LiveOps

Updated 21 November 2014
Updated 21 November 2014
3.6

Vasili Triant

Pros
  • Work from home -- no commuting or having to shop for clothes for your work attire (in 61 reviews)

• The ability to have a flexible schedule and to work remote are a huge plus when you have a family at home (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Otherwise you will suffer by getting very low call volume and make very little money (in 16 reviews)

• Things are extremely fast paced because of that it can be hard to get that work/life balance that people need to be successful (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Nice company to work for.

I have been working at LiveOps as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Consistent paychecks flexible schedule easy training good communication

Cons

nothing really yet will continue to montior

LiveOps is a good option for people who want to earn money by working at home with flexibility on committed hours.

Current Employee - Sales/Customer Service
    Current Employee - Sales/Customer Service

I have been working at LiveOps part-time (less than an year)

Pros

LiveOps is good for those who enjoy talking on the phone and selling.The highest compensation potential is for licensed insurance agents. There are many other types of programs that agents can elect to participate in, and compensation varies by the program. What's attractive about working as a LiveOps Agent is establishing work-life balance.

Cons

One down side of working with LiveOps is that agents need to be able to tolerate rejection, and the level varies by the program. Another down side is that there is literally no way to speak to LiveOps staff. The only way to communicate with them is through an internal online messaging system similar to e-mail, and sometimes responses can take a day or more to receive.

For the insurance programs, I think licensed agents should only receive qualified leads, which would make the calling experience more gratifying for both the callers and agents. Having experienced agents work with unqualified callers often becomes frustrating for everyone. Since LiveOps does have some programs where non-licensed agents screen callers and then transfer qualified leads to licensed agents, I don't know why it isn't done that way across the board. Not only would it be much less frustrating, but it would probably be much more productive.

Growing Company - Superb Culture and Values - Nice to work remotely!

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Remote, OR (US)
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Remote, OR (US)

I have been working at LiveOps full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

it's nice to be an employee and work remotely, from home. LiveOps is outstanding with regards to including and keeping remote team members in the loop. The company's culture and values are back where they should be, or rather, are where they were when offered this position and what was working to become successful! They are focused on the client and on the customer, as well empowering employees to make the best choice.

Cons

A few 'resilient' apples (managers/directors) - hold information too close, micro every step, have their hands in too many projects....resilience, belief and trust in team members is good; rigid, disbelief and doubt not so good.

Continue the path we are on. Obviously, the more transparent and the more we learn from a few mistakes, will result in investment from all in the culture and values, leading to increased growth and focus!

The Future is Bright

I have been working at LiveOps full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

What a difference a few months makes! After several bumpy years under our former CEO, Vasili is working hard to right the ship and grow the company. I am encouraged by new vision and direction. LiveOps has a close knit team that works well together.

Cons

LiveOps used to offer excellent health benefits but times are changing and the most comprehensive plans are no longer available, which is disappointing.

Stay focused. Encourage accountability, structure, and celebrate success.

Small call volume but great company

I have been working at LiveOps as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

They did everything they promised to do. Management is there when you need them and leaves you alone when you don't. There are multiple opportunities within the company, especially if you have an insurance license.

Cons

The call volume is not as good as advertised. Even in the best of times you only get about fifty percent of your time actually paid for due to low call volume. Callers can be rude so be prepared for that aspect of the job. Insurance "sales" is often taking people's information from sweepstakes calls.

A great place to make an impact and affect change

I have been working at LiveOps full-time

Pros

LiveOps is a growing and evolving company that has been around for 13-years. Sounds weird to describe it as growing and evolving after so much time but it still is. Regimes of management have changed and alternated the direction and focus of the company over time. The new CEO, Vasili Triant, is about uniting both parts of the business - the BPO and the SaaS side - and bringing us together as one LiveOps. One culture. One goal. It's great. There is a lot of opportunity to affect change here and help the company get better and better.

Cons

LiveOps has a great product but has lacked focus and execution over the past few years. There hasn't been a lot of structure around critical functions such as Product Management and Engineering. The teams have been left to forge for themselves as the previous culture bread a lack of accountability and responsibility. All of that is changing for the better but that change takes time. It's not easy to change a company's culture but I believe the current leadership team has the right ideas and paths forward outlined. Now it's time to execute.

good work at home company

Former Employee - LiveOps Contractor in San Diego, CA (US)
    Former Employee - LiveOps Contractor in San Diego, CA (US)

I worked at LiveOps as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Its great to have the flexibility of making your own hours, there are decent income opportunities if you put in enough time, it can be worth it. New Management is making a lot of positive changes

Cons

Can't really control the calls that come your way. So you make money when the phone rings, but you don't if there aren't enough calls coming in. They need to change the metric pay system so that it is more fair.

none

Great Company

I have been working at LiveOps full-time

Pros

Caring Management and great work environment makes LiveOps a great employment choice. LiveOps will help you grow as an individual.

Cons

LiveOps is not a giant company so in some roles you may not have 24 hour mentoring to help get up to speed.

Keep doing what you are doing!

Great company not only turning itself around but leap frogging!

Current Employee - Manager in Redwood City, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Manager in Redwood City, CA (US)

I have been working at LiveOps full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The company has overnight transformed itself back into what made it great - employees & customers being #1. The shift from the past CEO(and his band of merry men), who almost destroyed the company, to the new Executive Team has been a complete 180 and nothing short of amazing. The future looks bright and I am excited to see the results of what we are doing. The balance of work and life has started and the company's core values are starting to be lived day to day.

Cons

Many people get confused if LiveOps is an BPO of a Saas company, whereas it is a Customer Service & Sales solutions business.

Drive the vision more aggressively, continue with the changes and direction, and leave the past regime to destroy another company!

Lots of turmoil/Metrics unclear

Former Employee - Independent Agent
    Former Employee - Independent Agent

I worked at LiveOps full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Until I was unfairly terminated, I loved working with LiveOps, even with all the problems (and there are many!). I was grateful to be home and grateful to be paid in a fairly decent manner. If the router is benign, I could make $22/hour. I did not have too many bad days at the LiveOps. Pay was always on time and for me always rising. Advice: Work hard and express no opinions. Be mindful of the contract. No matter what they tell u in a PB (their email) from Community Services, your default action should be "does this follow the contract" and/or "does this follow my good conscience".

Cons

Support can be sporadic. Sometimes support is great and beneficial and at other times it is bad. So bad that it can cost you the contract. The new metric system that they have going is not the greatest. At least, they've not explained it well enough so that ic's do not make errors implementing same. U could go for months making a mistake and get no meaningful feedback about the mistake or letting u know that u were making the at all. In my case, this created a false sense of security in terms of what I was doing to keep up with the new metrics. Under the new metrics, it counts against u when somebody calls in for information and u don't convert the call into a sale. This was fine under the old metrics as it did not affect u'r performance overall and u had up to 30 minutes to convert the call to a sale without getting a Compliance Event (demerit). Under the new metrics, forget about it. If a product came in with enough callers asking to pay just $14.95 for it and no more, u were in trouble if that informercial was being routed to your business line.

Go back to the old metrics, or do not penalize agents for trying to follow the new ones. The effect of the new metrics is that callers are being rushed off and invariably this does not bode well for our less adept citizens. The agents are put in a hard place because they have to mindful of the new metrics and their contract at the same time. It is a very sad change these new metrics. Still I have to say that I had a good run. I am sorry I fell in the trap of following the new metrics and not being myself and not worry about the metrics at all. If anything, training on this issue would be helpful so that the agents can know the boundaries.