MIPS Technologies

www.mips.com

MIPS Technologies Reviews in Sunnyvale, CA

MIPS Technologies – Portugal – “Conference room”

MIPS Technologies President and CEO Sandeep S. Vij

Sandeep S. Vij

5 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Strong technology, lack of leadership to define winning strategy

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Sunnyvale, CA (US)

ProsMIPS has a legacy of very efficient RISC CPU architecture, with a business model of licensing IP cores or architecture licensing for further customization. The people at MIPS are intelligent, and with proper leadership and a well defined strategy this could be a much more rewarding place to work. Benefits are good, and perks such as bagels, fruit deliveries and Friday beer bust are nice.

ConsCompany needs to decide whether they are niche company or broad based. Integration into Imagination Technologies will help add resources and additional budget and hopefully improve accountability across the company

Advice to Senior ManagementGood luck to the new combined company!

Current Employee

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Sunnyvale, CA (US)

ProsGood brand name, good history. Customers like MIPS architecture and want to be loyal to it.

ConsHorrible executive management team. Constant infighting. No one is responsible for anything - no accountability. CEO is in way over his head. Uncompetitive product line - doesn't meet need of customers but engineering, who defines products, doesn't listen to customers and, instead, tries to tell customers where they are wrong. No vision. No strategy. No goals.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey already sold the company. For new management, learn about the CPU market and issues and establish a vision and strategy before mouthing off.

Great working environment, but weak management

ProsGreat team players
    No politics
    Everyone works well together
    Leading architecture for consumer electronics
    Will be great company post acquisition (announced publicly)

ConsLack of vision and execution from CEO (addressed post acquisition)
    Sometimes NIH attitude or adversity to change creeps into decisions

Advice to Senior ManagementExecute integration of the two companies well and make sure that our voice is heard in the new combined company.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

CEO loud without vision or IQ

Director of Marketing (Current Employee) Sunnyvale, CA (US)

ProsMIPS has a great brand name and was a pioneer of the yesteryears.

ConsCEO has put together a crony team. His neighbors and friends. He is on holiday most of the time and brags about his parties and his vacations. Throws all the locations out. Also a name dropper. He has no vision and keeps talking about we have a soul.

Advice to Senior ManagementChange the CEO and fire the executive team and get someone hands-on in here.

Not that great.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Sunnyvale, CA (US)

Prosflexible work environment for employees.

ConsNo clear vision by management.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to show a clear vision.

Worked for MIPS Technologies? Contribute to the Community!