBlue part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Flying benefits, opportunities for other job options

Cons

Not many locations to fly, strict points rules

Worked for JetBlue since the Airline started...

Current Employee - Captain A320 in Long Beach, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Captain A320 in Long Beach, CA (US)

I have been working at JetBlue full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The original individual that started the airline was David Neeleman who had a vision what an airline should be. Bringing back humanity to the airline industry, customer service. JetBlue was the vision of David Neeleman, who had a vision how people should be treated and tried to impart that vision to his employee's.

Cons

As the company grew, JetBlue had some growing pains which caused some operating difficulties. Since the airline had gone public on the market, it had a board of directors who did not think that the founder of JetBlue was the right person to run the airline that he founded. So, the board of directors decided to replace the creator of JetBlue. The board of directors replaced David Neeleman with Dave Barger, who has a different view of JetBlue as an airline, but the airline has continued to grow because of it's great start, but I believe most of the original employee's believe that JetBlue would have been better in the hands of it's creator...

Ask the creator to come back to JetBlue...! A lot of the employee's would feel better about the future, which would probably increase productivity and make an ever better working environment which would increase customer satisfaction... When you make a mistake it's OK to ask for forgiveness...! It is surprising to see how forgiving people can be when you do the right thing...!

Great People

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Long Island City, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Long Island City, NY (US)

I have been working at JetBlue full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great travel benefits (better when also compared to other airlines), most of the people here are extremely caring individuals

Cons

More focus on retention of talent

Discriminates Against Disabled Employees

Former Employee - Ticketing
    Former Employee - Ticketing

I worked at JetBlue full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

At the beginning it was a new company with lots of potential, a big budget and staff freshly picked. The employees were happy and the company rewarded them well with gifts and recognition.

Cons

A few years later the company started to loose money, cut back on employee gifts/recognition eventually started eliminating jobs. Before the founder got booted out there was a lot of speculation as to which direction the company was going and why the leaders were MIA all the time. The work load at the time was busy and there weren't enough employees to cover the ticket counters or gates but we managed. On a very terrible day I was injured on the job, because of short staffing, and all the happy moments I had working for this company went down the drain. Soon enough the company's insurance refused to pay for treatment, I was sent home, was denied job modification and the management was told to make my life miserable in hopes that I would just quit. But I didn't. I took those bastards to court never giving up on the job I once thought I loved. I won my case. It still saddens me that they would treat loyal employees in such an inhumane manner but that is exactly what they did.

If you don't want to get sued then you need to change your business approach on how you treat employees that get hurt on the job.