Kimberly-Clark

Updated 15 August 2014

3.8

Kimberly-Clark Chairman, President, and CEO Tom Falk
Tom Falk

Pros
  • KC allows for ample growth opportunities and encourages a healthy work-life balance (in 52 reviews)

• There is a lot of great people to learn from (in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • Too slow, awful performance management system, far too much bureaucracy (in 14 reviews)

• The Field Sales offices do not have as much work-life balance flexibility (in 12 reviews)

More Highlights

An employer dedicated to building talent

Pros

Kimberly-Clark has provided more than I could have asked for in terms of building my personal talent and giving me the opportunity to build the talent of those I work with. As an employer, Kimberly-Clark takes care of those employers who are willing to work hard. There is a definite sense of family in this company and its easy to see why one can have a lifetime of work and opportunities at Kimberly-Clark.

Cons

The workplace is what you make of it: if you don't look for opportunities to grow, you won't find them. Some may see Kimberly-Clark as having an "old school" mentality because the company has been around for so long. The decor is dated in some offices and employees may feel uninspired by this. BUT...there is a big initiative around this issue and most people have the option of working remotely anyway!

An individual development plan is not just another form to fill out. Encourage your team members to develop strong goals around education, exposure and experience. After doing so, help them feel empowered to reach those goals. You're only as strong as the team you lead, so build your capabilities.

Great people, interesting work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Neenah, WI (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Neenah, WI (US)

Pros

KC has been a great company to learn about Finance, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Marketing and the interconnectedness of a global business. I have thoroughly enjoyed my co-workers, appreciate the relative work-life balance, commitment to employee wellness and strong ethical culture. The candid, supportive nature of my team has helped me improve as an employee and as a person giving me experience that I can apply outside of the work place as well. I can hardly think of a better company to begin my career with.

Cons

The location is not always my favorite, but it certainly isn't bad if you like smaller towns. The current compensation structure tends to be encouraging a promote up or leave type culture.

Expecting more and paying average does not always work well when trying to retain "top talent"

Good company

Pros

Good company benefits are offered

Cons

Large company sometimes hard to be in loop

Encouraged to promote flexibility.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

OK

Current Employee - Financial Analyst  in  Brighton, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Brighton, England (UK)

Pros

I've had good experiences. Although long term opportunities look very sparse as they are continually shrinking their organisational structure.

Cons

More focus on management systems, rather than focusing on getting things done.

A place where I can be myself.

Current Employee - Human Resources Specialist  in  Atlanta, GA (US)
    Current Employee - Human Resources Specialist in Atlanta, GA (US)

Pros

Kimberly-Clark is working to maintain a diverse workforce and ensure that people of all backgrounds and lifestyles are comfortable at work. I've always felt that the uniqueness that I bring to the table is accepted and valued.

Cons

As with many large manufacturing companies, growing your career can sometimes require relocations outside of your comfort zone.

Continue investing in employees who are currently in entry level roles. These sponsorships are what keep them invested in K-C and help inspire them to give more within their everyday roles.

good company to work

Current Employee - Information Security Engineer  in  Neenah, WI (US)
    Current Employee - Information Security Engineer in Neenah, WI (US)

Pros

diversity, many internal opportunities, great people

Cons

location, bureaucratic, slow, averse to risk

review

Current Employee - Financial Analyst  in  Roswell, GA (US)
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Roswell, GA (US)

Pros

very good culture at KC

Cons

can get pigeon holed in one function

Great place to work with many opportunities for growth!

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

Pros

Allow opportunities for cross-functional promotions in order to become a well rounded business leader

Cons

Seniors leaders have been coming and going too often.

A great place to advance your skills and move around the country.

Pros

Strong market share with iconic products gives you a feeling of success. You are well-respected in the industry.

Cons

Difficult to react quickly to customer needs due to amount of red-tape at corporate.

Hold managers accountable for the success of their team. Calibration is demoralizing and unfair due to the forced ratings.

A great company made up of great people

Pros

- Helped achieve my personal goals. Ex: When I had a personal family issue come up, they worked with me on finding a role in the location where I needed to be at that time.
    - One KC Behaviors align with my own values. This makes it a lot easier to get along with coworkers and to also deliver results more effectively.
    - Fun coworkers & a casual work environment (can wear jeans everyday as long as you're not meeting with a customer).
    - Great leaders who are passionate and insightful.
    - Leadership encourages leveraging your strengths and continually improving your skills and capabilities.
    - Development options for employees: Mentoring, Reverse Mentoring, training, special interest groups, performance development plans connected into objectives.

Cons

- I would love KC to be even more progressive with their employees. The new work generation demands less boundaries, so be open to more employees working remote, working in non-standard locations, etc. Great strides have been made so far, so don't be afraid to push the envelope even more.
    - Sometimes big companies can bring about more complexity or more red tape. Keep it simple.

Stay connected to the various levels of the organization, and feel free to share throughout the organization what's going on at your level.

Worked for Kimberly-Clark? Contribute to the Community!