Live Nation Entertainment

Updated 16 October 2014
3.2

Live Nation Entertainment President, CEO, and Director Mike Rapino
Mike Rapino

Pros
  • Flex work environment, internal growth opportunities (in 12 reviews)

• You'll meet some great people here, many of whom have been at this location since its inception (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • The work-life balance is poor, especially if you have to work the concerts (in 6 reviews)

• I don't believe that the upper management was compensated enough for their positions (in 10 reviews)

More Highlights

Great interning experience!! Best group of people! I interned at the Hollywood office!

Former Employee - Digital Marketing in Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Digital Marketing in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I worked at Live Nation Entertainment as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Great working atmosphere! Not your usual interning postion where all you do is make copies and get coffee you actually do work!

Cons

Need a elevator key card to go up and down.

Fun company, but interesting industry

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)

I worked at Live Nation Entertainment part-time

Pros

Everything about the entertainment industry was really different from anything I've ever done and that kept the position so interesting. No day was like the next and there was always something to keep you on your toes and not realize the long hours you are working. The perks were great.

Cons

I don't believe that the upper management was compensated enough for their positions. I heard that people who had been working there full time for 3-5 years still were not on a salary or offered any benefits

Challenging and Exciting

Former Employee - Box Office Associate in New York, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Box Office Associate in New York, NY (US)

I worked at Live Nation Entertainment part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Perks include working secret shows and handing tickets to Spike Jonze. Also you make your own schedule.

Cons

Things can get pretty hectic when the main act is about to go on and 400 people show up at the same time.

Fun job but with little room for advancement

Current Employee - Security in Chicago, IL (US)
    Current Employee - Security in Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at Live Nation Entertainment part-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Working in the Concert Industry. Work environment was fun. coworkers were friendly, Good part time job. getting to listen to bands while getting paid.

Cons

Compensation was a little more than minimum wage even after working there for 5years. All staffing was put in by a spreadsheet not real time needs. Very minimal pay. and really no benefits. Could be a dangerous and stressful enviroment

Listen to the employees they may have good ideas. stop treating venue like a high school where petty issues can cause you to have stress.

Sponsorship coordinator = no room for growth

Current Employee - Sponsorship Coordinator in Cambridge, MA (US)
    Current Employee - Sponsorship Coordinator in Cambridge, MA (US)

I have been working at Live Nation Entertainment full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

This company is over all great to work for. Great benefits and perks for the job and I have worked with some amazing people in multiple different departments.

Cons

Sponsorship is kind of looked like an outsider so moving to a different department is almost impossible. Also in the position I am in there is not much room for growth. The growth includes either moving or becoming a seller for sponsorship which is not an interest for me. I take a lot of pride in my work but the company tends to take advantage in that by owning you all of the time.

Great first internship!

Current Employee - Marketing Intern in Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Marketing Intern in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I have been working at Live Nation Entertainment as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

- Friendly / welcoming office
    - High involvement in planning meetings. They trusted me with important work early on.
    - Free concerts! Lots of perks if you are passionate about live music and the music industry

Cons

- Daily work could be monotonous

Too tolerant of bad managers and don't care much about the employees

Former Employee - Finance Director in Hollywood, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Finance Director in Hollywood, CA (US)

I worked at Live Nation Entertainment full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Location in Hollywood was great for me. Can be a young hip environment in some areas. Big on holiday parties. Physical environment was ok.

Cons

I had the manager from hell. All other finance areas were OK except ours. Leadership didn't care that we were living a daily nightmare. HR was useless as expected. Company benefits were generally subpar. Leadership seemed to be unsure and inconsistent at best. Couldn't even get breaks on tickets. No opportunities for growth, no training, no work/life balance.

Put money where your mouth is to treat employees better and you will get more out of them. Have HR at least pretend that they care about the employees and their working conditions. Get rid of bad managers faster when it comes to the attention of management.

Vice President

Former Employee - Vice President Alliances in New York, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Vice President Alliances in New York, NY (US)

I worked at Live Nation Entertainment full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The biggest music and entertainment promoter on the planet. Plenty of opportunity to be entreprenurial and build a book of business. Lots of very passionate people who are excited to be working in and around the music industry.

Cons

Lots of pressure from above and occasional favoritism by management that can create "competition" between colleagues.

Always promote cooperation and collaboration.

Fun, sometimes confusing work environment

I have been working at Live Nation Entertainment full-time (more than an year)

Pros

If you want to work on the inside in the music business, great place. Employee base has a tremendous passion for the industry and in presenting the best product in class.

Cons

Office culture is fragmented. Takes a bit too long to get to know who the players are in other departments and many but not all, give off a vibe that they'd prefer you don't bother them and instead of trying to find a creative solution or offer an alternative way to solve a problem, just dismiss it out of hand.

Foster a problem solving and collaborative atmosphere between all departments. This attitude is sure to trickle down and inoculate against "not my job" syndrome.

Work at Live Nation

I worked at Live Nation Entertainment full-time

Pros

It is an exciting business, working in the Music business can be very exciting and rewarding. The lower management team is like a family and is very supportive of each other.

Cons

The upper management is more concerned with their own bonuses and company politics that they do not value middle management and the worker.

Support initiatives to value the employees and make your upper management accountable for the poor treatment.

Live Nation Entertainment Photos