LiveOps

Be The First To
Add Photos

LiveOps President, CEO and Director Marty Beard

Marty Beard

Pros:
  • "Most employees can work from home Fridays"
    in 38 reviews
  • "Nice office, nice employees, bagels provided for breakfast, pizza Fridays, flexible schedule"
    in 12 reviews
Cons:
  • "On top of that it is super hard to get hours and if you do then you are often sitting with no call volume"
    in 8 reviews
  • "25 per minute of talk time which is riduculous"
    in 7 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Going back

Sales Representative (Former Employee)
Phoenix, AZ (US)

I worked at LiveOps full-time for more than a year

ProsIF you are good, you can make good money. Very flexible to your schedule, but once you commit to a schedule for the week, you must stick to it.

ConsI found the work to be a grind, but I have been in the business so many years, I think I was just burned out. Took a year off to work in a brick and mortar call center, which made me appreciate more what I had given up when I left Live Ops. I chose to work nights before, and will probably do the same again, as I found the customers to be a little bit easier. I agree with others, working here you will never be more than just a number, everything is by the book, but I guess given the nature of a virtual call center, there is no other way. No one has the time to baby sit you, so you need to follow the rules, and pay attention. I left them before primarily because they would not let me sell the lines that "I" wanted to sell. It seems that once you are certified in a particular line then they own you, unless you screw up so bad that they fire you from the line, which is not good. Last year I was one of the highest ranked reps in a particular line, yet they would not let me have it on a daily basis, yet this line made me a lot of money. If you are good, they will put you where they want you, so if you think you might not like a particular line, DO NOT go through certification for it. I heard from a friend, that their policy here may have changed, I do not know yet. Now that I understand how they work things better, I hope to much more profitable with them this time around.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet your better reps pick and chose where they want to work.

Good place to work.

Senior Applications Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at LiveOps full-time for more than 3 years

ProsI've been at LiveOps for 3 years. Nice office, free food, friendly atmosphere. Open collaborative work environment. SIP lounge to hang out in - have a beer. Nice culture. Executives walk around and talk to people. Clear strategy - to build the SaaS cloud platform. Growing internationally.

ConsA lot of growth and more complex projects. Just acquired another company, adding to complexity. Not enough time.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to provide open communication and fun, open environment. Expand SaaS platform.

Great Place to Start Working from Home

Call Center Agent (Former Employee)

I worked at LiveOps as a contractor for more than a year

ProsFlexible scheduling and fun work.

ConsAt times it can be hard to rely on the income. Since they pay per minute- there may be times when you barely make anything per hour waiting on another phone call.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore communication. When I worked there- I often felt like I was meaningless to the company.

Good

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at LiveOps as a contractor for more than a year

ProsAble to work from home.

ConsToo many up-sells after customers say no on the first one.

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

Liveops Experience

NOC Engineer (Former Employee)
Tempe, AZ (US)

I worked at LiveOps full-time for more than a year

ProsHacker driven company. Really appriciated everyones input on issues

ConsThe company has since started away with home grown apps and moved to 3rd party.

Disappointing

Programmer (Former Employee)
Redwood City, CA (US)

I worked at LiveOps full-time for less than a year

ProsNice office, nice employees, bagels provided for breakfast, pizza Fridays, flexible schedule.

ConsNo direction in where the company is going. They are not hiring permanent employees at the moment unless the CEO approves it. People are often standing around and talking instead of working. If you do not fit in to the clicks here you are done for. There is a very high turn over rate. They will tell you what a great job you are doing and that they will hire you on permanently just to let you go and not tell you why.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more personal with your employees. The people that are still there are really wonderful hard working employees but they are losing faith in the company and the CEO.

Started out great and went downhill

I worked at LiveOps part-time

ProsThe ability to work from home.

ConsChildish behavior and total lack of accountability in some matters.
Operators are pretty much forced to keep pushing products even when the customer is getting ticked off.

It's an okay company

ConsSlow periods
Upsell
getting abused by callers

ok

I have been working at LiveOps

Prosschedule chhat work from home

Consnever sure of what i will make

Extremely High Turnover

LiveOps Contractor (Former Employee)
Redwood City, CA (US)

I worked at LiveOps as a contractor for less than a year

ProsShares a nice campus with other companies like EA - If you walk out the back of the shared office building it's nice and soothing.

Free bagels and fruits a couple times a week, free drink fridge and cheap vending machine

Most employees can work from home Fridays

Near the Caltrain and most employees steal rides for free on the EA shuttles

ConsAmazingly high turnover rate - Over a third of the company left in the past 12-18 months. Most employees work from home Fridays because they have horrible commutes since they relocated.

Below market rate pay - They constantly use contractors and try to lowball which results in the poor quality

Human Resources - They're stuck in their old ways and you can hear them discriminate over trivial things that have nothing to do with being capable of doing the job like format of a resume or not working in the industry for a position where it doesn't matter.

CEO that's not good with people - He moved the company from Santa Clara which is surrounded by talent to Redwood City.

Bad overall morale - People are there because they don't have many other options

Advice to Senior ManagementDo the honorable thing and resign

Worked for LiveOps? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at LiveOps reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for LiveOps CEO Marty Beard . All 130 reviews are posted anonymously by LiveOps employees.