JetBlue

JetBlue Reviews

Updated Jul 30, 2014

JetBlue President & CEO Dave Barger

Dave Barger

Pros
  • The flight benefits are another fantastic perk as well as the flexibility of work arrangements (in 45 reviews)

• Flying benefits are great, and the work is interesting (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper Management continues to lie and make false promises (in 8 reviews)

• Not very good at trickling down top management new ideas to middle management (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

good company to work for

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosthe benefits free flights and work from home

Consnot too much room for advancement

Good People, poor management

Training Liaison (Former Employee) Long Beach, CA (US)

ProsSome of the best people to work with, frontline employees make the job worth having, and helping customers always put a smile on my face.

ConsManagement is too stuck in their ways and their unfortunately is a lot of cronyism, makes it difficult to advance to a level of importance. Also many of the systems of accountability for front line employees are antiquated and do not account for reality, another unfortunate but true reality of this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey need to listen to their employees! They might be surprised that some of the best ideas come from the people who actually interact with the customers.

Great perks, no growth

Coordinator (Current Employee) Long Island City, NY (US)

ProsFlying benefits are great, and the work is interesting. Depending on what team you are on you might have opportunities to work on great projects.

ConsThe company is becoming increasingly political, and there is much favoritism. Many teams do not try to promote from within, and growth within the company is difficult. The culture is changing.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company to work for, great people, great culture.

Manager Operational Finance (Current Employee) Long Island City, NY (US)

ProsI've worked in various departments at JetBlue, so I will start with a disclaimer that not all departments are great. However those that live the company values and have strong leadership are great and thrive very well. Crew members who are willing to learn and willingly get to know various parts of the company can be handsomely rewarded with a promotion in a short amount of time.

ConsOperational support analysts have little direction which leads to high turnover or people stuck in the same role for long periods of time. You certainly choose your own direction at JetBlue, and if you don't make the most of it, it could get stale fast. Also, lower than market pay for corporate employees.

Caring, Enjoyable and fun!

Airport Operations (Former Employee) Hartford, CT (US)

ProsFlexible hours, ability to exchange shifts.

ConsCan be stressful during cancelations

Great training and strong encouragement to promote quickly.

Reservations (Current Employee) Salt Lake City, UT (US)

ProsPositive outlook and growth opportunities if I decide not to work at home. Oh, did I mention flight benefits.

ConsHectic at times, but that would be the industry.

great company

In Flight (Current Employee) New York, NY (US)

Prosvery hip airline,great co workers

Consroom for growth.being on reserve can get old fast

Advice to Senior Managementshow your caring values a lil more than talking about them

Good Benifits

ProsFly for free & flexible schedule!

ConsThe Pay is ok not amazing!

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Company has changed drastically since founder David Neeleman was forced out

Flight Attendant (Former Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsGreat travel benefits and competitive pay.

ConsThe company is more concerned about making money than anything else. To make money, they want to keep the customers happy, many times at the expense of safety.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop hiring people that are inexperienced, unprofessional and uneducated. JetBlue hires people that other supervisors are dating, sleeping with, or related to. Most the supervisors I knew rarely followed any of the rules they expected those they were supervising to follow. Too much nepotism, cronyism, and favoritism. The company managers and executives date within the company, and blatantly play favorites.

Great Company, No Growth

Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) Long Island City, NY (US)

ProsUnlimited free travel. Brand new work modern facilities.

ConsAbsolutely no job growth available.

Advice to Senior Managementnone

Worked for JetBlue? Contribute to the Community!