Logitech
www.logitech.com Newark, CA 5000+ Employees

Logitech Reviews

Updated Apr 15, 2014

Bracken Darrell

Pros:
  • "Great health benefits and lots of flexibility for a good work/life balance"
    in 18 reviews
  • "Good benefits, work-life balance, better than industry salary"
    in 11 reviews
Cons:
  • "senior management seems to be out of refreshing ideas"
    in 11 reviews
  • "Work life balance can be better"
    in 6 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Very mixed bag

I have been working at Logitech full-time for more than 5 years

ProsStock price has increased a lot in the last year (but is it just cost cutting?); cool music products; truly global company; people take pride in our products

ConsPhony culture change - posters have changed, but little else; frequent layoffs; lack of career development; no lack of internal politics, despite the claim that this has changed; training does not exist at all; budgets are under extreme scrutiny, which makes everything more bureaucratic and burdensome

Advice to Senior Managementbring more and better talent in the door!

Downhill From Here

Director (Former Employee)

I worked at Logitech full-time for more than 10 years

ProsInteresting products, great people, until Google TV fiasco. Since then, it's been all downhill.

ConsLong-term, inexperienced management. Poor senior management, more interested in personal importance than really growing the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementReplace the entire senior level. Strengthen the board with some active members who really care.

Incredibly awesome place!

Helpdesk Engineer II (Former Employee)
Camas, WA (US)

I worked at Logitech as a contractor for less than a year

ProsGreat crowd to work with, nice perks, incentives. Jeans, tee-shirt, premium coffeemakers, fun environment. You know when a manager walks in with a tee-shirt and holes in the knees of his jeans, and there's music quotes on every wall, and a dry erase WALL (three!) that you can write on, it's a great place to be.

ConsI was only a short-term contractor. I'd love to be a FT employee!

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat work! Robert R. (who I reported to) made me feel welcome, relaxed, and a part of the team.

it was ok

I have been working at Logitech

Prosit was an ok place to work. I will not work there again. Will not recommend. The management is bad.

Consit was an ok place to work. I will not work there again. Will not recommend. The management is bad.

The company's C level executives are doing a pretty good job, considering the tough market

Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Logitech full-time for more than 5 years

ProsMost of my coworkers are friendly and easy to work with.

ConsIt is a consensus driving company.

OUtscourced position for Logitech .Good collegues with good products and fun to work at but salary wasnt great

Gameing Control Specialist (Former Employee)
Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

I worked at Logitech full-time for more than a year

ProsGood collegues, fun environment to work in with the oppertunity to learn about new technologies.

ConsSalary wasnt great and management loved to micromanage their employees to the degree that it felt like a scholl rather than a bussiness.

Great products, poor organization.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Logitech full-time

ProsGood discount on products, including a twice yearly garage sale. Innovative technology, resulting in great product offerings and group loyalty. Great people at the project level, pulling together to get product out the door despite constant change from the executive level. International feel with offices in Switzerland, China and US.

ConsThe Marketing group is unorganized and poorly run, with little or no direction from the executive level. Product groups are silo'd and create conflict and overlap in terms of corporate identity and resources, with no strong direction from above. Executive decisions are often illogical and ineffective, and continually change.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the customer in mind, bring together all the silo'd product groups.

The Classic 'Good Ol' Boys Club'

Account Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Logitech full-time for more than 5 years

ProsNice balance of work, life. There are fun, talented people that work there, but there are also people that should be let go immediately -- Logitech rarely fires people.

ConsSome people in executive roles, are not really the executive/professional type...some of these people appear and behave that they'd more likely be a used-car salesman than an exectuive at Logitech.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook to the leading competitors to see what the norms are, and where the improvement needs to come from.

Not a good company to work for at all

Senior Product Manager (Former Employee)
Fremont, CA (US)

I worked at Logitech full-time for more than a year

ProsNo Pros to mention at all.

ConsDisorganized and upper management is HORRIBLE!!!!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementFire all upper management and bring in new people. You should start with Eric.

Used to be a great company

I have been working at Logitech full-time for more than 10 years

ProsGood benefits, work-life balance, better than industry salary

ConsTime for some old time Senior Executives to step out. Lack of career opportunities. Not much lateral move either. Nothing to motivate the employees. HR has become a bystander and doesn't add any value. Not taking care of the good employees who are leaving one by one.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere are still fat across the top management in all departments. Identify them and let them go. Some of them are just waiting to be kicked out so they can get a package.

Worked for Logitech? Contribute to the Community!

Logitech – Why Work for Us?

Focused on innovation and quality, Logitech designs personal peripherals to help people enjoy a better experience with the digital world. We started in 1981 with mice, which (new at the time) provided a more intuitive… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Logitech reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Logitech CEO Bracken Darrell . All 168 reviews are posted anonymously by Logitech employees.