Legacy Health System

Add Photos

Legacy Health System President & CEO George J. Brown

George J. Brown

Excellent Benefits

Staff Nurse (RN) (Former Employee)

I worked at Legacy Health System full-time for more than 3 years

ProsExcellent benefits, high standard of behavior

Consthe employees vacation and sick hours come out of the same bank, thus it encourages staff to come to work sick, in order to save Paid Time Off for vacations. No clinical ladder for nurses.

Top down management

I have been working at Legacy Health System for more than 8 years

ProsThe quality of care is excellent.

ConsTop down management is not aware of the great potential of the staff it employs. There is little room for professional advancement.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to recognize and utilize the skill set of employees.

Great hospital system to work for. Lots of opportunities.

I have been working at Legacy Health System

ProsAwesome pay and benefits, usually well-staffed, great physicians and nurses to work with, clean facility. Many opportunities to move around within the system.

ConsBecause of the location of emanuel and good sam, there are a lot of alcoholics and drug addicts. They're not always the most pleasant patients and it makes for a lot of social work headaches. Personally for me, the hospital is a little far from my home. Traffic sucks.

They don't understand how to listen to employees.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Legacy Health System full-time for more than 10 years

ProsOK benefits, nice facilities, co-workers are family

ConsDevastating staff cuts over the years. Poor holiday schedules. Unfair HR

Advice to Senior ManagementYou say you listen to you staff but very rarely do you act on the suggestions.

Oncology services not standard of care

Physician (Former Employee)

I worked at Legacy Health System full-time for more than 3 years

ProsEveryone is nice at Legacy facilities. There seems to be good comradery between physicians and staff, with a less formal feeling than at other institutions in the area.

ConsThe pay is low for the area. The executive management doesn't make good decisions. They lose their best doctors as a result. Some of the doctors they promote in their media don't practice standard of care. This makes it difficult to take their medical care seriously.

Advice to Senior ManagementWin back your great doctors. Take some risks. Listen to your employees. Be careful about who you promote in the media, because it is wide local knowledge that one of your "stars" practices outside the standard of care. The rest of the community has to deal with the problems caused by this physician's poor judgment masquerading as avant-garde care. This is widely known except, it seems, at Legacy.

Overall good company providing good care for the area. Can be very bureaucratic at times.

Occupational Therapist (Current Employee)

I have been working at Legacy Health System part-time for more than 5 years

ProsSome extremely excellent staff providing quality patient care.

ConsNot much room for advancement. Managers stick to numbers rather than focusing on what COULD provide the very best patient care -- people are more important than numbers.

Advice to Senior ManagementOther than my direct manager...I don't really feel like management exists.

Excellent

Systems Analyst (Current Employee)

I have been working at Legacy Health System full-time for more than 5 years

Prosgreat company to work for

Consdo not know at this time

Great colleagues

Registered Nurse (Former Employee)

I worked at Legacy Health System as a contractor for less than a year

ProsWell organized, dedicated staff, administration somewhat disorganized

Consparking a problem, collaboration across departments not very good.

Dinosaur with good heart

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Legacy Health System full-time

ProsMany very dedicated employees with huge hearts and amazing talent.

ConsMost arrogant Hospital Administrators I have ever seen.
Horrendous vacation package.

Advice to Senior ManagementShake it up a bit and get out of the rut!!

Exceptional medical care, underpaid employees

Management (Former Employee)

I worked at Legacy Health System full-time for more than 10 years

ProsExcellent medical care for children, trauma and burn patients. They provide services not available anywhere else in the PAC NW.

ConsThe pay is seriously under market and they refuse to acknowledge it. They appease staff and managers by doing market reviews and never take into account the significantly higher differentials and benefits paid by Providence and Kaiser. They are consistently understaffed and the medical team is frequently under distress trying to figure out how to handle the toughest workloads and shortest staffing ever seen. Management listens but doesn't readily act. Ultimately it's not a lot more than lip service.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou need to develop some real backbone to deal with employee behavior issues. Managers have little to nothing to stand upon and have been emotionally and physically threatened for trying to discipline. It took forever to actually terminate people that had YEARS of documented incidents in their files and in some instances had caused real patient harm. The service is amazing. You provide a great deal of charity care and the good employees that are there need fair compensation for a change. They are grossly under compensated and leaving for better benefits across town. Going elsewhere makes one realize how much staff are supported by other sites in staff and not continue sully worrying about walking into shifts where they are doing the work of 2-3 people. Legacy is lucky more serious harm has not been caused by their continual short staffing and under recruitment to hire into open positions.

Worked for Legacy Health System? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Legacy Health System reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Legacy Health System CEO George J. Brown. All 39 reviews are posted anonymously by Legacy Health System employees.