Kimberly-Clark

Kimberly-Clark Reviews

Updated Jul 27, 2014

Kimberly-Clark Chairman, President, and CEO Tom Falk

Tom Falk

Pros
  • KC allows for ample growth opportunities and encourages a healthy work-life balance (in 52 reviews)

• There is a lot of great people to learn from (in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • Too slow, awful performance management system, far too much bureaucracy (in 14 reviews)

• The Field Sales offices do not have as much work-life balance flexibility (in 12 reviews)

More Highlights

Kimberly Clark is the best company for freshers to work

Graduate Apprentice Engineer (Former Employee) Pune

ProsThe best reasons to work there is good work environment, very supportive seniors, good salary as compared to other company, appreciation of work irrespective of the hierarchical position of employees.

ConsIn India there is very little scope of promotion.
    Usually promotion is not justified as generally people who do not work too much and get promotion just because they are close to upper management.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease don't let the experienced employee leave the organisation try to negotiate

Its great to work with Kimberly Clark Lever Ltd.

Manager (Current Employee) Pune

ProsGreater Responsibility
    Good Exposure
    Work Life Balance

ConsPeople should be more accountability for their responsibility

Advice to Senior ManagementEnsure people are accountable for their responsibility

very nice to work with company

Business Analyst (Current Employee) Pune

Prosvery good culture and flexible to work

Consno cons as such i have seen

Advice to Senior Managementkeep it up

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

innovative and entrepreneur-like Global company with a smaller organization feel, valueing employees and their famlies

ProsKC has a fast paced culture, one that believes in developing their employees, furthering them in their career path. A strong, stable organization that creates innovative products that make our lives easier. Products that you can be passionate about, a culture that cares about employees and their communities, both locally and internationally.

ConsAs with many larger organizations, can be restructurings that go on regulary. But that actually can be a good thing as well.

Advice to Senior Managementdoes an overall great job in developing teams, listening to employees. Perhaps additional training or support in the beginning.

Great Experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosgreat experience pleasant work environment

Consnone that i have seen

Great Company

Financial Analyst (Former Employee) Roswell, GA (US)

ProsI loved working. They really train their people in-depth. There are many opportunities for hands-on experiences and leadership.

ConsIt is very difficult to communicate cross-functionally at times. It can also seem a little unorganized at times as well.

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

An employer dedicated to building talent

ProsKimberly-Clark has provided more than I could have asked for in terms of building my personal talent and giving me the opportunity to build the talent of those I work with. As an employer, Kimberly-Clark takes care of those employers who are willing to work hard. There is a definite sense of family in this company and its easy to see why one can have a lifetime of work and opportunities at Kimberly-Clark.

ConsThe workplace is what you make of it: if you don't look for opportunities to grow, you won't find them. Some may see Kimberly-Clark as having an "old school" mentality because the company has been around for so long. The decor is dated in some offices and employees may feel uninspired by this. BUT...there is a big initiative around this issue and most people have the option of working remotely anyway!

Advice to Senior ManagementAn individual development plan is not just another form to fill out. Encourage your team members to develop strong goals around education, exposure and experience. After doing so, help them feel empowered to reach those goals. You're only as strong as the team you lead, so build your capabilities.

Career growth opportunity

ProsDynamic and innovative culture and working with top notch people.

ConsMay need to travel and/or relocate to get ahead. One large campus not in a large enough city.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork-life balance is appreciated but the further up you go the harder it is to achieve.

Kimberly-Clark has great brands, passionate people and prides itself on work-life balance.

Senior Category Development Analyst (Current Employee) Boston, MA (US)

ProsK-C has great brands and is respected in the CPG industry. They pay really well and we have access to a number of different tools to help us do our jobs. K-C really prides itself on work-life balance allowing employees to have flexible schedules or work locations.

ConsAs with any company, if you don't want to relocate there may be limited opportunities for advancement in certain areas. Although they pay well up front, annual merit increases tend to be very minimal. Sometimes the amount of information and tools available can actually be overwhelming and difficult to sort through to find what you need.

Advice to Senior ManagementCompensating us as ONE National team as opposed to individual teams would break down the collaboration barriers that we currently face. Individual customer teams are reluctant to share with others as they feel like they are in competition with them. My previous employer changed their compensation structure in this manner and after the first year of some discomfort everyone really began to come together as ONE team under the premise of ONE team, ONE number! We need to stop competing with ourselves and come together to compete with other companies!

Great people, interesting work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Neenah, WI (US)

ProsKC has been a great company to learn about Finance, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Marketing and the interconnectedness of a global business. I have thoroughly enjoyed my co-workers, appreciate the relative work-life balance, commitment to employee wellness and strong ethical culture. The candid, supportive nature of my team has helped me improve as an employee and as a person giving me experience that I can apply outside of the work place as well. I can hardly think of a better company to begin my career with.

ConsThe location is not always my favorite, but it certainly isn't bad if you like smaller towns. The current compensation structure tends to be encouraging a promote up or leave type culture.

Advice to Senior ManagementExpecting more and paying average does not always work well when trying to retain "top talent"

Worked for Kimberly-Clark? Contribute to the Community!