LexisNexis Legal & Professional

LexisNexis Legal & Professional Reviews in New York City, NY US

Updated Jul 11, 2014

LexisNexis Legal & Professional CEO Mike Walsh

Mike Walsh

Pros
  • Family-oriented culture which gives way to a satisfying work-life balance(in 67 reviews)

• Company was very flexible with people wanting to work from home(in 48 reviews)

Cons
  • Inept executive board and senior management attitude destroying a once-proud company(in 61 reviews)

• Lack of leadership from upper management and lack of clear direction for my particular BU(in 50 reviews)

62 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great place to work and grow

Product Manager (Current Employee) New Providence, NJ (US)

ProsWorked with lots of bright people. Lot's of opportunity to grow along a career path.

ConsLack of leadership from upper management and lack of clear direction for my particular BU

Advice to Senior ManagementDo more to keep talented people in the business.

The culture and immediate management made for an excellent working environment.

M&A Analyst (Former Employee) New Providence, NJ (US)

ProsThe benefits of working for an industry giant like LexisNexis include the ability to profit off of the interaction of multiple business elements to produce new and interesting products from individual groups.

ConsAn overall focus from upper management on outsourcing key tasks overseas leads not only to job instability, but a certain sloppiness and inaccuracy of data as well.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on employee development and less so on outsourcing.

Promises…Promises

Senior Designer (Former Employee) New Providence, NJ (US)

ProsBenefits of the company are good, time-off is average for the company. Nice thing was summer hours where you could work more during the week and leave early on friday.

ConsCompany didn't know what they were in terms of direction, they would tell the employees one thing and the next day it was something else. Management had no idea what most of the teams did, how long projects took, and no training was provided. Promotions were discussed, and promised to employees but were never issued.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend some time with your employees and understand what they do, so you can provide them with the training and equipment needed to perform above and beyond their duties.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Account Excecutive

Account Manager (Current Employee) New Providence, NJ (US)

Pros- Good for college grad looking for experience. Get out after a few years.

Cons- No Vision
    - Horrible products, Too Expensive, Hard Sell
    - Low Moral

Advice to Senior ManagementStop hiring expensive consulting agencies. Ask your client base and staff what can be done to make the company better.

Excellent

Administrative (Former Employee) Newark, NJ (US)

ProsGood people, helpful and friendly

ConsI have no cons to submit

Advice to Senior ManagementYou're the best

Very good company to work with

Lead (Current Employee) New York, NY (US)

Pros* Work culture is good
    * Salary is good
    * Environment is positive
    * Benefits are great

ConsI do not see any cons yet..

Good people but constant restructuring / layoffs

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsSome really good and smart people. Pay is pretty good/competitive

ConsConstant restructuring and layoffs; lots of processes to get approvals from multiple layers including parent company which makes things move painstakingly slow

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to create a more stable environment

It was a complete nightmare. Watch your back--there may be a knife there.

Senior CopyWriter (Former Employee) New Providence, NJ (US)

ProsGreat benefits. Fantasic health insurance and entire package.

ConsThe worst corporate culture I've ever experienced in more than 20 years work. Just awful. Cliques, mean people, bad managers, blamers. YIKES! Run fast, run far.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay more attention to basic marketing theories. Why did you release two distinctly different versions of the main research software at the same time? To completely confuse your clients? You did it. Great job. It caused huge layoffs due to your loss of clients and frustration among sales reps. Bloomberg--are you still interesed? I hear there's going to be a fire sale.

A great company that no longer exists

Marketing/Product Management (Former Employee) New Providence, NJ (US)

ProsGreat people, opportunities for learning

ConsValuing and nurturing talent - no programs

deteriorating company with no direction[

Business Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsMy coworkers are great and generally have a good attitude. There's usually a group that goes to lunch together and we organize cocktails at least once a week.

The pay is pretty good, and the benefits are good.

ConsWhile I have had fun and made some good friends, I feel like my career has not developed at Lexis Nexis. No one cares much about the company and managers don't invest in junior employees. While there's a friendly attitude, there is little collaboration and most employees do the minimum to get by.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf there is an overall strategic direction for the company, it has not been communicated to the entry-level workers. If we don't have a strategy, get one! If we have one, then we need to work on internal communication.

Worked for LexisNexis Legal & Professional? Contribute to the Community!