Kindercare

Kindercare Reviews

Updated Jul 28, 2014

Kindercare CEO Elanna S. Yalow

Elanna S. Yalow

Pros
  • It's a joy working with children and creating relationships with families (in 9 reviews)

• Great families and children, very rewarding to watch the children grow (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • High turnover rate of teachers due to low pay (in 14 reviews)

• Abusive Upper-Management especially at a regional level (in 9 reviews)

More Highlights

KinderCare doesn't care

Infant Teacher (Former Employee) Columbus, OH (US)

ProsI loved working with the kids

Consthe kids are the best part of everything.

Advice to Senior Managementneed better leaders

Needs help

ProsLove the kids
    Guaranteed a laugh once a day

ConsNot enough support or training

Advice to Senior ManagementLook at the place as a stepping stone for people and not a lifetime career if you are not paying the teacher correctly

Substandard environment for teachers and students.

Lead Teacher (Former Employee) Germantown, TN (US)

ProsBeing able to provide a safe learning environment is the best part about working there. Teaching the children how to effectively interact with eachother and the world around them is incredibly satisfying.

ConsIt is difficult to provide and maintain structure in the classroom as the director is continuously shuffling the students around in order to keep teachers off the clock.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus should be on hiring qualified, caring teachers who are capable of educating and caring for the students in the best most effective manner.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good intentions

Lead Teacher I (Former Employee) Woodridge, IL (US)

ProsDiverse group of children
    Director really cared about the kids
    Get to inspire young minds

ConsEmployee drama with all women
    Pay is a bit low but you can get raises

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on the children, always!

Wonderful

School Age Teacher (Current Employee) Lynnwood, WA (US)

ProsThe people are exceptionally nice and very helpful. They were welcoming and friendly to someone new to the state and job.

ConsThere is not much room for growth in a daycare setting.

Overall OK place to work.

Lead Infant Teacher (Current Employee) Omaha, NE (US)

ProsThe teachers truly do care about the children there.

ConsHigh turnover rate of teachers due to low pay.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe teachers work hard for the company, they need to be better paid.

Under appreciated

ProsLove the families and children.

ConsUnder paid, under valued, over worked.

love the kids and teachers but hate the way it is run

Daycare Teacher (Current Employee)

ProsLove watching the children learn and grow.Most of the teachers are great to work with. Lots of wonderful parents.

ConsNo swings, bouncy seats or exersaucers for infants. Highchairs were replaced by lowchairs so the babies touch eachothers food. Very unhealthy lots of germs spread. Babies on the floor pulling hair and scratching eachother. They only care about money.

Advice to Senior ManagementAsk teachers and parent what is best for the children not someone sitting behind a desk thats never worked with children.

Horrible Boss`

Assistant Director (Former Employee) Memphis, TN (US)

ProsI loved working with the kids, they were what truly made the job enjoyable.

ConsMy boss was horrible. She was more concerned about numbers than the children. She would have me make her food from the kitchen and then get mad if anyone else did the same. If we put coffee out for the parents, staff was not permitted to drink it. If someone else covered for you on your day off, you were still responsible for their actions. The extra learning classes (spanish, cooking) never happend like they were supposed to, parents paid extra for these classes but because of poor scheduling, an entire class would receive the class because I had to do it for everyone not just the few who paid for it.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on the children and get better management.

Keep Looking

Kindergarten Teacher (Former Employee) Folsom, CA (US)

ProsThe children. Thats about it. No one goes into preschool education thinking that its going to be easy or lucrative, but the best thing from the day is the children -- if only teachers of the youngest were appreciated.

ConsI left because of the lack of timing payment of overtime. when you make so little, that extra is essential in making ends meat. It was not a warm place to work, but rather you felt the stress of a corporation EVEN though the focus should be the children.

Advice to Senior ManagementSupport your teachers without talking about the monetary bottom-line you have to deal with. If you didnt make your enrollment quota, then support your teachers not share the administrative pressures on them. Its poor management.

Worked for Kindercare? Contribute to the Community!