MEGA Brands

Updated May 05, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Marc Bertrand

Great company to work for

Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) Montreal, QC (Canada)

ProsVery nice environment of work where people are helpful!

ConsWas expecting to get a lot of challenges but they never occured!

Advice to Senior ManagementImproving HR to attract and keep talented workers.

It's a typical corporation who doesn't seem to value their employees.

Marketing Assistant (Current Employee) Lafayette, IN (US)

ProsThe work/life balance is pretty great. There is generally a great opportunity for travel because they're an international company.

ConsHuge disconnect between local branches and headquarters, you get the feel of that "stereotypical corporate culture". It doesn't seem like a company you could grow passionate for. Upper-level staff seems to look down on lower-level staff.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave a better communication flow between staff and senior management.

Ok for young people

Project Manager (Former Employee)

ProsFun atmosphere, toys, a lot to learn when you are fresh

ConsPeople promoted based on personal relationships. Hard work is not rewarded at all.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in your people

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Should have had a bed available, because I practically lived there.

Manager (Former Employee) Irvine, CA (US)

ProsGREAT people!! Wow... can't tell you what a group of talented people that are there. Unfortunately, it goes unnoticed. This is truely their only asset...

ConsThere are not enough people working there - as a manager, I had so many things to do that things were getting done half-aed. I hate working and not making something great... just good enough.

I would have loved to do a much better job, but since I was working about 60 hours a week (on a good week), I just couldn't.

When the company was in NJ, there were 300 people, not there are about 50 - and a great work load.

DONT EVER SPEND YOUR OWN MONEY TO PURCHASE THINGS!! Just an FYI from experience, I was asked to purchase things, but because we are so overworked, I didn't submit the expense for as soon as they would have hoped... and because of it, I was out over 1k! Others never spent thier own money - and if you apply to this company, make this your rule too! Put yourself first. always because you will be taken advantage of.

Advice to Senior ManagementHIRE MORE PEOPLE! You can't expect to lay off 300 people and hire 50 to replace them.

Web Designer

ProsFun people and no dress code so its really fun vibe and all workers are usually below the age of 25

Consvery low pay, hard to go up the ladder as there is constant management changes every year and pay increases are virtually nil

Advice to Senior Managementplease rememebr that a happy employee is a much more productive worker than a disgruntled one, although it seems that this falls on blind eyes

Worked for MEGA Brands? Contribute to the Community!