Logitech

www.logitech.com

Logitech Reviews

Updated Jul 18, 2014

Bracken Darrell

Pros
  • Great health benefits and lots of flexibility for a good work/life balance(in 20 reviews)

• Great products with more on the way(in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance can be better(in 7 reviews)

• Poor senior management, more interested in personal importance than really growing the company(in 11 reviews)

Good experience, but different now

Account Sales Manager (Former Employee) Fremont, CA (US)

ProsCulture at the time felt exciting, with a great product portfolio and empowerment to do what worked at individual accounts. Also Management was very respectful of people

ConsPay scale was not the highest. Not a lot of personal growth tools given to employees for a company this size.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet back to what once made the company successful. Get more customer-centric again, rather than just expect the products to pull the business.

A company in transformation with great culture and opporutnities

Global Supply Chain Intern (Current Employee) Newark, CA (US)

Pros1. Really diverse workforce. you get to learn how to work with talents around the world
    2. Good work life balance and flexible working hours
    3. It values the coherence within the company. They have lost of company events during weekdays. Ice cream social, BBQ lunch in parking lot, weekly company huddle, etc.
    4. The CEO is really engaging. you can easily see him walking around and talk with you just like one of your coworkers
    5. The company is in the process of transitioning. Products, process and people are been changed or adjusted toward the new market segments and lean organization. Lots of opportunities to work on influential projects that significantly improve top and bottom lines

Cons1. Just like every big company over 30 years, sometimes you got to deal with bureaucracy
    2. Right now I have not seen products that are really promising in bringing in new revenue streams.

Advice to Senior Management1. Acquire promising startups
    2. Hire more young talents

Fun company with cool products trying to evolve its employee culture

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Newark, CA (US)

ProsInnovative company/products, extremely nice people, approachable and accessible leadership, lots of challenges and learning opportunities.

ConsCEO wants "small company" culture and on one hand it works and on the other hand it doesn't. You can instill the principles of a small company (teamwork, close knit community, ability to be agile and move quickly) but we are a truly global workforce with nearly 5,000 employees worldwide across nearly 100 locations (large sites to small offices). At some point "small company" doesn't work, nor has the company simplified it's operations to match that small company feel. It takes far too long to figure out how things work in this company and the number of systems and steps in place make trying to get things done very difficult.

Advice to Senior ManagementSimplify the operations of the company (especially quantity and complexity of the IT systems) to make it easier for employees to focus on the work that drives the business.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

great work life balance

Marketing Manager (Current Employee) Newark, CA (US)

Proslove the work life balance. work can be demanding, but overall a very good work environment. great team that works hard together. sometimes not everyone pulls their own weight, but at least work gets done. i love the flexible work schedule and not having someone look over my work like a hawk.. like at my old company.

Conscompany tries to reinvent themselves into a "start-up" like company too much, but there is good intention. we need to hire more people with more ambition and drive. some people are just "stuck" in their position.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease change the names on the conference rooms. The names are super confusing and I have to constantly ask to find a meeting location ...

Brilliant minds, great products, bad politics

Engineer (Former Employee) Camas, WA (US)

ProsFair compensation, great benefits, fun environment, exciting work, great perks, awesome people (intelligent and friendly)

ConsPolitics in upper management; bad decisions regarding product lines means lots of time wasted developing great things which never saw the light of day

Advice to Senior ManagementResearch the big picture

Company changing and in full transformation - exciting work - great products

Anonymous (Current Employee) Newark, CA (US)

ProsBeing part of a company that is in full transformation and change - it keeps me challenged, engaged and inspired . Everyday I see the impact that my team and I are doing to bring back greatness to the Logitech brand, products and culture.

While some companies say you have global responsibilities at Logitech you do. Logitech is a truly global company that allows you to do real global work - every project has the global mindset from the beginning.

Great products with more on the way.

ConsKeep working on the company culture.

Advice to Senior ManagementStay the course with the current strategy.

Logitech isn't too shabby. We aren't the best nor the worst. Solid.

ProsCompany has changed a lot over the last few years. New employees, recruits, and executives all around. Culture is also constantly improving, adapting to contemporary goals. Most employees are friendly and approachable for help, especially us veterans who've been here for quite awhile.

ConsKeep going with the changes. Let's not that "dark" period for Logitech come back again. We owe it to the next generation not to screw up again!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep listening to new recruits and interns for fresh ideas.

Great company. Great people. Great products.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Newark, CA (US)

ProsIt's incredible to be surrounded with people who are passionate and care about what they do - designing and delivering amazing products. The recent open environment work spaces are just one example of how the company is transforming how we collaborate and how we work - it's so refreshing. You can feel the transformation underway. Can't wait to see what's next.

ConsI'm a happy camper. N/A.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue inspiring and leading us to be the best at what we do.

Fun workplace, great people, and nice benefits.

Sales (Current Employee) Newark, CA (US)

ProsAwesome managers. Supportive team. Love coming to work. Managers let us own projects. Great employment growth potential!!!!! Cool products, especially the UE Boom! I also love the new building compared to the old one...I like that we moved all moved from two buildings to one building recently too.

There's a company huddle every week where the CEO speaks at too with free raffles!

ConsOpen space area can get noisy and distracting, but at least I can talk to others easier. More collaboration. It's good and bad.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone so far. Great job, Bracken.

Fun workplace, good benefits, but lacks

Project Manager (Current Employee) Newark, CA (US)

ProsI LOVE COMING TO WORK EVERYDAY!!!!!! Supportive team. I can walk to any department within 5 minutes whenever I need a quick response. Great work benefits too! I love our CEO!! He's good looking too.. =]

ConsWe need to have more company events!! Logitech also needs to hire more recent college graduates to the workplace too.

Advice to Senior ManagementCompany huddles are fun! Please add more fun events!

Worked for Logitech? Contribute to the Community!