Jones Lang LaSalle

Jones Lang LaSalle Reviews

Updated Jul 29, 2014

Jones Lang LaSalle President, CEO, and Director Colin Dyer

Colin Dyer

Pros
  • Company tends to be cognizant of employees' needs for work/life balance (in 24 reviews)

• Great work environment in which a strong work ethic was highly valued (in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • At times it is difficult to get that work/life balance (in 22 reviews)

• No employee engagement at all; bullying at Senior Management level unless you are part of the team (in 12 reviews)

More Highlights

Dysfunctional

Property Administrator (Former Employee) McLean, VA (US)

ProsI wished I could say something here. They have great benefits.

ConsPersonal growth is nearly impossible as they like to backdoor nearly all their staff. Make sure you set reasonable work load expectations and timeframes.

Advice to Senior ManagementAgain, nothing to say than it took everything I had not to pursue legal action against this company.

Better than other large commercial real estate companies, but not by a lot!

Project Manager (Current Employee) Oakland, CA (US)

ProsJLL is a large company and so has many resources to support your work function. It is generally better run than CBRE, Cushman & Wakefield and most of the other large competition. It also has a large international presence.

ConsBenefits are barely competitive and have been reduced in recent years. Unless you work in the Chicago HQ, there's little opportunity to meet leadership or even fellow employees in other job functions. Internal transfers are very challenging - you have to network as if you were looking for an external job. Like most big companies, HR is there to support management, not the employee.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmployees constantly hear about how well the company is doing but none of that success filters down to the regular employees. Our benefits are generally unchanged or reduced each year and annual raises barely keep up with inflation (2-3%). Instead of putting share holders first, dare to make employees the company's top priority (like the most succesful Silicon Valley companies).

It was great

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsPeople, location, food, atmosphere, and morale

ConsManagement, work life balance, stress

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

good company

Prosgood experience for those who start the career in RE

Consdid not like changes in the management that happened after the crises

Great work experience

Real Estate Broker (Current Employee)

ProsGreat company with multiple lines of work. The people are the globe are great to work with. Great benefits package.

ConsIf not on a good team it is very difficult to be successful. Must have the support of a good team/senior partners.

Overworked and Underpaid

Accounting Associate (Former Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

ProsLarge company with opportunity for internal movement.

ConsThe management is poor. Many of the managers don't know how to manage people and it goes unchecked.

The salaries aren't competitive and hard work isn't rewarded monetarily.

Advice to Senior ManagementTeach your managers how to manage. Also, poor training or completely lacking training in several departments.

Not bad.

Senior Analyst (Current Employee) Seattle, WA (US)

ProsCompany tends to be cognizant of employees' needs for work/life balance. Lots of opportunities to change career paths with management support for professional development.

ConsSalaries are on the low end, but acceptable.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider researching what other firms are paying their employees who perform similar job functions.

Great place to work. Good ethics, Good climate, Good strategy

Business Analyst (Current Employee) Canberra (Australia)

ProsWork-life balance was great. Was able to adjust my working hours to suit my family commitments and work from home when required.

ConsSometime unclear where the company is going. JLL should probably improve communication to the bottom part of the employees.

Great company to work for

ProsAppreciate upper management keeping associates informed

Consnot a great work life balance

Great place to work

Assistant Facilities Manager (Current Employee) Washington, DC (US)

ProsGood people and opportunities to grow

ConsAt times it is difficult to get that work/life balance

Worked for Jones Lang LaSalle? Contribute to the Community!