LiveOps Reviews

Updated 17 April 2015
245 reviews filtered by
3.6
Vasili Triant

Pros
  • Work from home -- no commuting or having to shop for clothes for your work attire (in 61 reviews)

• The ability to have a flexible schedule and to work remote are a huge plus when you have a family at home (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Otherwise you will suffer by getting very low call volume and make very little money (in 16 reviews)

• Things are extremely fast paced because of that it can be hard to get that work/life balance that people need to be successful (in 6 reviews)

1. Work at home opportunity when you need it

Former Contractor - Customer Service Representative in Redwood City, CA (US)
    Former Contractor - Customer Service Representative in Redwood City, CA (US)

I worked at LiveOps as a contractor

Pros

always pays on time, no management over you, be your own boss, good pay, easy work, follow scripts

Cons

Strict metrics, must read affinity scripts accurately or will get CE, no help if you need it, must be internet and computer savvy

Advice to Management

Respect the CSRs more and reward top selling agents, stop sanctioning us by taking away our lines if we have low metrics for 1 week....cherish your top salers.

2. Interesting business model with good corporate citizenship.

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Santa Clara, CA (US)
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Santa Clara, CA (US)

I worked at LiveOps as an intern (more than a year)

Pros

Flexible scheduling, well paid for internship, allowed to work remotely. High growth company that is able to benefit many people throughout the US. Catered lunches or breakfasts once a week.

Cons

High rate of attrition, interaction between departments sometimes lacking. Executive leadership at the time was not good.

Advice to Management

Middle management in terms of talent was solid but constantly changing. Focus should have been on retaining those that could contribute fresh ideas and leadership.

3. Very good company to work for.

Current Employee - Independent Agent in Lynchburg, VA (US)
    Current Employee - Independent Agent in Lynchburg, VA (US)

I have been working at LiveOps

Pros

The flexibility, choosing your hours.

Cons

None that I could think of

5. New Agent

Current Employee - Independent Agent in Atlanta, GA (US)
    Current Employee - Independent Agent in Atlanta, GA (US)

I have been working at LiveOps

Pros

Convenient work from home opportunity with easy to navigate system.

Cons

New to company and still working out pros and cons.

6. Definintely not the best.

Current Contractor - Independent Agent
    Current Contractor - Independent Agent

I have been working at LiveOps as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

I believe the only real pro of working at Liveops is being able to work from home. Other than that, choosing your own schedule might be a pro. But good luck with competing with 100,000's of other agents just to get some hours. My advice is to just go for the night blocks starting from 11:10 & later because they are usually always available. Most likely because no one feels like dealing with rude people with the worst attitudes and weirdos at that time of night.

Cons

Having to compete for reasonable work hours.
    Dealing with weirdos, nasty men, and women with super bad attitudes that can make your best day turn into your worst day ever after the call is over.
    Having to sell or advertise other products that have absolutely NOTHING to do with the original product the person is calling for. And constantly being told to use "rebuttals" to suck people into buying it. After a while even you feel tedious and annoyed at yourself and want to bang your head into a wall.
    Being so closely monitored til the point they find errors that don't even exist which will greatly affect your score.

Advice to Management

Only put extra offers on products that somewhat relate to the original offer. You always tell agents to get to know the customer and build a relationship with them. Once we do this we basically know the customer and what interest them so the extra offers just seem ridiculous and too much. Having to use rebuttals turns more into nagging and begging, then trying to sell the product. And if I was a caller myself, I would get just as upset as the callers do.

7. very easy going and uncomplicated

Current Employee - Inbound Sales Agent in Dallas, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Inbound Sales Agent in Dallas, TX (US)

I have been working at LiveOps

Pros

Flexible sheduling and paid in time

Cons

payed per talked minute and lines are not always busy

Overall it was nice having the freedom to work when I wanted at my own leisure.
    It was a good learning experience.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Pittsburgh, PA (US)
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

I worked at LiveOps part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Freedom to work when you want from your own home.
    Not having to have an LLC, like other telecommute jobs require before getting started.

Cons

The initial set up can be confusing.
    Working your way up & having more choices to work thru takes some time.
    Getting help isn't very easy, so you should be somewhat computer savvy to be able to figure things out on your own.

Advice to Management

Being more accessible to get help would be very helpful.
    Allowing more opportunities from the get go would also be more enticing.

Not what I expected!

Current Employee - Direct Response Agent
    Current Employee - Direct Response Agent

I have been working at LiveOps

Pros

Make one schedule. You can see the amount of money you earn for the day after each call. I really enjoy handling inbound call.

Cons

The call volume will definitely fluctuate constantly. When you're paid per talk- time minute you have no idea how long you have to work to earn the amount you need to survive.

Advice to Management

Increase the pay and stop over hiring agents.

Disappointed, but struggling to make it work

Current Contractor - Independent Contractor in Chesapeake, VA (US)
    Current Contractor - Independent Contractor in Chesapeake, VA (US)

I have been working at LiveOps as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Choose your own hours and choose the type of calls you want to support.

Cons

The company does not provide technical support.
    Independent agents have to rely on advice from other independent agents advice that is loaded into a help data bank called Athena.
    The company's servers must be getting old, can't verify this because it is very difficult to speak with anyone with knowledge of the servers and the configuration requirements.
    The company utilizes Java in their My Schedule application in order to post the hours that you are available to work. I have been trying to for over a week to get this program to work and have had no luck. I downloaded multiple sets of instructions and carefully went through all of them and still could not resolve the communications error.
    The company advises agents to load a previous version of Java that is not longer supported to align with their servers. This puts a lot of risk on the independent agent. The risk is based upon Java being utilized by hackers to gain access to systems. A known security risk with older versions of Java is the POODLE virus.

Advice to Management

Provide IT support. I venture to guess that the majority of people that choose to be independent agents for LiveOps do not have deep pockets that allow them to hire IT professionals that can troubleshoot Java issues.

Working at home

I have been working at LiveOps

Pros

Can set your own hours. Can work from the comfort of your own home. Pay is good and can be great if your selling and meeting your goals.

Cons

Sometimes hours are hard to come by.