Kohler

www.kohler.com

Kohler Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014

Kohler Chairman and CEO Herbert V. Kohler Jr.

Herbert V. Kohler Jr.

Pros
  • Good benefits and flexible working time (in 9 reviews)

• Friendly and helpful co-workers (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • very little training or advice from upper management (in 11 reviews)

• Not much analysis goes into decision making in strategic sourcing (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

Learned a lot of things!

Intern (Former Employee) Aurangābād, Maharashtra

ProsFlexible environment, friendly people. Down to earth leaders leading the company makes it easy to work out things that are in your an company's favor.

ConsTime constraint and quality work is expected from all the companies but here you have to deliver those thing in very framed way, as company focuses on those things.

Excellent company!

Hrd (Current Employee) New Delhi

ProsTruly global company
    Manage change well
    HR processes

ConsPolicy administration
    Slow decision making
    yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes

Advice to Senior ManagementSpeeden the India story

Much more to learning, great/friendly colleagues, very bad HR department

Quality Engineer (Former Employee) Bharūch

ProsLearning, inovative work, responsibility, great friendly colleagues

ConsHR policies, incentives, work culture, politics, HR department

Advice to Senior ManagementMake more employee friendly HR policies, better incentives & benefits

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Other than Salary Its work environment Sucks!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Bharūch

ProsSalary on time, upraise and appreciation in time
    Atleast for the first 2 years !!

Cons- Bad work environment
    - Too much work due to miss-management
    - Less involvement of top management and Top management does not give authority of making decisions
    - Managers trying to be local boss in each department.
    - No upgrade in post unless u put resign.
    - Cannot bypass just above boss and inform his seniors that my boss is doing some stupidity !!

Advice to Senior ManagementSolve all the Cons I know its not easy but let it start
    STOP THROWING PRESSURE ON LOWER LEVEL WORKING PEOPLE

Good platform to set sail for all fields

Engineer Co-Op (Current Employee) Kohler, WI (US)

ProsCo-workers all willing to help and answer questions. Good benefits and flexible working time. Big company for those seeking for good opportunities and improvement

ConsManagement need to be changed or optimized. Efficiency is low between communications in teams.

So close to being a great employer

Leader (Former Employee) Kohler, WI (US)

ProsBrand recognition and pride. High caliber of employees with a strong work ethic and energy. Clear and well known core competencies that are pervasive from one business unit to another.

ConsThe Human Resources organization is lead by a family member who does not understand employee engagement. Decisions and policies are based on "how things look" rather than doing the right things. There is no accountability. The Kohler Learning Organization's turnover in the past decade is a testament to the cultural collision between wanting to do the right thing, and the HR leadership's insistence on the contrary.

Great products and chances to develop, but management is from the Stone Age.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Kohler, WI (US)

ProsHighly respected company in the market.
    Well-designed products.
    People in the trenches work hard.
    You can be proud of the work you do here (if you ignore the petty politics).

ConsTop-down management style creates an atmosphere of distrust that filters down into teams and affects attitudes and productivity.
    Managers have their own secret agendas and actively compete with each other.
    Decisions are made by management in a vacuum with very little feedback or input from those affected.
    Employee development messaging is off-kilter from reality. We're trained to "own it" and take responsibility, but then aren't allowed to.

Advice to Senior ManagementWalk the talk. Trust the people you hire and practice what you preach about valuing emotional intelligence and other progressive workplace philosophies.

Engineering decisions based on fear of being reported to HR not DATA

Senior Supplier Quality Engineer (Former Employee) Kohler, WI (US)

ProsGreat Colleagues & great benefits.

ConsEngineering decisions based on fear of being reported to HR not by thorough DATA analysis. I worked on a project and after thorough analysis of the quality data & flawed customer service data there appeared not to be a problem the product quality manager was reporting. Customer service data that they were in charge of was 65% wrong & after actually reading the complaint logs, which they FAILED to do, there were minimal issues and only due to customer installation errors. I was asked to make the change any way because they "felt" they were correct. The design engineer told me, "do what they say otherwise they will report you to HR". My manager told me to, "just do what she says otherwise she will cause problems".

I stood my ground and made a case that by data analysis this is my decision and I dismissed the reported issues and included my very detailed report. I made suggestions to correct the issues and did further studies on the failure of the customer service reporting. I was reported to HR.......

Advice to Senior ManagementDo some analysis on how many time people are reported to HR and by who. Making the hard decisions for the business sometimes will not make everyone happy.

Kohler Kitchen and Bath

ProsPrivate company with a long term vision.

ConsOpportunities for global alignment.

Highly diversified and innovative company to work for.

ProsPrivate, international, well-known, innovative, respected.

ConsCompensation, decision making process, collabration isn't as strong as it should be.

Worked for Kohler? Contribute to the Community!