Kangaroo Express

Updated 29 October 2014
Updated 29 October 2014
2.3

Dennis G. Hatchell

Pros
  • You get to meet a lot of new people as well as get to know you're regulars (in 2 reviews)

• I am full time and management has been fair that i get my hours, (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • under paid , bad upper management no full time no benfits , (in 5 reviews)

• Awful pay, you are lucky if you make more than minimum wage (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Awesome great customer service friendly

I have been working at Kangaroo Express

Pros

friendly Customers being able to make the customers happy and love coming here knowing that it's very clean it's caring

Cons

Rude mean customers bad attitudes

You dont always have to be mean and hard to have great workers

It was a wonderful life learning experience.

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Hoover, AL (US)
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Hoover, AL (US)

I have been working at Kangaroo Express full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I enjoyed meeting all different kinds of people. It was a very diverse group of customers.

Cons

Lack of advancement in career.

No advice to share.

Frustrating

Current Employee - LASM in Jacksonville, FL (US)
    Current Employee - LASM in Jacksonville, FL (US)

I have been working at Kangaroo Express full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There is never shortage of openings

Cons

High turnover, poor management training, very poor information consistency among management from one store to the next, not just in style but in operational standards

Invest time in your management, it will save you a lot of turnover

I have been working at Kangaroo Express

Pros

You meet a lot of people and the work is easy. All work is straight to the point and very easy.

Cons

Many pockets of people always complaining. Drunk customers might be a minus on third shift.

Madness

I have been working at Kangaroo Express

Pros

Free drinks are hardly considered a pro

Cons

No breaks
    Shifts consisting of janitorial, customer service, stocking & cash register duties which your required to do all almost at the same time
    You can't work more then 28 hours a week. At minimum wage after taxes are taken out that's making less then $690 a month, if you get that many.
    I haven't even been here 4 months & the only reason I'm staying is because it's close to home, I'l definetly be leaving soon.
    Even if you make 9$/h your making less then someone working ft @ minimum wage

Allow full time work people have bills to pay and families to feed

Absolutely horrible company to work for.

Current Employee - LAM in Bluffton, SC (US)
    Current Employee - LAM in Bluffton, SC (US)

I have been working at Kangaroo Express full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

You get to meet a lot of new people as well as get to know you're regulars. They can work with you if you need a flexible schedule.

Cons

They do not care about their employees! Everyone is disposable. Turnover is extremely high. They expect way too much from one person on an average shift, and longevity with the company is not rewarded. They do not value their long term employees.

Take pride in your employees. Managers work so hard everyday to try and fulfill kangaroos expectation but it is never enough. Validate your employees hard work.

Unorganized, Unfair, Unjust.

Current Employee - Cashier in Fayetteville, NC (US)
    Current Employee - Cashier in Fayetteville, NC (US)

I have been working at Kangaroo Express part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Free fountain drink, thanks. That is it.

Cons

You get no breaks
    You get no discounts
    You get no offers or specials as an employee
    You cannot work full-time hours unless you are an Assistant Manager or Manager and are limited to hours
    For scheduling, it use to be, employees would give current details of our schedules and the time we could work,then the schedule would be done by the managers. Now its changed to where a computer does it automatically and when requesting a day off, you have to go online and use a website that none of our employees have been taught or shown.

You can't request a day off at home or through the internet or phone, you have to drive all the way to work in order to request a day off.

I also NEVER did request Healthcare or any kind of care from the Company's offers, yet they still Signed me up for their healthcare and have been deducting it from my pay ever since.

This place only takes your time away and doesn't even pay anything. I work minimum wage, but there is no such thing as a raise after one year. I talked to an employee who was there for 2 years and had just recently got a raise, but that raise was only 00.10 cents. A 10 cent raise for 2 years of loyalty.

Do not make a career out of the 'Roo. It's just "Rood" awakening once you start working. 4 months in now, I'm about done. I worked 27 hours last week, they only paid me $70. Yes I clocked in and out every time.

This company gives me more problems than I have given them.

They take away from you more than they give you in the long run.

Change the whole company. I don't know any employee that enjoys work, none.

Great experience and working environment

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Austinville, VA (US)
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Austinville, VA (US)

I worked at Kangaroo Express part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Your regular customers make you feel at home, like having another family.

Cons

Opportunity to advance was put on a freeze. The GM was not a very good one, never took accountability for anything

Make your employees feel like they are important and the work that they do.

Not great but not bad

I have been working at Kangaroo Express full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

If you are willing to learn and work, you can advance into assistant and store manager positions fairly easy.

Cons

The company can often make employees feel like they are cannon fodder, though they have gotten better over the past few years.

Listen to your store managers, most of them know more about whats going on in their store than the DM or RGM.

Was great a over a year ago

Current Employee - Store Manager in Wichita, KS (US)
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Wichita, KS (US)

I have been working at Kangaroo Express full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I get to meet some really great people

Cons

High stress, month's and month's without a day off, absolutely no manager support, low pay, unachievable bonuses, company values don't show in they're actions, the store managers are held completely responsible for lack of senior management. Senior management spends most of the time going on business trips to sales meetings and are often seen at local bars right in town. While the managers need hands and feet on deck.

Hand it over to someone better. Your losing it and you have a lot of great managers and loyal employees counting on you all to get off your rumps and really get to work and see for yourselves. Let your managers manage and get rid of the goalboards, manager walks, AAction plans, we're busy trying to manage our teams and stores. Writing everything down won't bring your money back. Oh yeah and keep politics out of the business. Obama didn't take away full time employees you did. It's important for people to know that this company used to offer medical insurance to part timers as well as full timers and now they don't. No more full time employees either and they blame our President. Also roo cups are not convenient for our guests please try something better.