Knowledge Delivery Systems

Knowledge Delivery Systems Reviews

Updated Jul 06, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

In essence, a failing company, no fun to work at.

ProsI am trying to think of positives. The Tech team appears to have fun and are a close knit group, probably because they're sardined in a tiny windowless room that looks like it should be for storage.

There was a keurig machine they let you use "for free", though I heard the CEO complained about that costing too much.

I suppose the location is ok, easy to get to. The offices however are dumpy, and seem cramped.

The really only positive is there are a lot of really nice people working there.

ConsThe executives are 100% to a man, arrogant (a given usually in that job) and total jerks. It seems that they are barely keeping their heads above water, even though they got some minimal VC funding recently.

Strange things happen, like employees are escorted out crying, then an email comes out saying "that person chose to move on, we wish them the best". Then, the manager responsible for this person is seen laughing and dancing around in glee because she "got someone fired". What kind of behavior is that?

As I said, office is dumpy. Internet is slow. General air of dissatisfaction about the place. From the CEOs weird speeches to the office, everyone should focus solely on money and working more, even though all the marketing material says we're "about helping the children". No one has ever articulated a mission or a message that we are about.

ZERO company culture. CEO had no idea this was something he was responsible for. Simply a salesman, like many CEOs. Most of those types fail.

Benefits are not good. No 401k match. From what I understand, raises weren't given out for 4 years then when funding happened, below market raises across the board, even for people who weren't performing. Is that even a plus?

Sales force has a lot of turnover. But that's nothing new.

Salaries seem below market. Hear lots of complaints about that. And you should see the bathrooms. They're like prison bathrooms.

Advice to Senior ManagementFigure out what kind of company you want to be. IBM? A Start-Up? Stop letting everyone on the executive "team" give widely varying direction to everyone--in other words come up with your strategy and agree on it. Pay people at least average market salaries. Stop hiring tons of VPs that don't appear to offer added value (beyond hiring other people to do their jobs).

Considering working for KDS?

(Former Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsEasygoing atmosphere, flexible hours, good location.

ConsExtremely poor communication from management, archaic software and e-classroom, close-minded management, terrible air circulation in the office, strange environment where being an individual is frowned upon. Also, mysterious layoffs and people who disappear without giving any notice whatsoever because they are unhappy with the working conditions.

Advice to Senior ManagementCheck references before hiring anyone, be honest and upfront with prospective employees, update your e-classroom, look to the future more instead of the past, and don't rely as much on potential new investors to help the company make ends meet. The company should also pay more attention to things like budgets and fiscal year planning, as well as training. For a company focused on education, they don't seem to know anything about it, or practice what they preach.

Worked for Knowledge Delivery Systems? Contribute to the Community!