JetBlue

JetBlue Reviews

Updated Jul 30, 2014

JetBlue President & CEO Dave Barger

Dave Barger

Pros
  • The flight benefits are another fantastic perk as well as the flexibility of work arrangements (in 45 reviews)

• Flying benefits are great, and the work is interesting (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper Management continues to lie and make false promises (in 8 reviews)

• Not very good at trickling down top management new ideas to middle management (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

Great fun place to work at!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFlight Benefits! Opportunity to work from home. Good balance of fun activities as well as work.

ConsNot very easy to advance.

Great company but still working out the kinks internally

Manager (Current Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsGreat brand name, flight benefits, culture is great, NY office is awesome

ConsDepending on the dept the work life balance may not be so great, technology for the support centers has not caught up to the rest of the company

Advice to Senior ManagementThe support centers need some additional attention and some changes have to be made to be more efficient. You cannot continue to grow yet still do things the same way you used to.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Best Place to be

Airport Operations Crew Member (Former Employee) Boston, MA (US)

ProsAmazing benefits, and exciting place to work. Lots of room for growth and endless opportunities.

ConsGet stuck with awful shifts 4 am. The attendance policy is intense. Stressful situations working at the airport.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

very supportive team, flexible and awesome benefits

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosgreat flight benefits, flexible schedules, and great people

Consnot a very high salary, but constant opportunities to advance within the company

Awesome company to work for.

Supervisor Airports (Current Employee)

ProsPromotes from within and really tries to help crew members advance to their highest potential.

ConsSometimes you do not share the same views (business related) as your manager and that can affect the work balance.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo not promote micro managing.

good

Prosgood benefits and easy work

Conssome slick workers and overtime

The most horrible company Ive ever worked for

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

ProsWeekly Pay... and that's it.

ConsTerrible management and supervision, terrible training. Terrible hours. They want you to be on top of everything but they aren't on top of everything themselves.

Advice to Senior ManagementHow about about take some responsibility for your mistakes, don't overwork your employees, don't break rules when its convenient for you. Oh and make sure you train new employees on what they will actually be doing. Worst management ever.

This company has changed dramatically........I have been with JetBlue for over 11 years.

In Flight Crew Member (Current Employee)

ProsTheir Care Team is amazing, wonderful people who are very supportive when you need it. You don't see that very often at big companies.

ConsThe REALLY don't care about their Inflight Department, period. Everything is a struggle and if you are on reserve, it can be really tough.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe the way you used to be.....treat your employees with dignity and respect and in turn you will get better performance from them.

Better to lie and fly then be honest and grounded

In Flight Crew (Former Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsFlexible hours and schedule. So can accommodate most days off.

ConsUnreasonable response time to call in for work.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore realistic and less close cutting hours on call out. Better preparation from the company will allow more results from employees.

Bait and switch

ProsTravel benefits like any other airline

ConsThey sell you their values but don't embody them.

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

Worked for JetBlue? Contribute to the Community!