KidsPeace

Be The First To
Add Photos

William R. Isemann

Positive, collaborative work environment

Clinician I (Current Employee) Carrollton, GA (US)

ProsOpportunity to positively impact at risk youth

ConsLack of support from corporate headquarters

Treatment Team Supervisor

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat team work. Rewarding and energizing work that improved the odds of at risk children by offering treatment.

ConsHighly stressful environment that is mentally taxing.

Great idea but poorly executed facility

Senior Childcare Worker (Former Employee) Ellsworth, ME (US)

ProsLocation is beautiful and staff are amazing for the most part. The potential is there for a great therapeutic environment.

ConsThe staff are mistreated by company and are not valued or rewarded, this thwarts any true therapeutic success for the children.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat the staff as you want the children to be treated, there will be a trickle down effect and the staff will stay much longer. Less money will be spent on training and the overall cost to run the facility will go down.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Get's a bad wrap and many do not see the good done for the children in the community and at large

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Bethlehem, PA (US)

ProsGood Growth opportunity, good training, some staff are very committed to enhancing their work environment and are very professional. I have had good managers and colleagues that work together very well.

ConsThere is no perfect place so I guess it depends on the reviewer. the only con I see is that sometimes they have to rely on individuals who are transient and not truly trying to become professionals in the field that they are working. this is always risky especially when working with children.

Good experience, loved what I did, horrible administration and communication within the company

Child Care Counselor II (Former Employee) Orefield, PA (US)

ProsGive you purpose, great for psych/social work majors, good experience, exposes you to many things, interact with a wide variety of people, hands-on experience, receive a lot of training

ConsDifficult situations, requires much patience, can be a very intense workplace, high turnover rate, administration is very flawed, horrible communication within the company, staff are not treated well by some higher-ups.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind a way to be more organized and communicate more, treat staff more objectively, treat staff with more respect.

very ok

Prosmulti-tasked job-never bored.Always on the go.Between all of our campus sites.There is always a problem that needs to be solved.

Conssalary is not up to local standards. All the work that is required of me constantly on a daily. i a under payed . In the last four years the only thing I have received is a 2% paycut.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommuniction,lack of support.Need the cell phone back.The old radio never work when there is a emergency.E.P.P. / On call pay. EPP is always overtime pay the on call pay is not.Holiday no overtime until after working a full 40 hour week.Epp is overtime no matter what.The on call is for emergencys also?

The place is run by money grubbing incompetent power hungry executives.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Orefield, PA (US)

ProsWorking with the kids is great and rewarding. Support staff, clinicians, etc. were fantastic. Wonderful place to work if it weren't for the attitude and actions of upper management.

ConsUpper management does not have any concern for their workers. Do the job and shut up...you will be okay. And no matter who screws up...it's always he little guys fault. Upper management gives you none of the credit and all of the blame.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet people working their who actually care about their employees instead of greedy arrogant leaders who think they know the answers, but truly couldn't punch their way out of a paper bag....in the minds of these folks....ready, shoot, aim.......knee jerk reactions and unfounded bs they blame on us.....oh and they just fired a ton of people because of hearsay and caused more harm than what they blamed the employees for.

Manage troubled youth.

Youth Care Worker (Current Employee) Buhl, MN (US)

ProsMedsabi Academy is a treatment center for troubled youth. The turnover is very high for both staff and clients. you will have two weeks of training and half of that is dealing with crisis management. This includes deescalation and restraining type holds for when the clients start fighting each other or fighting staff. The ages range from roughly 13 to 21. They all have their programs and most take medication that you would have to distribute if you make it 6 months. There is a lot of room to move up within Mesabi Academy and since it is corporate and ran by Kidspeace you can have a career through them. Most dont though. If you can handle the overnights thats the way to go. You get paid the same as day staff and will allow unlimited overtime.

ConsMay get beat up by clients. Some have been sent to the hospital. Will call you asking you to pick up shifts pretty much once you walk out the door and wont remember the sacrifices you make for the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementShow more recognition. Be more open to advice.

Disheartening, no matter how much or how hard you worked you only heard from management when you made a mistake

Registered Nurse (Former Employee) Orefield, PA (US)

ProsExcellent co workers many extremely dedicated to the kids
    Helping kids

ConsNo raises for multiple years
    No feeling that staff are appreciated
    Will ask you to work more OT than humanly possible and if your performance suffers you will hear about it.
    Reactionary policy
    you risk assault on the job

Advice to Senior ManagementStop writing people up for calling out sick when its because you are burning them out and start praising your MVPs The same as you want them to do for the kids reward the good. Pay your managers enough to keep one for more than a year.

A good place to work in the child welfare arena

ProsThis company has been around for over 130 years and has a solid reputation for being one of the best in helping kids in crisis. It's gratifying to know that you're making a difference in the lives of children and families.

ConsChild Welfare is a tough business to be in these days, with many changes and challenges happening on the Federal, State,and Local levels. KidsPeace hasn't escaped the impacts

Worked for KidsPeace? Contribute to the Community!