Jiffy Lube

Be The First To
Add Photos

Jiffy Lube President Rick Altizer

Rick Altizer

Pros
  • Free oil changes every 3 months after probationary period, and 50% off services at any other time(in 6 reviews)

• Learned a lot from my co workers(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • LOW pay one time raise after 90 days and completion of computer based training(in 13 reviews)

• Upper management has no idea what goes on from store to store, only what the numbers are(in 11 reviews)

Good learning experience

Keyholder (Former Employee) San Jose, CA (US)

ProsNo experience no problem they teach you all you need to know very knowledgeable employees

ConsHectic schedule management could be a little bit more aware of the needs of the employees and concerns

It's good to get your foot in the door

Technician (Current Employee) Pembroke Pines, FL (US)

ProsWork on a variety of cars so you get familiar with different makes and models, exposure to new tools, machines, and diagnosis tools.

ConsCould have a lot of downtime, schedules aren't consistent, on slow days everyone is desperate for work so you may have 5 employees trying to work on one car when it's a single person job.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone that I can think of

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Jiffy Lube need to have better Management

Cashier (Former Employee) Lawrenceville, NJ (US)

ProsIt is a place you can learn about how to maintain your vehicle.

ConsThe challenges are they need to hire better managers.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe management need to hire better managers to run there companies.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

You know they're owned by Pennzoil, right?

CSA (Former Employee)

ProsGood for learning automotive basics.
    Great work if you have a good team.

ConsNo money.
    Hot in the summer, cold in the winter.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay everyone more.

Customer Service Advisor

Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) Fairfax, VA (US)

ProsGood work hours, 40 hours a week. Low pay but with commission. Regional managers care but not branch managers.

ConsNot good branch Management. Favors some employees. Tolerate laziness. Would be great if leadership is good

Advice to Senior ManagementMake staff happy and they will be more productive

A good opportunity but a negative work environment.

Service Manager (Former Employee) Jacksonville, FL (US)

ProsJiffy Lube offers realistic opportunity to move to the top from the bottom.

ConsThe pay is low and employers make most technicians feel unappreciated.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter pay and realistic bonus opportunities. Don't give all the negatives and fail to compliment employees when they do something well.

Assistant general manager

Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) Alpharetta, GA (US)

ProsGood training programs (CBL) , easy promotions and career growth, most people who you would work with would become like family

ConsVery low pay but I guess pretty good for an oil change joint, some very lazy co-workers and high sales goals

Advice to Senior ManagementSometimes too laid back on the guys. Too much "non-work" going on

Treating the bare minimum

ProsStore manager is a pretty good guy

ConsCorporate ignores advice from store level or customers

Empty Wallet. Migraine.

CSA (Current Employee) Saint Louis, MO (US)

ProsYou get a free oil change every three months and discounts on parts through AutoZone or Oriellys.

ConsThe pay is HORRIBLE. They treat their techs like peasants. They want to become a full service shop now of days but not really increase your pay. They'll hire people who are way above expierence, and then they hire people that can't read a dipstick after training still and screw up peoples cars.

Advice to Senior ManagementDear management, take advice from tech's and csa's. All you care about is numbers, but i'm sure if you listened to some of us the CSS score would go up and along with sales. I mean we are the bottom of the todom pole. So we do have ideas that would help improve numbers so our salaries would improve. Also, get out of walmart. Walmart is only making profit on you and causing issues. From listing to guest, they liked it better before Jiffy Lube came in anyways. They aren't fans of your pricing.

I'm sure if you did what valovline does. " if your oil change isn't done in 15 mins its free".
    Maybe that would make your bay times better because people would actually hussle instead of just thinking " its just a oil change place for low pay"

Worst management I've ever seen

General Manager (Current Employee) Kansas City, MO (US)

ProsGood people at the store level. Decent salary. Always something different everyday. Good employee discounts. There are bonus opportunities at the beginning.

ConsNo one give a crap about you at the top. You're a number. That's it. Management changes almost monthly leaving promises made by management unfulfilled. It's impossible to get raised for your crew. Meetings are set up with no notice, mostly on your days off.

Advice to Senior ManagementShow a little concern for people and less for sales.

Worked for Jiffy Lube? Contribute to the Community!