LiveOps Reviews

Updated 1 October 2014
Updated 1 October 2014
3.5

Vasili Triant

Pros
  • Work from home -- no commuting or having to shop for clothes for your work attire (in 60 reviews)

• The ability to have a flexible schedule and to work remote are a huge plus when you have a family at home (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Otherwise you will suffer by getting very low call volume and make very little money (in 14 reviews)

• Things are extremely fast paced because of that it can be hard to get that work/life balance that people need to be successful (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Great company not only turning itself around but leap frogging!

Current Employee - Manager  in  Redwood City, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Manager in Redwood City, CA (US)

I have been working at LiveOps full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The company has overnight transformed itself back into what made it great - employees & customers being #1. The shift from the past CEO(and his band of merry men), who almost destroyed the company, to the new Executive Team has been a complete 180 and nothing short of amazing. The future looks bright and I am excited to see the results of what we are doing. The balance of work and life has started and the company's core values are starting to be lived day to day.

Cons

Many people get confused if LiveOps is an BPO of a Saas company, whereas it is a Customer Service & Sales solutions business.

Drive the vision more aggressively, continue with the changes and direction, and leave the past regime to destroy another company!

Great Company

I have been working at LiveOps full-time

Pros

Caring Management and great work environment makes LiveOps a great employment choice. LiveOps will help you grow as an individual.

Cons

LiveOps is not a giant company so in some roles you may not have 24 hour mentoring to help get up to speed.

Keep doing what you are doing!

Independent Contractor

Current Employee - Call Center Agent  in  Gallup, NM (US)
    Current Employee - Call Center Agent in Gallup, NM (US)

I have been working at LiveOps part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You can work your own hours, you are in control of your time.

Cons

You may not be able to control how much call volume goes your way.

They are amazing.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Awesome Opportunity

Current Employee - Sales Representative  in  Cincinnati, OH (US)
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Cincinnati, OH (US)

I have been working at LiveOps full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Work from home, schedule and work as much as you want to or as little as you need to, training is available on a wide variety of products and management is great as well.

Cons

Need a quiet office space, no benefits aside from working from home which is a huge plus when you can work from home so it is so flexible. The compensation is slow to begin with but with all of the incentives you make up for it..

None at all

Work from home

I have been working at LiveOps part-time

Pros

Been with them for over 5 yrs, just as a part time. If you commit you can make this a regular money making

Cons

NO CONS, THE ONLY THING IS THAT PAY YOU GET PAID BY TALK TIME

The best work at home place to work!!!

Current Employee - At Home Based Phone Representative  in  Atlanta, GA (US)
    Current Employee - At Home Based Phone Representative in Atlanta, GA (US)

I have been working at LiveOps as a contractor for more than 8 years

Pros

The company offers unlimited income with opportunity to make money on several line groups. 24/7 flexibility, and no taxes taken out of your checks!

Cons

The only downside is the company strictly operates based on conversion and performance. You have to be a sale maker and not just a call taker. Otherwise you will suffer by getting very low call volume and make very little money.

Even though we are the peons in the company, we are still hard workers and we are human. Offer increased per minute rates and special bonuses. It helps us and makes us feel appreciated. We have families to take care of. Give us a shift premium for slow lines for dedicated agents. We dont want to sit on the phones all day and make very little money.

Good company, great culture, uncertain about their future.....

I worked at LiveOps full-time for more than a year

Pros

Wonderful people and great culture! small enough that you get to know everyone in the company if you want. Real team spirit at work. Things are extremely fast paced.

Cons

Things are extremely fast paced because of that it can be hard to get that work/life balance that people need to be successful. Unfortunately there poor communication throughout the company.

Allow your employees to have a work/life balance.
    Create transparency in your communication with all of your employees.
    Find strong leaders that can move the company forward while growing revenue and retain quality employees.

Independent Agent - Insurance Agent- Independent Contractor

Current Employee - Licensed Insurance Agent  in  Indianapolis, IN (US)
    Current Employee - Licensed Insurance Agent in Indianapolis, IN (US)

I have been working at LiveOps full-time for more than a year

Pros

Living in an area that has tough winters, working at home is priceless. Grabbing a cup of coffee and going to work while others are outside scraping off windshields is very rewarding, not to mention more lucrative. Setting hours as an independent contractor allows flexibility otherwise not available in the corporate job market. Be your own boss and set the bar as high as you'd like!

Cons

Too many to count and would be happy to share if the opportunity ever presents itself and the management staff really comes across in a way that makes me think they really want to know, rather than just listening to pacify.

As an agent who is working very hard to be a success with Liveops, you simply cannot deny human beings the right to a vacation, time off due to a death in their family or a medical leave. And to have any sort of penalty associated with those times is really stretching the boundary line of the independent contractor/company contract. While you cannot dictate hours worked, you also should not be afforded a way around it either. To me, the metric system is nothing more than a way of dictating time worked without actually coming right out and doing it. It's a fine line and one that is being stretched further and further. Also, because the "metric rules" have been determined and communicated, they haven't always been in place and to give some agents a line back and deny others is a bad managerial call.

Lack of meaningful support and Affinity programs

Former Employee - Independent Agent
    Former Employee - Independent Agent

I worked at LiveOps part-time for less than a year

Pros

flexible hours and good pay

Cons

There is no verbal contact whatsoever...only texts. Due to a slight hearing loss I used more time than recommended.
    I was gradually removed from programs where I did well and after all of my scores fell I was removed!!! Affinity programs are a real money maker for LiveOps but they border on criminal and take advantage of low income, poorly educated and elderly clients.

Be more available and upgrade the Affinity programs.

Didn't enjoy this work.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at LiveOps as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

This was OK for a part time "job" however it is not a job, you are an independent contractor. Working from home was great and the flexibility in scheduling was a plus.

Cons

Reading the scripts was tedious and the customers weren't great to deal with because you're dealing with people calling in to order infomercial products. There are other lines of customer service with them but I was not a part of those so I cannot comment on them.

LiveOps Photos

We built a new engineering rec room, including MAME (Multi Arcade Machine Emulator); many a disagreement is settled with Street Fighter
No rec room is complete without XBox One, Apple TV, and plenty of couch space

+ Add Photo

Worked for LiveOps? Contribute to the Community!