Logitech Reviews

Updated 27 August 2014

3.5

Logitech President and Chief Executive Officer Bracken Darrell
Bracken Darrell

Pros
  • Great health benefits and lots of flexibility for a good work/life balance (in 20 reviews)

• Great products with more on the way (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance can be better (in 7 reviews)

• Poor senior management, more interested in personal importance than really growing the company (in 11 reviews)

More Highlights

Good one

Former Employee - Senior Data Analyst  in  Chennai
    Former Employee - Senior Data Analyst in Chennai

I worked at Logitech full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good work -life balance
    good growth and cross culture work exp
    employee benefit is very good

Cons

Top management focus & vision is not clear, lot of decision is made by individual not as a team, so whenever new person takes a role, he denies previous decisions.
    Some manager plays dirty politics to promote their favorite ppl.
    recently HR started creating trouble. lot of politics is growing
    Top management is very skeptical and negative about india operations.

Try to be transparent. be professional, not personal.
    Otherwise it's fine.

Fast pace and constantly changing

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newark, CA (US)

I have been working at Logitech full-time for more than a year

Pros

My boss is amazing and she really gets it. Vacation, time off, work-life balance, flexibility, open work space environment---the whole shabam. I joined Logitech just under 2 years ago and have been impressed with the evolving company culture.

Cons

Small company who talks about changing the company environment, but is slow to do so. It can take awhile to get things done.

For being such a large company, we should be more involved with the community and develop a volunteer program. We should also create a stronger university program here on site. Logitech needs a stronger presence on college campuses and around the globe.

Great place to do great things

Current Employee - Senior Brand Manager  in  Newark, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Brand Manager in Newark, CA (US)

I have been working at Logitech full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Under the new regime of Bracken, Logitech has made an incredible turn-around. The vibe is getting increasingly more positive and the culture is dramatically improving. I love the fact that we use video conferencing and can instantly connect face-to-face with any of our colleagues from around the world. This makes work a lot more productive without the hassles of traveling/being away from the family.

Cons

There are some legacy employees that are perpetually negative. The AMR region seems to try everything it can to work "against" the Business Groups vs with them. Not sure why this is...seems as if it's just "always been this way" and there are lots of legacy people who continue to feed this mentality. The workspace is all open office concept, but not in a "cool" way - it's ugly and cluttered.

Great work turning the culture around, keep it up! Would be nice to have a better work environment setup - the current open workspace environment is ugly, uncolorful and cluttered. Help to foster an environment where the AMR team isn't encouraged/incentivized to work against BGs.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Liking the job more than I expected to

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newark, CA (US)

I have been working at Logitech full-time for less than a year

Pros

The execs walk around like regular folk, especially Bracken. There are sightings of him all over the place, including the café, hallways, work areas, and more. He's very approachable, as are all the execs. I am adjusting much better to the open environment than I expected I'd be able to. I like the level of work I'm assigned, and I appreciate a very good work-life balance. I also think my manager is great. This is about my eighth job in 8 years due to constant contract work changing and ending. I am so glad I made the move to Logitech and feel lucky to have landed here, and as an FTE I'm expecting to stay a long time.

Cons

As a small company there aren't too many jobs that overlap, so sometimes questions can't get answered as fast as a newbie would like. In the past, there were 4 or 5 people doing my job alongside me, but now I am dependent on one person only. But the tradeoff is worth it. I'm thriving and producing now, which feels great.

At every event where you are speaking to Logitech employees and contractors, please let us know who you are, both by name and job title.

On the move, great potential.

I have been working at Logitech full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Logitech has a very strong history of innovation and great products. The multinational culture provides an opportunity for truly global work experience. The new CEO is a breath of fresh air and the environment reflects hid 'winning behaviors'. This is a great place to work if you want to make a difference and create amazing experiences for your customers.

Cons

At times the successes of the past create a sense of entitlement in the long-term employees. There is not enough time spent on learning from mistakes and using the learnings to inform future actions.

While it important to have continuity in the management and leadership team it is just as important to hold leaders accountable for their performance.

Getting much more interesting

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newark, CA (US)

I have been working at Logitech full-time

Pros

A lot of good changes over the last year. CEO and Execs really serious about building fewer but much bigger products and overall the teams are operating at a faster pace. Very international culture.

Cons

Still too consensus-driven. Rebranded HR into People & Culture, but unclear what this changed beside the naming. Mixed bag of top talent and under performers, making key to find the right team.

Way underrated

Current Employee - Finance  in  Newark, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Finance in Newark, CA (US)

I have been working at Logitech full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I was pleasantly surprised that this company has it together in terms of organization design, career opportunity, challenging employees, and compensation. I have done start-ups and other multinational corporations, but Logitech stands out as a emerging hybrid among the two. Management and senior management completely gets it and provides a holistic platform that enables opportunity for anyone in the company who wants to work hard.

Cons

Located in a suburbs of Silicon Valley. A little heavy on the use of contractors. A little too reactive to stock analyst ratings. Would do better to maintain confidence in investors. Logitech needs to keep their eye on the ball for long-term strategy.

We know you know, so do it with confidence.

software developer intern

I worked at Logitech as an intern

Pros

freedom , innovation and good place to learn

Cons

freedom , innovation and good place to learn

need to spend more money on research

interview process is easy, out of the box but get to the point.

I worked at Logitech

Pros

the technical program manager is pretty strong here make sure everything threads are in one place and resolve in time and efficiently.

Cons

in great neighborhood but don't have many positions if you need double income for the family.

Innovative Company on the rebound

I have been working at Logitech full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Logitech is a dynamic company driven by innovation and high quality. The company has a very creative vibe and treated its employees quite well. When I worked there (about 6 yrs ago) the company culture was a interesting mix of European and American values. All was good until market pressures forced them into a massive and prolonged RIF. Looks like Logitech is regaining its footing again

Cons

The company entered business segments that strayed from its core competencies. The business units were somewhat disparate, so that technologies and products were not easily cross-pollinated. The company was slow to adapt to new market trends (transitions from PC to notebook/mobile/tablets/ etc.

Invest in your employees. Integrate technologies across business units. Dampen the NIH attitudes that may be perceived as arrogant by customers and partners.

Worked for Logitech? Contribute to the Community!