Lowe's

Lowe's Chairman and CEO Robert A. Niblock

Robert A. Niblock

(1,198 ratings)

2,309 Employee Reviews

Pros:
  • "Lowe's have good benefits for full timers, and the store I work at the stuff are friendly"
    in 144 reviews
  • "Always have the opportunity for advancement"
    in 51 reviews
Cons:
  • "Part time benefits not very comprehensive but they do have an EAP plan"
    in 88 reviews
  • "Lowe's does not concern themselves with their employees having a Work/Life Balance"
    in 34 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

HR Manager

Human Resources Manager (Current Employee)
Williamsburg, VA (US)

I have been working at Lowe's full-time for more than 10 years

ProsRewarding, decent benefits, decent pay, employee discount

ConsRetail hours, work-life balance, out dated computer systems, you have to work on all holidays

I have worked at Lowe's for less than 1 year.

Seasonal Cashier (Current Employee)
York, PA (US)

I have been working at Lowe's as a contractor for less than a year

ProsThe culture of the store is friendly for the most part. Laid back but professional! Starting wage is acceptable.

ConsThey hire a lot of younger people, (18-25), and that can make the environment a little less ideal. The kids don't know a lot about the products or where things are. They make a habit of acting childish during working hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementControl the younger staff members. Do not promote the younger ones to higher positions unless they portray a great image of professionalism.

Lowes Cashier

Cashier (Former Employee)
Madison, AL (US)

I worked at Lowe's part-time for less than a year

ProsThey offered benefits to part time employees. I had the flexibility to change my work schedule if needed. My coworkers were extremely nice and fun to be around.

ConsStanding on that concrete floor for the most part of your shift is a bit rough.

Advice to Senior ManagementAs far as the i worked at they were on top of their game and I don't really have any improvements other than salary.

Great place to work.

Supervisor (Current Employee)
Austin, TX (US)

I have been working at Lowe's full-time for more than a year

ProsRoom for advancement, the full time benefits and 401k match is great.

ConsWork-life balance and retail hours.

It is a good experience for all, gives you tools to further your career

I have been working at Lowe's

Prosflexibility of schedule, being able to work with the industries best

ConsCompany is too focused on omnichannel sales

I would work at Lowe's again

Weekend Sales Team (Former Employee)
Madison, AL (US)

I worked at Lowe's part-time for less than a year

ProsGreat people to work with.

ConsPosition was only for the weekends and there were no openings for a regular schedule.

The best Weekend Job around

I have been working at Lowe's part-time

ProsThe best job there is

ConsThere aren't any cons that I can remember

Good place to work.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Lowe's

ProsI learned a lot while I was there.

ConsI don't have anything negative to say.

Great Place to Work

Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee)
Aurora, CO (US)

I worked at Lowe's full-time for more than 5 years

ProsIt is safe to say that everyone wants to be happy where they work and enjoy what they do. When it comes to retail work, Lowes Home Improvement is the best “big box hardware store” to work for, hands down. Now Lowes, the place where you never stop improving together, has proven day in and day out to its employees that this is not just a marketing scheme, but it is in fact the way that Lowes runs its business. As an employer, Lowes outshines its hardware competitors in many ways. Lowes is a great place to work because has a plethora of growth opportunities for its employees to take advantage of. Lowes also offers great benefits to part-time and fulltime employees, and to top it all off the positive culture that is customer and community based makes it a fun and friendly environment to work in each and every day.
        Opportunity for employment at Lowes seems to be endless. From gardening and woodworking, to painting and interior design, Lowes offers an array of positions that focus on all different types of home improvement specialties. On top of being able to entertain employees with working in their different interests, Lowes offers positions to anyone from a recent high school graduate, to college students, to college graduates, to retired veterans. The great thing about Lowes is there are stores nationwide. The huge selection of stores to work at and the many opportunities they all have to offer for employment make it possible for employees to move around and have many opportunities to promote.
        When it comes down to it, Lowes is a great place to work. Between the endless opportunities in career advancement, to great health and retirement benefits, to a positive and progressive culture, Lowes truly has it all.

ConsSome of the challenges working in retail include an ever-changing work schedule, working on most holidays, and balancing your schedule with family time. This is a struggle that is faced at almost all retail stores and is certainly not unique to Lowe's.

Excellent company, great pay compared to other retailers.

Customer Service Associate-Appliances (Former Employee)
Columbia, MO (US)

I worked at Lowe's part-time for more than a year

ProsLowe's provided great high level training especially in the appliance department.
Lowe's provided great compensation for the work that you did no matter what department you were in.

ConsThe biggest con was that they took away spiffs when selling appliances which added another 50% of income to every paycheck.
When it comes down to it, Lowe's is retail and retail has its ups and downs.

Worked for Lowe's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Lowe's reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Lowe's CEO Robert A. Niblock. All 2,309 reviews are posted anonymously by Lowe's employees.