Lowe's

Lowe's Chairman and CEO Robert A. Niblock

Robert A. Niblock

(1,194 ratings)

2,299 Employee Reviews

Pros:
  • "Lowe's have good benefits for full timers, and the store I work at the stuff are friendly"
    in 144 reviews
  • "Always have the opportunity for advancement"
    in 51 reviews
Cons:
  • "Part time benefits not very comprehensive but they do have an EAP plan"
    in 88 reviews
  • "Lowe's does not concern themselves with their employees having a Work/Life Balance"
    in 34 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

a good company for retail

Installed Sales Coordinator (Current Employee)
Riverside, CA (US)

I have been working at Lowe's part-time for less than a year

Pros401k match you up to 6% then a percentage after. The management team at my store is great .... tons of stores = more advancement opportunities .. we get small bonuses if we make our sales and service quotas .. benefits and stock purchase

Conspay raise per year is very low!!.. not sure if I will make it a career I am interested in HR but the HR turn over rate is very high at every store I have been to kind of scares me from taking that path ... also operating system is so old! I understand it would be extremely difficult and expensive to change but at some point I believe it needs to be done

Advice to Senior Managementi enjoy my management team at my store

Great Place to Work

Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee)
Aurora, CO (US)

I worked at Lowe's full-time for more than 5 years

ProsIt is safe to say that everyone wants to be happy where they work and enjoy what they do. When it comes to retail work, Lowes Home Improvement is the best “big box hardware store” to work for, hands down. Now Lowes, the place where you never stop improving together, has proven day in and day out to its employees that this is not just a marketing scheme, but it is in fact the way that Lowes runs its business. As an employer, Lowes outshines its hardware competitors in many ways. Lowes is a great place to work because has a plethora of growth opportunities for its employees to take advantage of. Lowes also offers great benefits to part-time and fulltime employees, and to top it all off the positive culture that is customer and community based makes it a fun and friendly environment to work in each and every day.
        Opportunity for employment at Lowes seems to be endless. From gardening and woodworking, to painting and interior design, Lowes offers an array of positions that focus on all different types of home improvement specialties. On top of being able to entertain employees with working in their different interests, Lowes offers positions to anyone from a recent high school graduate, to college students, to college graduates, to retired veterans. The great thing about Lowes is there are stores nationwide. The huge selection of stores to work at and the many opportunities they all have to offer for employment make it possible for employees to move around and have many opportunities to promote.
        When it comes down to it, Lowes is a great place to work. Between the endless opportunities in career advancement, to great health and retirement benefits, to a positive and progressive culture, Lowes truly has it all.

ConsSome of the challenges working in retail include an ever-changing work schedule, working on most holidays, and balancing your schedule with family time. This is a struggle that is faced at almost all retail stores and is certainly not unique to Lowe's.

The best Weekend Job around

I have been working at Lowe's part-time

ProsThe best job there is

ConsThere aren't any cons that I can remember

Good place to work.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Lowe's

ProsI learned a lot while I was there.

ConsI don't have anything negative to say.

cashire

Cashier (Current Employee)
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Lowe's part-time for more than a year

Prosgood work life balance and good ppl to work with

Consnot enough hours and eveery weekend to work and schedule upa nd down

Advice to Senior Managementnothing good managers and leaders

I would work at Lowe's again

Weekend Sales Team (Former Employee)
Madison, AL (US)

I worked at Lowe's part-time for less than a year

ProsGreat people to work with.

ConsPosition was only for the weekends and there were no openings for a regular schedule.

HR Manager

Human Resources Manager (Current Employee)
Williamsburg, VA (US)

I have been working at Lowe's full-time for more than 10 years

ProsRewarding, decent benefits, decent pay, employee discount

ConsRetail hours, work-life balance, out dated computer systems, you have to work on all holidays

Excellent company, great pay compared to other retailers.

Customer Service Associate-Appliances (Former Employee)
Columbia, MO (US)

I worked at Lowe's part-time for more than a year

ProsLowe's provided great high level training especially in the appliance department.
Lowe's provided great compensation for the work that you did no matter what department you were in.

ConsThe biggest con was that they took away spiffs when selling appliances which added another 50% of income to every paycheck.
When it comes down to it, Lowe's is retail and retail has its ups and downs.

Great place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Lowe's full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGood benefits, working environment. They care about their employees. Flexible schedules

ConsYou must request time off a month in advance, then you are not guaranteed to get it. Very hard to get a transfer to another store. There used to be a time when you filled out a form and turned it in for a transfer, now you have to apply for positions & interview just like the general public.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake it easier for transfers to another store. Bring back the spiffs. Once you took those away, a lot of attitudes changed.

It's not bad

Customer Service Associate (Former Employee)
Wake Forest, NC (US)

I worked at Lowe's part-time for less than a year

ProsNice people to work with and they are pretty flexible with your schedule. Management was nice at the store.

ConsPay could be better, I worked at a different Lowe's store, a smaller store in fact, and was paid more there.

Worked for Lowe's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Lowe's reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Lowe's CEO Robert A. Niblock. All 2,299 reviews are posted anonymously by Lowe's employees.