LanguageLine Solutions

Updated 29 October 2014
2.3

LanguageLine Solutions President & CEO Scott W. Klein
Scott W. Klein

Pros
  • I work from home I don't care about paid holiday or sick leave (in 69 reviews)

• I'm able to work from home and able to help people (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • No benefits either or anything to show appreciation (in 25 reviews)

• Low salary (minimum wage) , No benefits, No paid vacation or sickness (in 18 reviews)

More Highlights

Flexible hours, reliable employer

Current Employee - Interpreter
    Current Employee - Interpreter

I have been working at LanguageLine Solutions as a contractor (more than 10 years)

Pros

I have worked for this company for over a decade and they have always paid me on time. In the language sector that is a very valuable aspect. I have gotten a steady flow of calls from them. All in all, it's a very reliable company to contract with.

Cons

No raises. They have not once raised my rates in the entire time I have worked there. It would be nice to have a more traditional career path that interpreters can follow. As it stands right now, it is a dead end street. You give your time, you receive your check.

good company

Current Employee - Interpreter in Monterey, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Interpreter in Monterey, CA (US)

I have been working at LanguageLine Solutions full-time (more than an year)

Pros

very stable job, very respectfull for employees

Cons

pay is too low, work load too much

give everybody a raise

The company without leadership.

Current Employee - None Spanish Medical Interpreter -work At Home in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I have been working at LanguageLine Solutions part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

No office to go to.

Cons

No way to talk to other interpreters as a group to share and steam out with each other. They need to provide group telephonic meetings to hear the issues such as the bad phone system they purchased and why they areosing clients?

Talk to the backbone of your business meaning the interpreters.

Interpreter at Language Line Solutions

I have been working at LanguageLine Solutions part-time

Pros

can work at home in any place
    flexible schedule, can change schedule

Cons

no pay raises, have been working here for 3 years
    Very few phone calls.
    Even they don't have as many hone calls, but they kept hiring new people.

Stop hiring new people if you do not have enough phone calls for everyone!

Great pay, great management

I have been working at LanguageLine Solutions

Pros

Very laidback management, great friends and people and opportunity to meet and make friends with people. Job satisfaction and great pay, benefits and vacations as well as 401k.

Cons

Sometimes good friends you make will not be there the next day which is a huge blow when you know them for a long time, sometimes its really slow and nothing to do but read and read.

Good company to work for, supervisors are very helpful and friendly.

Former Employee - Interpreter in El Paso, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Interpreter in El Paso, TX (US)

I worked at LanguageLine Solutions part-time (more than an year)

Pros

You can choose your own schedule, you can work from home.

Cons

On busy days, it can become stressful to interpret call after call.

Better than unemplyment benefits...barely

Current Employee - CSI INTERPRETER in Houston, TX (US)
    Current Employee - CSI INTERPRETER in Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at LanguageLine Solutions part-time (more than an year)

Pros

No commute.No money spend on transportation.No money spend on things you would need for a regular jib (clothes,shoes etc)

Cons

Money not spend on transportation is spend on other items such as paper,pens,bills (light,internet and portion of phone bill). Mininum wage pay if working in certain schedules.No communication.No help,no guidance,no paid time off,no vacation time, no holidays off.Every absense counts as a bad negative mark.Everything is blamed on interpreter (dropped calls,angry clients(even if its due to hold time to get to us),systemn not working,calls that are lost or not picked up due to glitches (alot of glitches)in their faulty system.Again no communication between any department,everyone says something else,no clear answers from anyone.Takes forever to respond to anything.LLS truly does not care about its employees or clients for that matter.Alot hiring is being done out of the country and those interpreters are being rushed to get "qualified"to receive all types of very important sensitve calls (medical,legal) even if they have no prior knowledge or exp which could be very dangerous.I am a US interpreter and they failed me eventhough I am a certified medical interprter in my home state and most likely it is becuase of the increse in pay.I still get medical calls just not pay so they are very unfair.Alot of discrepancies in check,must keep close eye on it.No moving up.Ever.No increse in pay.Ever.Unless you get "qualified"to receive all calls,whcih is next to impossible unless you are out of country.Gives all OT to out of country employees.If cuts are needed they only cut US employees.

Please train other departments more throughly.Just like with INT,agents,SLS,IOMs everyone should be monitored and rated on their services.Please keep everyone informed.An email send to every employee when theres changes or any important information to be shared could be the only way to get correct information to everyone without it being somehow changed after going through so many people.Provide at least a couple of days where employees can call off without fear of getting a warning or threat to get fired.

Its a revolver door company,

Current Employee - Arabic All Call Interpreter in Monterey, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Arabic All Call Interpreter in Monterey, CA (US)

I have been working at LanguageLine Solutions full-time (more than an year)

Pros

work from home no commute.

Cons

Lack of Management, Lack of communications, company policies applied on employees only, you will have to move mountains to make the management respond to your emails. In my case, my resignation letter made them respond.
    It is like going through hell for your vacation time to approved and at the end it will be given to as an "approved absence". Lack of coordination, lack of communication. Good job for GED holders, actually that is what they want. They don't care about the services provided to the Clients as they let their best employees quit their jobs easily. No raise, no future promotions, no future in this company. Wasted 18 months in this death trap, not going to waste anymore time. My pay was not bad comparing to the others, but still too low for my skills.

Pay attention to your interpreters, supervisors will not bring you the revenues as the interpreters do. Honor your company policy towards your interpreter and their rights. Honor your interpreter's requests and emails by a simple email even if with two sentence but in time.

Good work experience, very tense work environment

I worked at LanguageLine Solutions full-time

Pros

Got a lot of experience with interpretation and general customer service, and working from home you do save a lot of money and gas.

Cons

Low pay, everything that happens ie, you get sick,phone broke, got 5 minutes late is stacked against you in form of a formal warning and eventually everyone gets fired, because you can't go a full year with a perfect attendance record.

Increase pay and be just be more comprehensive with the interpreters who are running the company.

Decent Company

Current Employee - Supervisor in Panamá (Panama)
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Panamá (Panama)

I have been working at LanguageLine Solutions full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Pros where the OT hrs and benefits, basically you get what you give don't expect much but offer stability

Cons

Adherence and calls, try to show employees you care, no that they are all just numbers and quality scores. I believe also certain calls we handle that are not suited for the pay grade.

Just be a bit more humane

LanguageLine Solutions Photos