MSC Industrial Direct

www.mscdirect.com

MSC Industrial Direct Reviews

Updated Jul 27, 2014
MSC Industrial Direct – Maumee – “Branch/Call Center”

MSC Industrial Direct – Maumee – “Branch/Call Center”

MSC Industrial Direct CEO Erik Gershwind

Erik Gershwind

Pros
  • Sometimes I feel customer service people are my closest allies in the company (in 6 reviews)

• Great co-workers; good benefits; gives back to the communites they are in (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Senior Management simply moves the jobs around between themselves (in 7 reviews)

• Highly segregated feel toward upper management (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

Okay

ProsSame old same old thing

ConsHas now become a stale place to work

The way they present the culture is great but they don't follow it

OUTSIDE SALES (Current Employee)

ProsThe benefits are good,

Consthe middle management only care about growth of your accounts and use micromanagement to try and keep you extra busy. Dont expect to make much of your commissions since the goals are so hard to reach.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the employees. They spend so much time talking that they don't understand the struggles of the feet on the street.

Concerned

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsComfortable, Nice Coworkers, Flexible and Laid Back

ConsNo Growth Potential, Needs Better Paid Time Off Policies especially regarding Leave of Absence.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Growing company that offers opportunities

ProsVisible, active leadership and fast growth organization

ConsFast growth and with that comes change

Don't use your mind or else

National Sales Manager (Former Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

ProsStable company that is growing. Good systems, processes, procedures. My co-workers generally wanted to do a good job. Good customer service.

ConsYou must act like a robot and question nothing. There is a ton of busy work in order to do your job, just so the leadership can track you. Although the company is growing, there is virtually no opportunity for advancement. Senior Management simply moves the jobs around between themselves.

Bad Exp.

Warehouse (Former Employee) Harrisburg, PA (US)

ProsThe benifits are ok,the pay is about average

ConsWork employes like dogs.Place is a revolving door

Advice to Senior ManagementWho am i to advise management,they already think they know everything.

Good place to work- Could be better

Account Executive (Current Employee)

ProsProduct offerings and the ability to deliver on time to customer.

ConsTo much mid-management, compensation plan is very hard to understand, Micro management becoming a problem.

Advice to Senior ManagementCut management team in half so that the sales team doesn't have to carry all the weight of the company. Develop pay plan for all sales to understand. Stop with all the micro management.

A Great Company

Prosgreat People, excellent benefits, rewards for hard working people.

ConsNothing to report. overall a great company

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't forget about the people who helped make the company it is today.Upper management sometimes forgets about the associates that have been with the company long term and are wowed by something new.

Good Morals and ethics at MSC.

OSA (Current Employee)

ProsGood place to work! The company values are true to what they tell you in training. You get 6 months to build your knowledge and resources.

ConsThe biggest challenge is learning the products, however if you just learn to tell your customer you'll look into whether or not you carry something, not just a flat out "no", MSC probably sells it or can source it.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to grow aggressive strategy to crush the competition

Bad Communication

Buyer (Former Employee) Davidson, NC (US)

ProsNone - the whole experience was very unpleasant

ConsScheduled an interview and canceled 30 minutes before the interview. Said to call to reschedule. After several calls and e-mails with no response I gave up. It would have been professional to call back with a reason they were not rescheduling.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you have someone reschedule their whole day for an interview more notice AND a reason would be the professional thing to do.

Worked for MSC Industrial Direct? Contribute to the Community!