JetBlue Reviews

Updated 8 September 2014
3.6

JetBlue President & CEO Dave Barger
Dave Barger

Pros
  • The flight benefits are another fantastic perk as well as the flexibility of work arrangements (in 45 reviews)

• Flying benefits are great, and the work is interesting (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper Management continues to lie and make false promises (in 8 reviews)

• Not very good at trickling down top management new ideas to middle management (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

Very Organised

Current Employee - Flight Attendant  in  Fort Lauderdale, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Flight Attendant in Fort Lauderdale, FL (US)

I have been working at JetBlue full-time for less than a year

Pros

They pay for your first set of luggage and uniform

Cons

Wait time after interview to hear back

Provide answer to candidate sooner than one week perhaps on the spot

Amazing company to work for! Great culture!

Current Employee - Marketing and Systems Operations
    Current Employee - Marketing and Systems Operations

I have been working at JetBlue part-time for more than a year

Pros

JetBlue has an amazing culture and truly lives by its 5 core values of Safety Caring Integrity Passion and Fun! I always felt like the company valued my work. Very rarely did I have a bad day at work. Lots of upward career opportunities once you get in!

Cons

Because JetBlue is a smaller primarily domestic carrier, if you're interested in International work, it may not be the place for you.

Continue to focus on your core values, Whenever anyone asks me what I think about working for JetBlue, I always emphasize how much importance was placed on the values and what a difference that made. My current airline has a similar value system, but it is not emphasized or believed in the way it was at JetBlue and that makes a huge difference. Most people could not even name our 4 corner stones.

Best Place to be

Former Employee - Airport Operations Crew Member  in  Boston, MA (US)
    Former Employee - Airport Operations Crew Member in Boston, MA (US)

I worked at JetBlue full-time for more than a year

Pros

Amazing benefits, and exciting place to work. Lots of room for growth and endless opportunities.

Cons

Get stuck with awful shifts 4 am. The attendance policy is intense. Stressful situations working at the airport.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

very supportive team, flexible and awesome benefits

I worked at JetBlue part-time

Pros

great flight benefits, flexible schedules, and great people

Cons

not a very high salary, but constant opportunities to advance within the company

Horrible abusive management

Former Employee - Customer Service Agent  in  Houston, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Customer Service Agent in Houston, TX (US)

I worked at JetBlue full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

First few years was a great place with pleasant work environment and great travel benefits, but after change of management and practices, not much to like about the company or working conditions anymore.

Cons

New management draconian, abusive, conniving and downright mean-spirited; just always looking for any reason to knock you, belittle you and/or hand out disciplinary action; could really blow any little thing out of proportion. Supervisors would often have you in situations where you would be 'damned if you do, damned if you don't, or you can only take choice A or B in a bad situation, and you will get yelled at/disciplined no matter which one you choose; would even at times ask you to do something and then scream at you for doing exactly what you were asked! (Of course if I didn't, I'm sure they would have been quick to charge me with insubordination!) Held to unrealistically short times to turn aircraft at gate, often without tools needed to do job properly; some staff led to compromise safety for fear of being disciplined/written up if they didn't make the turn time. Airline had horrible contingency planning, sometimes irrationally cancelling our flights when weather conditions not that bad to warrant it, and would leave some customers stranded for up to 5 or 6 days, and without the option to rebook to another airline (Rule 240 like other airlines can). Also, new reservation system full of bugs, IT very slow to fix, would constantly change procedures (for rebooking, ticket changes, etc.) without telling us, and of course, we get blamed for it.

Since you brag about integrity being one of the company's values and hold us to it, maybe you should hold yourself to it in the way you treat your staff; have realistic expectations, understand we are often left in bad situations we can only do so much about, and for those supervisors who abuse their authority and treat staff badly, its time they got a taste of their own medicine.

Great fun place to work at!

I worked at JetBlue full-time

Pros

Flight Benefits! Opportunity to work from home. Good balance of fun activities as well as work.

Cons

Not very easy to advance.

Great company but still working out the kinks internally

Current Employee - Manager  in  New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at JetBlue full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great brand name, flight benefits, culture is great, NY office is awesome

Cons

Depending on the dept the work life balance may not be so great, technology for the support centers has not caught up to the rest of the company

The support centers need some additional attention and some changes have to be made to be more efficient. You cannot continue to grow yet still do things the same way you used to.

This company has changed dramatically........I have been with JetBlue for over 11 years.

Current Employee - In Flight Crew Member
    Current Employee - In Flight Crew Member

I have been working at JetBlue full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Their Care Team is amazing, wonderful people who are very supportive when you need it. You don't see that very often at big companies.

Cons

The REALLY don't care about their Inflight Department, period. Everything is a struggle and if you are on reserve, it can be really tough.

Be the way you used to be.....treat your employees with dignity and respect and in turn you will get better performance from them.

Bait and switch

I have been working at JetBlue full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Travel benefits like any other airline

Cons

They sell you their values but don't embody them.

N/A

Awesome company to work for.

Current Employee - Supervisor Airports
    Current Employee - Supervisor Airports

I have been working at JetBlue full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Promotes from within and really tries to help crew members advance to their highest potential.

Cons

Sometimes you do not share the same views (business related) as your manager and that can affect the work balance.

Do not promote micro managing.

Worked for JetBlue? Contribute to the Community!