LifeCare Hospitals

17 reviews filtered by
2.3
CEO

1. Supervisor

Current Employee - EVS Supervisor in Dallas, TX (US)
    Current Employee - EVS Supervisor in Dallas, TX (US)

I have been working at LifeCare Hospitals full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Smaller hospital very easy to manage if CEO and management was supportive.

Cons

There was no support from the CEO or management. I was hired as an EVS Supervisor I came in working very hard to whip things into shape. The hospital's housekeeping department had no order,there was never enough towels,linen, or shower curtains in stock. There was not even adaquate cleaning equipment there, and yet the CEO's only concern was to coddle the EVS employees, so that no one ever got mad with her, she wasn't concerned with the continued cleanliness of the hospital.There were repeated on-the-spot call ins and no one was ever written up, but yet I was called in and written up because of a miscommunication regarding an employees work day. This place is the pits and the CEO and management will
    run this place in the ground. The CEO even talked about sexual indiscretions of the former Supervisor and I found that to be very unprofessional. The CEO and management was very unprofessional.

Advice to Management

There should be a CEO and management in place performing their job duties, but instead they are sitting in their offices allday playing on their iPads and iPhones. Learn to support positive work environments.

2. Director of Plant Operation

Former Employee - Director of Plant Operations in Dallas, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Director of Plant Operations in Dallas, TX (US)

I worked at LifeCare Hospitals

Pros

Good people to work with. Caring nurses.

Cons

Terrible leadership. Constant leadership turnover. No vision. No corporate encouragement. Management by intimidation.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees. Act accordingly. Get rid of leaders who fail to inspire your people and find some who do. Own up to your mistakes.

3. cook

Current Employee - Cook in Sarasota, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Cook in Sarasota, FL (US)

I have been working at LifeCare Hospitals full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

food was well priced for all

Cons

management was not helpful or supportive

5. Good place to start your career

I have been working at LifeCare Hospitals full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Lifecare is a great place if you are starting your career. Work/life balance is a huge plus.

Cons

The company does not care about keeping their good employees and getting rid of the bad. Management does not listen to their employees, morale is low, pay is not competitive.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees and reward your good ones. They actually have a lot of inside knowledge of what is really going on in the company. The company has lost a lot of good employees because they were too cheap to pay them what they are worth.

6. A stable work environment with some reasonable perks

Current Employee - Central Coding Specialist in Plano, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Central Coding Specialist in Plano, TX (US)

I have been working at LifeCare Hospitals full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I worked in the medical coding department. There was a good work-life balance. The coding lead/managers were always helpful and supportive. The people I worked with in my department and at the corporate office were all great. When I worked there, there was excellent time off/vacation. I was able to work 8 hours a day everyday, and when my time was up, I was done for the day.

Cons

The health insurance progressively got worse. There was pressure from upper management in regards to medical coding that felt like it could become noncompliant over time. As a medical coder, the field wasn't well trained on clinical documentation needs, which could be problematic when need to get information clarified.

Advice to Management

An improved clinical documentation program would make a world of difference on revenue and compliance.

They are running us into the ground.

I have been working at LifeCare Hospitals full-time

Pros

None. If I could have given zero stars, I would have.

Cons

They bought us from a company that was great to work for. They said they would show us "how a hospital is run." First, they declared bankruptcy, and now they are cutting back so much that full-time people are only getting about 25 hours a week. At this rate, I'll be out of PTO time soon. They still expect all the work to get done, but in much less time, with fewer people. Morale is terrible. They took a great hospital and they ruined it.

Advice to Management

I have been told that a casual employee has to stay on the schedule in place of me, even though I am full-time and my hours have been cut back severely. I was told that we have to keep the casuals happy, or we won't have them when we need them. That implies that casuals are more important to you than full-time people. Why is that? Is it because you don't have to pay for their benefits or give them raises? Do you really think people aren't going to figure this out? If you want casuals so bad, be careful what you wish for, because you will end up with only casuals and part-timers when all your full-time employees get disgusted and leave.

CEO WORTHLESS AND HAS SURROUNDED HIMSELF WITH MINDLESS FOLLOWERS

Former Employee - Management in Dayton, OH (US)
    Former Employee - Management in Dayton, OH (US)

I worked at LifeCare Hospitals full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Humm, give me a minute

Cons

Management from the Local CEO Down completely cliqueish, undereducated and undertrained. In short a complete clusterfunk. The CEO shows up less than 50% of the time, blows hot air, his management team, with only a notable exception or two, is made up of third stringers that couldn't get hired anywhere else. Corporate tolerates and condones this.

Advice to Management

Fire yourselves

9. ok for a start

I have been working at LifeCare Hospitals (Less than a year)

Pros

small , some flexibility, no one to bother you if you like to work alone

Cons

too much work , not enough man power, everything falls on you head , leaders dont care, jst want the jobs done

Advice to Management

visit and treat each department equally

Horrendous Patient Conditions-DON'T LEAVE YOUR FAMILY MEMBERS HERE

I have been working at LifeCare Hospitals full-time

Pros

NONE- They could care less about their patients

Cons

I would give them a zero if possible. My dad went there because he has COPD and pneumonia. He has dementia as well. They kept him under "restraints" keeping his arms tied to the bed his entire stay which was about a month. He came out with serious bed sores, toe fungus, toenails an inch too long and bleeding, continued pneumonia because they kept him strapped down like an animal, and would rarely feed him because they kept him tied to the bed so he couldn't feed himself. He was lucky if someone showed up to feed him. DON'T SEND YOUR LOVED ONES HERE. THEY SHOULD BE SHUT DOWN.

Advice to Management

Take care of your patients for a change. The state should shut all of these down.

learning experience

Former Employee - Health Care Provider in San Antonio, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Health Care Provider in San Antonio, TX (US)

I worked at LifeCare Hospitals full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

teamwork educational,teaching hospital,comfort care,compassion always a challeng,pts contions constantly changing and knowing what to do.

Cons

doctors at times didn't want to listen to me they had a god complex,lazy nurses,nurses that did not know what they were doing.

Advice to Management

it is not all about sticking to a budget it's call caring for the pt.